• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My brother David

• Moderators

GenevanPreacher: Thank you for

1) Insuring Ian received the link.

2) The good laugh --- When someone THINKS they have me or my motivations figured out they miss it so far that, as I told a supervisor, "You aren't just 'out in left field' but you can't even see the left field fence-line with a telescope". Save yourself the trouble, although it does offer me an opportunity for amusement.

• Members

If I may make a comment or perhaps a suggestion.

A number of sites put your URL on them.  If their URL appeared on the screen we could see if those who seem to came back continually under a number of names could be identified.  

I know that doesn't always work because I used to turn my router off when I wasn't using the internet and each time I turned it on I got a different URL.  But it is not like that now.

• Administrators

I think you are using the wrong terminology Invicta. You said "URL", which is the address of a website or webpage. I think you may have meant the person's I.P. address.

Once upon a time the I.P. address was static, it was always the same when you logged on. Now most of them are dynamic and assigned randomly, they change at the whim of servers.

On my message forums a person's I.P. address appears beneath their username, but only mods or admins can see it, not the general public. Whether an I.P. address is displayed on a message board totally depends on the board's owner, how he writes the script and the boards formatting.

• Members

Sorry HC. My mistake. It seems like I remember it differently. But I take your word over my memory and the time it would take to check.

As for the 'Rules' for rejoining a forum? I may be different, but I have never read the rules in detail to understand that it was wrong to rejoin a forum under a different name. I assume, maybe ignorantly, that I am not the only one?

Yes, I am on the RTI forum. So, I am on here too. My experience in joining forums is, to say the least, limited. I do not 'have an underlying aggenda' nor do I look to destroy anyone or their forum.

But the courtesy of supposed brotherly love doesn't exist in rules.

I love the brethren. The brethren love eachother. What need we with rules that are so picky as to act like fighting siblings and then ban someone without knowing their intentions.

• Administrators

There is no courtesy when one is banned and rather than seeking permission just rejoins under another account. And brotherly love doesn't mean we allow all comers.

Why defend the defenseless? There was no attempt to be reinstated. Ergo motivation is automatically suspect. Ban was permanent. Permanent still means not temporary. Ergo rejoining under another name/account is also automatically suspect.

I realize, GP, that Ian is your friend. And I'm glad for that. But you need to stop accusing mods of being unloving because we won't back off the banning of your friend simply because the two of you hatched a plan for his return.

It's done. It sticks. End of story.

• Members
10 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

And I came back because I want people to know what I believe under my name Genevanpreacher on this site.

That is all.

No big conspiracy.

Oh come on! I read somewhere the X-Files is back on TV so with that and you showing up here at this time must indicate some sort of conspiracy! Look around. The GOP and media are conspiring to bring down Trump while the DNC and media are conspiring to prop up Hillary and we all know Area 51 holds the secrets of the Roswell incident. Are we to believe all these things and your reentry here are not in some manner, in some way, connected in the conspiracy thread?

Just where were you on August 9th, 1904? And don't even try that lame, "I wasn't even born yet" cover-up!

:D

• Administrators

GP, we all know what you believe. Just be careful or you might find yourself back in 1904 via the wormhole they just found at Area 21 while they were looking for Sasquatch. I told them he only lives in WA state, but they just didn't believe me.:D

This thread has run its course. I would hope that members here will continue to uphold Ian's family in prayer as they deal with their loss.