• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

saved with questions and concerns

bjshuf

• Members

I'm a 46 year old woman, 3 grown children, divorced. I grew up southern baptist and always believed in God. For many years I quit going to church. The last few years have been extremely horrible for me and my family. I tried to convince myself that God didn't exist so I could commit suicide. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it did. My youngest went to jail accused of molesting my granddaughter (3yo). My family is a wreck. With that being said, I thank God every day. He's been calling me back and I can look back and see the times that He's called me and I refused Him. I finally dragged myself back to church and the preacher said he felt a calling that day. He kept saying how he didn't preach on what he had planned. My sister and I both feel that God was using preacher that day to talk directly to us. It felt like getting a hug from Jesus. I won't turn my back on Him again. I thank God for not turning His back on me after all of my sinning and denying. I'm ashamed and I am so grateful. I can't attend church but every other Sunday due to my work schedule and I've been looking online for more.....well, just more. I stumbled across this site and liked what I see. A little weary that there may be people that steer me wrong but willing to give it a try. I hope that I've found an online home to help me grow with my love for God.

• Members

Hi bjshuf!  I'm so glad you came here! I also come here for fellowship with like-minded Christians to grow and study God's word. I also have found a site called sermonaudio.com where you can find some wonderful sermons!!! And remember in Luke 5:32 Jesus said: "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance".  and He also said: "There is none righteous, no, not one" in Romans 3:10, and quite a few other verses which lets you know that every single one of us is a sinner. Recognizing that we each sin and need a savior is the first step! Sounds like He was calling you to Him!! And I'm so happy you answered His call :) In John 6:37 Jesus said: "and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out". So we know there's not a sin "too big" that He can't forgive! That's a comforting feeling, huh? In Romans 5:8 it says: "But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us".  He wants us to come to Him and accept His free gift of eternal salvation. I hope you've made that decision in life (there isn't a decision any more important). You said you've always believed in God, but I don't know if you mean you just believe there is a God or that you've accepted salvation through Jesus, so if you haven't I urge you to consider doing so today.  If you meant you've already been saved possibly many years ago and then "back-slid" or lived without thinking of God or what He would want us to do... I know He will take you with open arms and forgive you if you ask and are sincere.  Looking forward to getting to know you as a friend and for fellowship here.  I felt so happy when you said "I know I won't turn my back on Him again".  I feel the same way! 

• Members

I was saved as a young person, backslid and accepted Jesus Christ as my savior agian in my early 20's. I have so many excuses....I swing shifts, this got in the way and that got in the way.....I can only look at it one honest way and that is I turned my back on God! I turned away from God! I'm so terribly ashamed of that. I'm so thankful that He has welcomed me with open arms and I'm ready to be used on his behalf. I am a sinner and I struggle every day, but I also get stronger every day. I pray that I will hear when He calls me to work for Him. I pray every day that I will recognize the way that He wants to use me. I know in my heart that something big is happening in my life and I feel that He is working me towards something. I'm not a go getter and I am not organized. I have a lazy bone and I procrastinate habitually. hehe.....Our Lord knows something I don't. I've got so much to learn, but I'm ready and willing, Praise God!!