• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hello

• Members

<1) Why a Baptist (or how does one become a Baptist?)>  I was raised Baptist, I have always thought of myself as Baptist. I believe that the bible is God's instruction and life guide and that we shouldn't change it to fit our needs. My Baptist families have always stuck by that and have been supportive in my belief. <2) What made you decide to be baptized?>  I was a teenager when I decided to get baptised. I was regularly going to church but not living a "God Approved" life. I use to drink a LOT of energy drink. For those who knows what it means, me and my friends would drink 3 or 4 BFC monster energy drinks a day.  On Thanksgiving, my best friend died of heart failure. He was a senior and about to graduate. I was scared, I drank way more than he did. I did end up having seizures and I had one while driving; I missed a semi truck by inches. That was when I decided that I would trust God with my life and he would take care of me. I got baptised a few months later. <3) If you stood before God today and He asked, "Why should I allow you into Heaven?", what do you think you would tell Him?> Honestly, I have no idea what I would tell him. Ivr been a poor Christian these last few years and don't deserve a place in heaven; I only hope that I can redeem myself and put my life and faith in his hands and through him earn a place in his glory. 

For those who wondered, I'm a Lovebird lover. I have one male peach faced lovebird who spends almost no time in his cage. 

• Members

Birdlover99: I'm so glad you got off the energy drinks! I'm sorry your friend passed away from the effects on the body.  My son wanted to drink those because his friends were, I read up on them and decided he didn't need them and explained what they could do to a body.  Satan will use any foothold he can to tear down a person.

I like the part of your answer about "through Him earn a place in heaven".  We are all sinners, saved by grace (if we've accepted Christ as our savior) and not one of us deserves a place in His glory, no matter how many "good works" we do.  Isaiah 6:46 tells us "all our righteousness are as filthy rags" Thank God for His gift through Jesus atoning blood! 1st Corinthians 6:11 tells us "but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God".

So glad you joined us here... great place to grow, learn, and fellowship!