• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Topics Encountered Out Soulwinning

• Members

So, I have a specific Bible that I take with me when I go out with the purpose of witnessing. In that Bible I have "mapped out" several subjects (i.e. I write the subject title in the front of Bible and put the reference beside it, when you turn to that reference, it is underlined and the next reference is written there, and so on until you finish the subject.)

My question is, what are some questions or subjects that you have encountered out soulwinning that I can map out in my Bible?

• Members

2 of the biggest soul-winning arguments I hear (lately):

"There is no God":

Psalm 14:1 "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God..."
Romans 1: "19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,"

"You're one of those "Jesus freaks, I don't need Jesus, God loves us all, or We're all God's children":

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
John 10:30 "I and my Father are one."

Just wondering... over the last 6 months or so I've noticed a HUGE difference in the way the gospel has been rejected here (Ohio-US).  I don't know if this is going on everywhere, or just in this area.  It used to be if people didn't want to hear the gospel, they would at least politely decline.  Now... the majority seem to be openly hostile to the gospel. Not just that, but the answer used to be more varied and now seem to be the 2 I listed above.
I keep trying... though, because Isaiah 55:11 tells us that God's word will not return unto Him void, etc.  

Just wondering if it's a local Phenomena?

• Members

A lot of folks I encounter bring out that they are, 'good people,' and they have not sinned. When they think of sin they think of murder, assault, or a heinous crime. And, in their eyes, and in the eyes of society, when they compare themselves with society, their reasoning appear logical why they should not be classified as a sinner. As a personal note, this was my stumbling block before I got saved.

I bring out two things which seem to be effective.

1. 2 Corinthians 10:12, "For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend  themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." I bring out, politely, that in the sight of our fellow man we appear normal and not sinners; but in the sight, and understanding of God, we have sinned against His glory, and against His Law. Whether or not we have transgressed the law of man is immaterial.

2. As an example of this situation I normally to to Mark 7. If I have time I read Mark 7:1-23 to get the story of what is said by the Lord Jesus. If we do not have time, I just read Mark 7:20-23 In Mark 7: 20-23 the Lord Jesus clearly states 13 sins that come out of the heart of man and forbidden by the Old Testament Law. Most people have transgressed several of these sins, and probably all men have transgressed the major sin of them all, the first sin that Jesus mentioned was; "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts..." Mark 7:21

Once a person reads this, (I almost always read it and not quote it), he knows in his heart that he has committed this sin on a large number of occcasions. Normally, a person is convicted of their sins at this point in the discussion and our talk turns more serious at this point.

Hope the above thoughts help.

Alan

• Members

Ronda said, " Just wondering... over the last 6 months or so I've noticed a HUGE difference in the way the gospel has been rejected here (Ohio-US).  I don't know if this is going on everywhere, or just in this area.  It used to be if people didn't want to hear the gospel, they would at least politely decline.  Now... the majority seem to be openly hostile to the gospel. Not just that, but the answer used to be more varied and now seem to be the 2 I listed above.
I keep trying... though, because Isaiah 55:11 tells us that God's word will not return unto Him void, etc.  

Just wondering if it's a local Phenomena?"

Sad to say, but, it is not a local phenomena. Most people have stopped being polite and are getting more bolder in their resistance to the gospel and to the soul-winner personally. Some folks are getting out-and-out hostile; not only in the US but in other countries as well.  The amount of open hostility, snide remarks, laughing at the soul-winner is increasing. Last week it was brought out in a discussion at our church that the the soul-winners in our area are referred to as, "crazy."

The day may come when they consider those who openly pass out tracts are considered, "mentally unbalanced." That my soul-winning friends is a legal phrase made by the liberals to put the soul-winner in a mental hospital.

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

As America has shifted from being a predominately secular Christian nation to a secular humanist nation the openness to the Gospel has declined. Most often I used to encounter those either willing to listen or who would politely decline. Today it's more common to receive near immediate hostility. This usually takes the form of mocking Christianity, making accusations against Christians/Christ, asking questions meant as a wall rather than a desire to hear an answer, or at times outright foul verbal personal assaults and even threats of physical violence.

Many years ago I witnessed to street gangs in "the hood". While they most often at first looked at me with suspicion (mostly because they thought the only white man who would come alone in their "hood" must be a cop), once they realized why I was there some would always listen to me, a few would even ask good questions, and those uninterested would usually just walk away. That's not the case today as the black street gangs have moved towards embracing a form of Black Liberation Theology or Islam, or a mixture of the two. They view whites and "white bread Christianity" as the enemy and are quick to yell foul verbal assaults, followed by intimidation and physical violence in order to keep their "hood" free from white invaders and their "slave religion".

Even in this little rural town I'm in now where most think of themselves as some form of Christian there is defensiveness or hostility toward anyone saying anything about Christianity beyond very generic statements.

There has been a very big shift in attitude regarding Christianity in America over the past few decades. The stage is being firmly set for outright persecution of Christians conducted and accepted by much of the public and sanctioned and enforced by the government. The secular, liberal and watery "Christian" churches will support this and be among our biggest enemies as they seek to set themselves up as "true, tolerant, loving Christians" aiding the government and country by ridding them of those "intolerant, mean spirited, hateful, false, fundamentalist Christians".

• Members

My wife had or has a small new testament called the Personal Workers Testament which  has soul winning verses underlined in red with reference to similar verses.  I say had or has as she has not seen it lately.  It may have got lost when we moved here, or some one may have borrowed it.  I used to work with someone who had the same testament but his son lost it.  When I found him a new one in a bookshop, it had the underlining in black rather than red.  The following has one for sale but it doesn't say anything about it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Personal-Workers-Testament/dp/0900284277

Edited by Invicta
It is KJV

• Members

My wife had or has a small new testament called the Personal Workers Testament which  has soul winning verses underlined in red with reference to similar verses.  I say had or has as she has not seen it lately.  It may have got lost when we moved here, or some one may have borrowed it.  I used to work with someone who had the same testament but his son lost it.  When I found him a new one in a bookshop, it had the underlining in black rather than red.  The following has one for sale but it doesn't say anything about it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Personal-Workers-Testament/dp/0900284277

Excellent recommendation. I used to see a red lined Personal Workers New Testament sold in  Christian bookstores years ago.

• Members

Excellent recommendation. I used to see a red lined Personal Workers New Testament sold in  Christian bookstores years ago.

Good News.

I have done a search and found it.  The print is a bit small for my old eyes but here is the Salvation index.  There is a further list of references at the back which I will try to scan in later.  Every time I selected one of the items to change the colour to red, the computer went to sleep and I had to wait before I could proceed.  There are more references at the back and I will try and scan them in later but will not try to change the colour as it took me ages.  I hope this is of use.

SALVATION

A ALL unsaved people are sinners, ..•.... Matt. 12. 30.

C CONDITION of sinners described, ........ Matt. 4.16.

D Christ DIED to save sinners, ......... Matt. 20. 28.
E The Lord knows EVERY secret thing, .. Matt. 9. 4.

F We are saved through FAITH .........Mark 1. 15.
G "GOOD WORKS,"etc.,alone will not save, Matt. 5. 8.

H Punishment and HELL awaits sinners .. :Matt. 3.7.

J All men will be JUDGED by the Lord, .. :Matt. 7.2.

K Saving and KEEPING power of the Lord, Matt. 1. 21.
L The Lord LOVES and is willing to save

sinners, ........................................... Matt. 1. 21.

N Danger of NEGLECTING or rejecting

salvation, ...................................... Matt. 10. 14. 15.

O The Lord the ONLY way of salvation, .. Matt. 18. 2,3.

P ThLord is willinto PARDON backsliders, Matt. 10.6.

R REPENTANCE, confession, restitution, .. Matt. 3. 2.

T TESTIFYING, or confessing the Lord, ... Matt. 10. 32,

W WHOSOEVER WILL" may be saved, .Matt. 7. 8.

For extended list of references see end of book.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Brethren,

I have some, "This Was Your Life." Chick tracts in Chinese." If there is any one who who would like to have some  please let me know.

Alan

Tract This Was Your Life Chinese.jpg

Also, I can send anyone, free of any charge, including postage, 1 to 100 copies.

Alan

Edited by Alan
additional information re-upload tract photo