• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A good ensample

• Members

Thank you brother Donald for the Bible study on 1 Peter 5:5 connected with 1 Peter 2:21. 

We also appreciate your reasons why the word, example and ensample, was translated correctly by the King James translators. I am also of the persuasion that if a individual will consider the word 'ensample' in 1 Peter 5:3 and the word 'example' in 1 Peter 2:21 and study the context then they will notice the spiritual difference between the two words.

May God richly bless you.

Alan 

Edited by Alan
wrong scripture reference

• Members

Thanks for sharing!  That is very interesting.

All those other translations -- it's just people trying to make a name for themselves and make money off God's Word.  I used to use other translations on occasion, but then I was asked to write some Bible studies in the NLT version.  As I worked with it I came to realize what a piece of junk it was.  So many words left out, ideas just not accurate at all, etc.  That convinced me that the KJB was the one to stick with and stand by.  Nothing compares.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thank you brother Donald for the Bible study on 1 Peter 5:5 connected with 1 Peter 2:21

We also appreciate your reasons why the word, example and ensample, was translated correctly by the King James translators. I am also of the persuasion that if a individual will consider the word 'ensample' in 1 Peter 5:5 and the word 'example' in 1 Peter 2:21 and study the context then they will notice the spiritual difference between the two words.

May God richly bless you.

Alan 

Um, that first reference is supposed to be 1 Peter 5:3.