• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My brother David

• Members

About 100 at the funeral - no Gospel - time for remembering loved ones. Began & ended with prayer, & included Psalm 23 & "All things bright & beautiful." 

Our elderly Aunts weren't able to be there. Lily - 90ish - is in hospital & could be next. We stayed at the guest room of Aunt Mary's retirement flat & prayed with her & Uncle Ray before coming home. While my mother was alive we were very close, but after she died we didn't have occasions to come together. 

Thanks for prayers. 

Sept 20th

Now we have heard Aunt Lily has cancer - lumps in stomach & neck. She is mentally alert, & they will treat her with chemo. Please add her to your prayers. When we have spoken of the Gospel, her attitude was typical CofE - Christian by infant baptism & church attendance.

@BroMatt 

Edited by Covenanter
Add Aunt Lily to prayer request. I can't post new

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Update:

David's widow, Trixie, had a stroke a few days before Christmas, but recovered enough in a few days to return home. She's OK at home but needs lots of help as she can't get out.

Aunt Lily is now in a hospice.

My wife Ann suffered severe bleeding early December & was diagnosed with womb cancer. We were at the hospital several times a week through December & January, until hysterectomy at the end of January. She has made a good recovery & they think there is a low chance of recurrence, so she is having 4 sessions of radiotherapy. Started yesterday & will end next Thursday.

Thank you for your prayers.

• Administrators

Thank you for this update Ian, my prayers go out to and for Ann, as well as comfort for you. I have a good resource that deals with coping with the side effects of chemo and radiation if you or Ann would like to have it. My late wife wrote this resource and placed it online and it has been a help to many.

• Members
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Thank you for this update Ian, my prayers go out to and for Ann, as well as comfort for you. I have a good resource that deals with coping with the side effects of chemo and radiation if you or Ann would like to have it. My late wife wrote this resource and placed it online and it has been a help to many.

Thanks Jim, no side effects yet but the link may be helpful, please.

• Members

Bro. Foley,

Thank you for uploading your late wife's cancer webpage, "Help for Becoming a Survivor." I am sure it has been, and will be, a blessing, and a help to those who read it.

• Administrators

You are welcome Alan. Please feel free to pass the link on to anyone who it may benefit. She wrote what she did in the hope that others could benefit from her experience. She also kept an online journal of her experiences so that others might understand that any perceived strength or courage on her part was totally because of her Lord.

You can get to her journal and cancer helps by clicking on the links at the bottom of the page I posted.

Edited by Jim_Alaska

• Members

Jim...Ian was banned before he could get the link but I sent it on to him and he said to thank you for him.

Thank you.

By the way everyone, Ian came back on here in an honest attempt to fellowship. He was not trying to be deceptive like OFP and Alan and others have implied. He came under his real name, not hiding anything. To be honest, I thought it would be ok. I mean, what could OFP do other than ban Ian again. The obvious 'ban' power was wielded by OFP last time, if it was wrong of Ian to do, OFP would slice and dice again.

I hope those who appreciate Ians input know that he meant no ill intentions toward OB.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members
1 minute ago, Alimantado said:

That's unfortunate, then, because the action was deceptive (circumventing a ban by creating a new account) even though the motive wasn't. I would have asked the forum admin what I could do to have the ban overturned, and then I would have respected the outcome of that discussion.

Asking first would have been best. At least he came back openly, using his own name, and made no attempt to deceive anyone unlike so many others over the years.

• Administrators

Let's set the record straight here. I was the one who banned Ian this time (can't remember who did it the first time, but it doesn't matter because we were in agreement). And the reason I re-banned him was because he did, indeed, circumvent the first banning by creating a new account. Even in his own name, it was unethical because he did NOT receive permission. There was a reason for the banning and that reason holds. Permanently.

I personally like Ian, and enjoyed the posting he did that did not push an agenda. Sadly, that agenda became the crux of his postings and action had to be taken. Sadly, even fellowship has to be disallowed because of it.

To be honest? Honest intent? Sorry, but re-joining a forum - even under one's real name -  from which one has been banned without even seeking permission is not an honest move. And to assume that any moderator bans simply to wield the power of the ban is simply petty.