• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Scientific Facts in the Bible.

• Members

Thanks Alan

Not to do with scientific facts but archeology. Day One Publications have a book, Through the British Museum with the Bible.  When the British Museum heard of this book they ordered  900 they also ordered 250 of a larger book on evidence for the bible. https://www.dayone.co.uk/products/evidence-for-the-bible they have since ordered more.  Day one do tours of the museum detailng the objects which confirm the bible.  They just ask for travel expenses for their guides and any extra gifts are voluntary https://www.dayone.co.uk/https://www.dayone.co.uk/products/is-it-trueproducts/is-it-true .  They are not KJV.  If you ever visit London it could be profitable to visit with this book and/or their guides. https://www.dayone.co.uk/products/through-the-british-museum-with-the-bible Either way the book would be profitable.  They also do a pocket booklet on the same subject called Is It TruEvidence for the Bible.  This costs £1 and is meant to be given away, 

Edited by Invicta

• Members

Invicta,

Thank you for the information concerning the archaeological information concerning the scriptures presented by Mr. Clive Anderson, Mr. Brian Edwards, and the British Museum.

I did read the information in the links. I would encourage those brethren who are interested in the accuracy of the Bible proven through the Science of Archeology to get a copy of each book. In the link on the book "Is it True? Evidence for the Bible," https://www.dayone.co.uk/products/is-it-true  by Brian Edwards and Clive Anderson, I read this important quote,"Too often people dismiss the Bible as unreliable without realising that archaeologists have uncovered so many things that confirm its accuracy. What follows in this booklet are just a few examples of the evidence demonstrating that the Bible is a book of accurate and reliable history."

The reason for this study in "Scientific Facts in the Bible," is the same as the material written by Edwards and Anderson. It is for us to realize that the Bible is accurate, and reliable, and scientific, in its statements concerning science, history, archeology, anatomy, the physical creation and its scientific ordinances. Furthermore, as science advances with more reliable instruments, and more archaeological advances are made, these discoveries will confirm that the Bible is a reliable trove of scientific knowledge.   

Brethren,

I do appreciate all of you bringing to our attention facts concerning Science, in any scientific discipline, to the forefront.

Alan

• Members
On 9/29/2016 at 7:46 AM, Alan said:

John Young,

Thank you very much for bringing out the fact that God created this universe out of nothing. In the process of the creation the laws of gravity, and other scientific laws, were included in the creation of the heavenly bodies. Stephen Hawking is scientificly inaccurate. Gravity in itself did not create the universe.

Aan

The World portrays Stephen Hawking as some kind superhuman mega-genius, when I fear the poor guy is just being used as a pawn for the atheist "scientific" agenda.

• Members

Heartstrings,

Thank you for your observation.

Brethren,

In his quest for fame, and their hatred of God and His word, Stephen Hawking, and many other scientists, like Esau, sell out the the truths of God concerning creation, for a mess of worldly pottage.

The agenda of the atheists is the complete repudiation of any truth of God as revealed in the scriptures; primarily the act of the creation of the universe and mankind.  The atheists, like many of the other social and political activists of this world, use any means, and any persons, as pawns to promote their humanist agendas. "They encourage themselves in an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?" Psalm 64:5 Evolutionists, atheistic scientists, and the activists in our age, encourage one another in the evil beliefs of evolution.

Stephen Hawking, Paul Nye, and the other atheistic scientists of this world (here is a partial list:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists_in_science_and_technology ), are like the Philosophers in ancient times.  In their quest for fame, they will not take the scriptures as scientifically accurate.  The Philosophers of old had the Old Testament scriptures and the preaching of Paul the Apostle. The facts that have been presented thus far are well known in the scientific community. Nothing that I have written is hidden from the  atheistic scientists.  The scientists, like the Philosophers of ancient times, do not have a head, or knowledge problem; they have a heart problem. "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." Psalm 14:1 The scientific works of the atheistic scientists are 'corrupt,' 'abominable,' and 'no good.' The lies of atheistic scientists (including biologists like Darwin), concerning evolution are  corrupt, abominable, and of no good.

My intention in this study of 'Scientific Facts in the Bible' is to show the reliability and accuracy of the scriptures concerning science, to encourage the saints, teach the saints, and contend for the faith once delivered to the saints.

Alan

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 1:11 PM, Alan said:

The water distillation cycle is an orderly, natural and complex cycle that is for the sustenance of the physical life of mankind. The Distillation Process is also an accurate scientific and verifiable fact.

The simple water distillation cycle of the earth is as follows: (1) Atmosphere – Clouds; (2) Precipitation; Rain, snow or ice; (3) Runoff - snowmelt; (4) Infiltration – Groundwater or Subsurface flow, Lakes, Rivers, and Ocean; (5) Evaporation / Condensation – Heat of the Sun. The Sun drives the Water Distillation Cycle and Distils or Purifies, the water, during evaporation.

Without the water distillation process life on earth could not be supported and the earth would soon become a wasteland. Exactly like the other planets, moons, and asteroids in the universe.

I was reading Ecclesiastes chapter 1 for my devotion this morning and thought of how King Solomon brought out this scientific fact concerning the water distillation process.

"All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again." Ecclesiastes 1:7 King Solomon, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, was scientifically correct. God ordained that the waters going into the sea are distilled and thence return to the place they originated for the benefit of mankind.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 2/24/2017 at 4:19 AM, Bob Hutton said:

In Victorian England Herbert Spencer won an award for discovering the 5 categories of science.

Time

Force

Action

Space

Matter.

There was only 1 problem - Genesis 1 v 1 got there first.

In the beginning - Time

God - Force (of course, God is more than a force, but you get my meaning)

Created - action

Heaven- Space

Earth - Matter.

Sorry, Herbert, old son, you're about 6,000 years too late !! 

I was thinking about what Bob Hutton said about Herbert Spencer and the, "Five Categories of Science."

In Category # 2, we have, "Force.". In order to create anything, or to make anything from something; an outside source of power is required. In Jeremiah 10: 1-16 the prophet Jeremiah is comparing the gods (idols) of this world and God in heaven.

Jeremiah 10:11 and 12 state, "Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens. He [God in heaven] made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion." The power, or force, of God is tremendous; beyond human comprehension. And, there is no force, or power, on the earth, or in the universe, to create the heavens. The force necessary to create the heavens is not of the universe.

• Administrators

The second law of thermodynamics, which science understands, is the death blow to the idea (or theory) of evolution and the "big bang", which states that everything was created by  some sort of cosmic explosion, which brought order out of disorder.

In layman's terms the second law of thermodynamics says that everything tends toward disorder from a state of order. In other words things decay or decrease. This can be seen and understood by simple observation. Left to itself a fire never gets hotter, it always tends to get cooler and smaller until it burns out completely.

Your car doesn't become newer than when it was built it decays over time. You don't get younger and more perfect with time, you get older and your body degenerates. Unless any matter is acted upon by an outside force it will degenerate naturally. Scientists know this, but still cling to the foolish idea of evolution, which states that things go from a state of chaos to a state of order naturally.

So Alan is entirely correct in his observation that "the force necessary to create the heavens is not of the universe." This genders the question of exactly where the power to create the heavens and all matter originates. In our Bible we find the very simple answer in Genesis chapter one and verse one. "In the beginning God."

And so it is that all creation can arrive at the conclusion, if they would, that everything that we can see was created supernaturally by a power outside of this universe, outside of time and not subject to any natural law.  The second law of thermodynamics then should be enough to convince anyone of the truth that David penned so long ago; " Psm 19:1  <To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.> The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.  2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.  3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

• Members
7 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

And so it is that all creation can arrive at the conclusion, if they would, that everything that we can see was created supernaturally by a power outside of this universe, outside of time and not subject to any natural law.  The second law of thermodynamics then should be enough to convince anyone of the truth that David penned so long ago; " Psm 19:1  <To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.> The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.  2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.  3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

As Jim Alaska pointed out, the Second law of Thermodynamics, proves the accuracy of Jeremiah's statement that the power to create the universe was outside, or independent, of the universe.  Accurate science proves the validity of the scientific statements found in the scriptures and disproves the theory of evolution. The heavens, and all creation, "... declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handiwork." Psalm 19:1

• 1 year later...
  • Members
On 9/22/2015 at 1:01 PM, Alan said:

Ukelemike is entirely correct. The science of archaeology has indeed proven that the scriptures are accurate, reliable and trustworthy. Throughout the modern age of archaeology numerous archaeologists have uncovered biblical cities mentioned in the scriptures, confirmed events, battles and nations listed in the scriptures. And, as time goes on and the the archaeologists have more scientific resources and data available, we will probably see other events, battles, kings, and personages mentioned in the scriptures verified by proven scientific archaeological study.

Good, honest, scientific methods will always confirm the accuracy of the scriptures. Unreliable scientific methods, dis-honest scientists, skeptics, scorners, agnostics, deviously use non-scientific methods to try and dis-credit, or cause people to doubt,  the validity of the scriptures. 

"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called." 1 Timothy 6:20

Brethren,

I have maintained throughout this study that, "Good, honest, scientific, methods, and instruments, will always confirm the accuracy of the scriptures."

Once again, NASA has confirmed the scientific accuracy of the scriptures. "And the earth was without form and void." Genesis 1:2a The only difference between Earth and the other bodies in the Solar System is that God created "life" on Earth after Genesis 1:2, that there was no life on the Earth until after Genesis 1:2. Therefore, the "Gap Theory" is not true and that once scientific instruments reach other planetary bodies they will discover them, "without form and void." In earlier lessons I went into detail concerning the meaning of "without form or void."

NASA just sent back photos from their latest probe on Mars, "InSight," and it is as desolate as all of the other planetary bodies. In fact, some of the newspapers use the term "desolate" for their description of the landscape of Mars.

Alan

• 1 year later...
  • Members

On May 26, 2017 I posted:

On 5/26/2017 at 6:38 PM, Alan said:

Brethren,

In the preparation of the next lesson, I have decided to slowly correct the grammatical, spelling, and any scientific, historical, dating, errors in the past lessons in order to eventually present all of these lessons (free of charge), to the brethren here on OnLine Baptist in PDF format. So, if there are any errors that you discover in my usage of scripture, scientific analysis, error in reasoning or logic, in any past lesson, feel free to bring it to my attention and we will discuss your findings.

Alan

Although a lot of time has passed, I am trying to get re-organized to finish putting the subjects discussed in, 'Scientific Facts in the Bible,' in PDF format. 

Alan

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 9/19/2015 at 12:11 AM, Alan said:

The Water Distillation Cycle of the Earth

The water distillation cycle of the earth is very important to the life of mankind. Due to the fact that the water cycle process purifies the water it has also been called, “The Distillation Process.”

Job 36:27 & 28, “For he [God] maketh small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to the vapour thereof: Which the clouds do drop and distil upon man abundantly.”

The water distillation cycle is an orderly, natural and complex cycle that is for the sustenance of the physical life of mankind. The Distillation Process is also an accurate scientific and verifiable fact.

The simple water distillation cycle of the earth is as follows: (1) Atmosphere – Clouds; (2) Precipitation; Rain, snow or ice; (3) Runoff - snowmelt; (4) Infiltration – Groundwater or Subsurface flow, Lakes, Rivers, and Ocean; (5) Evaporation / Condensation – Heat of the Sun. The Sun drives the Water Distillation Cycle and Distils or Purifies, the water, during evaporation.

Without the water distillation process life on earth could not be supported and the earth would soon become a wasteland. Exactly like the other planets, moons, and asteroids in the universe.

The Distillation & Evaporation Process

Psalms 135:6 & 7, “Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places. He causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings for the rain; he bringeth the wind out of his treasuries.”

Psalm 135:7, “He causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth” the evaporation process distils the water. God caused or designed the water distillation cycle of the earth. Like all of the works of God, the Distillation Process is an orderly arrangement of the physical sciences for the benefit of mankind.

Brethren,

In my current project to put his study in PDF form, and since the the time I made this lesson, I read the book, "The Twilight of Evolution," by Dr. Henry Morris. I am going to add this quote, found on page 71, concerning the water, or hydrologic, cycle of the earth, by Dr. Morris to this lesson, " Waters are evaporated from the oceans (Psalm 33:7), carried inland by the winds (Ecclesiastes 1:6) caused to encounter particles of dust and sea salt to serve as nuclei of condensation (Proverbs 8:26), condense into liquid water droplets in the form of clouds, (Job 26:8), which in turn under the proper conditions coalesce and fall as rain (Job 36:27-28), providing water for maintenance of life on the earth (Isaiah 55:10), and finally return by the rivers to the oceans from which they come (Ecclesiastes 1:7)." 

The scientific accuracy of the scriptures is amazing!

God Bless!

Alan

Edited by Alan
re-formatted page 71 information

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 9/20/2015 at 5:40 PM, Alan said:

Brethren,

The other reason for this thread is to edify and strengthen the brethren in the belief of the written word of God. Also, in our age, through the errors of the teachings of Darwinism, skepticism, scoffers, and worldly philosophy, this thread is written to help restore the Christians belief in the reliability, accuracy, and the infallibility of the scriptures in all disciplines.

As God created this world in His wisdom and understanding, all things that He did are according to scientific, biological, mathematical, and historical order. As we develop this thread if any of the brethren want to discuss either what has already been brought out, or, a scripture verse dealing with the natural world that would help our understanding in the scientific accuracy of the Bible please bring it to our attention.

Alan

Brethren,

I  will be adding the following quote by Dr. Henry Morris in my PDF of this study. If there are any discussions with the quote by Dr. Morris please bring out your thoughts.

Alan

The renowned scientist Dr. Henry Morris correctly observed, “Whenever a biblical passage deals either with a broad scientific principle or with some particular item of scientific data, it will inevitably be found on careful study to be fully accurate in its scientific insights. Often it will be found even to have anticipated scientific discoveries. The Bible is indeed a book of science, as well as a book of history, literature, psychology, economics, law, education, and every other field. It does not use the technical jargon of particular disciplines, of course, but speaks in the universal language of human experience. As the Word of God, it is altogether “profitable … that the man of God may be perfect.” (2 Tim.3:16-17).”1

1Morris, Henry, Dr. The Biblical Basis for Modern Science: The Revised and Updated Classic (Green forest, AR:New Leaf Publishing Company, 2014), 12.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I will be adding the following revision, with the Wikipedia quote, Johannes Kepler to the PDF copy. If there are any questions, or discussions, concerning my revision, and / or quote, please do so.

Alan

"Astronomer and mathematician, Johannes Kepler 1571-1630, verified that the sun and the planets are governed by scientific laws, or ordinances. Through his astronomical observations of Mars with Tycho Brahe, other scientific research, mathematical equations, Johannes Kepler was able to improve the Heliocentric theory of Nicolaus Copernicus and prove that the earth revolved around the sun in an elliptical orbit and other laws governing the solar system. The equations used by Kepler, with diagrams to explain his findings in a graphic format, are found in the Wikipedia article, “Kepler’s laws of planetary motion.”1

Johannes Kepler was a devout Christian and was a faithful member of the Lutheran Church. Kepler believed that God created the universe as the Bible clearly states."

1Wikipedia, Kepler’s laws of planetary motion, Copied on April 11, 2020, <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler%27s_laws_of_planetary_motion>.

Edited by Alan
capitalized Mars

• Members
On 3/25/2016 at 8:27 PM, Alan said:

Archaeological science has proven the historical account of the invasion of Sennacherib as written in the scriptures. Whenever the scriptures write about any Scientific discipline than we can rest assured that it is reliable, accurate, true, and all true science will validate the scriptures.

I will be adding the following quote by Unger to the, "Archaeological Scientific Accuracy of the Scriptures." if there are any comments, or areas of discussion, ask away.

Dr. Merrill Unger makes this statement concerning the importance of archaeology to the student of scripture and science, “The fascination of biblical archaeology for the student interested in expanding the scientific aspects of the study of the Bible is immense. No realm of research has offered more thrilling rewards or afforded greater promise of continued progress.”1

1Unger, Merrill F., Archaeology and the New Testament, (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Pub. House), 1962. p.13.