• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Where They Stand on KY Clerk Kim Davis Issue

• Members

Only five candidates take clear stands in support of Davis and the right of Christians to not have to violate their faith by supporting homosexual "marriage" on the job.

Rand Paul

Ted Cruz

Huckabee

Jindal

Santorum

Four taking fence sitting "gray area" approaches to the issue.

Rubio

Bush

Walker

Carson

One remaining silent.

Perry

Six clearly against.

Kasich

Trump

Christie

Graham

Fiorina

Pataki

• Members

I'm glad you're keeping up with the issues, John81, maybe you can keep me updated here on the key issues having to do with IFB values. 

I used to watch all the nominational and electoral candidate debates years ago, and a few times I was even gullible enough to believe what they had to say, so much so that I voted for a past president because of it... (just to make it clear: NOT the current president, lol) But I found out (as I think we all know- you too) that they (politicians) make all kinds of statements to get a vote... and they rarely ever (if even ever) mean what they say.  I'd like to believe there would be a candidate that was truly conservative, that truly upheld the word of God, and actually prayed to God for guidance.  However, I don't believe such a politician exists in this day.  I think the word "Christian politician" would be an oxymoron so big  that Websters could use it to describe the word oxymoron.  Then I also was given advice from my Dad many years ago, he said, "if there isn't a candidate you agree with, then vote for the lesser of the 2 evils".  That might have applied at the time he gave me the advice, but I have to say during the last presidential election there wasn't even a lesser of the 2 evils... they were both evil through and through.  So.... I don't even watch that type of thing anymore.  Makes me want to throw up or throw a brick at the TV, lol.  My son came running down stairs a few times asking me if I had been calling for him, then he looked at the TV and said: "Never mind, I see the Obamination is on again".  I decided it wasn't worth it to listen to the lies pour out of his evil mouth, so I just quit watching political things altogether.  (I actually quit watching all TV except for a few shows on Trinity and the old "Waltons" reruns, because even the commercials now on even local stations are filth).   I do hope one of the above politicians means what they say... even just a little, lol, but I won't hold my breath.  

• Members

I was recently in a discussion with  Senate Candidate from VA Steve Wiles on the Kim Davis issue.  He was vehemently against Kim Davis.

i decided to research.

found out that Steve was a drag queen in a gay bar for eight years last year.  Called himself Mona Sinclair.

needless to say, he no longer can contact me.  Knowledge of the candidates background is important.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

The two parties have been going a bad direction for a long time now. At least now that so many in the GOP are talking and acting so liberal maybe more folks will take notice. How can a person take a serious look at the past 50 years and not see that regardless of there being a Dem or Repub in the White House, America has steadily gone the wrong direction. How many things which conservatives once stood against have actually been eliminated? The entire welfare state is not only still in effect, but kept growing by both parties. Abortion is still legal after 40 years of the Repubs supposedly fighting against it. Now we have homosexual marriage declared "the law of the land" and many in the GOP have already caved to that and more will follow.

Revival, a great awakening, nothing short of such will turn America in a better direction.

• Members

Getting so a person can't rely on any politician having true Christian values without that same politician having highly immoral or ungodly values as well.

the direction this world is going, i am not so sure any Christian should be in office.  The position always forces them to compromise.

• Members

I agree with both of you!  "Standing Firm":  You are right... they have to be corrupt to "play ball" in politics... they have to accept large bribes just to keep "playing" and they have to bend what morals they have (if any) to those who paid them to get them there.  

John81: I agree a wide-scale revivals have happened in the past and I guess it could happen again. But if history is any pattern or clue all other past cultures that became so depraved as to condone sodomy and all of the other immoral acts were destroyed.   Even if a large scale revival took place would the supreme court be reversed? The supreme court has stated on more than one decision that they are no longer going by precedence (or past decisions), they are now making NEW decisions based on GLOBAL laws. The supreme court is even more powerful than a president... the judges are appointed and don't have term limits either.  The world is pushing for a one world government, the monetary system worldwide is ready to collapse, it just seems ripe for prophetic events to start happening (and I'm not talking about the youtube 7th Shemitah nonsense either, lol).  The world is demanding more "safety" for their records, identity theft is at an all time high, I can see how easy it will be for a one-world government to be sold to the masses once the bride of Christ is gone.  Then the pope is spouting nonsense about how "all religions worship the same god" and he's addressing congress AND the U.N. soon... WHY should he be doing that???  For a country that threw out the 10 commandments and bible in schools, why would they give ear to a so-called religious leader? They scream separation of church and state but then they'll listen to a pope for crying out loud. I honestly can't see HOW this once great country could undo any of the  damaging "laws" that have already taken effect. Especially since the majority of people who live in the US now are liberal and only use the name of the Lord in vain or as part of a cussword.  It does seem to be spiraling towards that direction (of the wrath to come).  BUT I know the Lord will appear in the clouds and we (the saved) won't be here for the wrath to come! I'm just saying the obvious... there has never been a time closer to the rapture than now.  Even so, come, Lord Jesus! 

• Members

No doubt, at some point in history all nations will be fully running with the devil. Any revival will only postpone such, not prevent it. In the meantime, it's out duty to spread the Gospel and make disciples, trusting God with the outcome.

Many so-called conservatives today, who once spoke of America First, avoidance of foreign entanglements and such things now openly advocate for not only America playing world policeman, but for the establishment of a world police force of a military sort. Such a beast would necessarily require at least many countries joining in such and set the stage for a world governing body.

Thankfully, the Lord always has a remnant and will continue to have such no matter how bad things get before Christ returns.