• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hello

• Moderators

Howdy.

Curious:   1) Why a Baptist (or how does one become a Baptist?)       2) What made you decide to be baptized?       3) If you stood before God today and He asked, "Why should I allow you into Heaven?", what do you think you would tell Him?

• Members

Hi and hope you "get back on the wagon" lol... it can be a bumpy ride but eternal salvation in Jesus is worth all the bumps in this temporal world. I'm glad you felt that tugging and calling back to the word and the Lord.  I hope you will stick around and study here, there are many great studies being taught and lots of nice people too!

• Members

Hi Rosie, Thanks so much for the prayers.  I just got done with a colonoscopy and an endoscopy today, and hopefully that will show something about the stomach troubles.  The multiple sclerosis has gotten a little worse but I still have the use of my hands and I thank the Lord for that!!! My spinal cord disease is about the same and it's pretty painful, but I hang onto the knowledge that He is with me and will never forsake me. I finally got approved for an in-home health aide for 5 hours a day... been praying over that too... I don't watch much TV (just trinity) and an occasional "Waltons" rerun lol.  And I also don't listen to the radio so I don't know how someone coming into my home will react about those things as well as me listening to sermonaudio a LOT!  I pray the person will be kind and I really hope they would be a Christian, but that's likely too much to hope for in this day and age.  Maybe they will be receptive to the word of God?  I don't know... there are a lot of "ifs" up in the air right now, but i know I have to have help now since I'm in the wheelchair and bed most of the time.  It's got to be better than a nursing home?  Anyways... maybe I sound petty... but I've got a lot of reservations as to what it will be like when they fill the position. Thanks again for the prayers, very much appreciated!!