• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Scientific Facts in the Bible.

• Members

Ronda,

Very glad to know you enjoyed the lessons on the Blood and the DNA. With your medical condition if you have any thoughts, comments, or experiences, that you would like to relate to us we would be happy to hear them.

God bless.

Alan

• Members

Thank you, brother Alan. My medical conditions are both of the neurological nature. One being the disruption of neurotransmitters to the various body parts (primary progressive MS), and the other being degenerative of the thoracic spinal column by amassed cerebral-spinal fluid collected in a pocket (called a syrinx) within the spinal cord. Neither of which have direct ties to blood (as they as both are disruptions/problems concerning neurological transmission and  not disruption of blood flow). I would be happy to contribute to this devotion, but due to time constraints (and other discussions which have taken up more time than I would have liked) I will abstain at this time.

I would also like to say that you have covered the subject well, and even if I would participate, there is little else I could add to the study.

Thank you! God bless as you desire t please and serve Him! 

Maranatha!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Brethren,

I am pondering which Scientic Accurate statement made in the scriptures to make for the next lesson.

If there are any thoughts, or any specific statements, or subjects, in the scriptures that any one would like to discuss please let me know.

Regards,

Alan

• Administrators

Bro. Alan and all. I think that one of the most self explanatory scriptures concerning creation that, when studied, points to the creative acts of God in comparison to the evolutionary theories of man is this:

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

• Moderators
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:12 PM, Alan said:

Bloodletting and Leeching

Bloodletting and Leeching both involve the taking of blood out of the human body purportedly for the treatment of a disease.

Bloodletting is performed, in almost all cases, by a medical physician by means of cutting of the flesh using one of several methods using thumb lancets and fleams:

1. Venesection.

2. Arteriotomy

3. Scarification: accomplished with scrapping the skin with a cube shaped brass box with small knives, followed by ‘cupping’ the wound. Cupping a wound involved placing a dome-shaped glass object over the skin and extracting the air.

Leeches, performed by the medical leech, Hirudo medicinalis, were used in some forms of bloodletting.

Up to the 1830’s bloodletting (by knives and leeching), was performed in a vast amount of cases for a vast number of medical reasons.

Famous Individuals who received Bloodletting & Died

Charles II (1630-1685)

President George Washington (1732-1799)

Bloodletting was finally debunked by the efforts of Dr. Hughes Bennett (1812-1875), and Dr. Pierre Louis (1787-1872).

Exceptions for Bloodletting

Under medical care from a physician, some of the few reasons why bloodletting may be helpful is for hemochromatosis and polycythemia: ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodletting

For a more thorough study of bloodletting, see the following article on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodletting

I have hemochromatosis, basically the production of too much blood and iron. Currently, as long as I have my blood taken every three months I am fine, but I know people who have to have a pint removed on a weekly basis. I found out I had it when I began having pretty sever chest pains, and of course at my age I was worried I was having small heart attacks. It only affected me when I was walking, like a normal pace, and stopped when I walked slower. When my wife and I spoke to a friend in the medical field, she asked if I regularly gave blood, and I said I did, but I had missed two cycles due to work. She said go immediately and give a pint, so I did, and I swear to you all, when I walked out of the blood mobile I felt ten years younger and 50 pounds lighter! So while I haven't had an actual medical diagnosis, by experience I know this is what it is, so I get the blood drawn every cycle and am fine. SO I guess I have bloodletting performed on me, in a sense. No leeches, please.

• Members
On 7/12/2016 at 5:22 PM, Ukulelemike said:

Up to the 1830’s bloodletting (by knives and leeching), was performed in a vast amount of cases for a vast number of medical reasons.

A local Baptist church leader here had leeches applied in the  early 1850s

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Brethren,

To conclude the study on, "The Blood - Life," based on Leviticus 17:11, I thought a short devotion on, "The Blood of Christ for the Eternal Life for the Soul," would be appropriate.

“The Blood of Christ for the Eternal Life of the Soul”

1 John 4:10 “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.”

The word propitiation means, ‘an atoning sacrifice.” An atoning sacrifice is a sacrifice that atones for sins. To atone for ones' sins is to reconcile a person to God

John 1: 29 says, “The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”

The sacrifices of the Old Testament animals (or any animal), cannot take away sins; they were temporary until the Lord Jesus shed His blood to pay the penalty for our sins. The Lord Jesus became the Lamb of God that takes away our sins.

Hebrews 10:4, “For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.”

"Our Salvation was Purchased" 

Acts 20:28, “Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.”

The blood of the Lord Jesus was the blood of God. When God became a man, He was able to become the perfect sacrifice for the sins of mankind. God used His own perfect, incorruptible, sinless, blood to atone for the sins of mankind on the Cross of Calvary. The Lord Jesus purchased our salvation with His own blood.

“Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and spot.” 1 Peter 1:18 and 19

The precious blood of Christ, as a sinless lamb, purchased our salvation, reconciles us to God, so we can live forever in heaven.

Our physical blood gives our flesh live on earth. The blood of the Lord Jesus gives our soul eternal life in heaven and many other blessings that accompany salvation.

If there is a person reading this study that has never called upon the name of the Lord Jesus to save his soul, I encourage you to be saved today. "For whoseover shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13

Alan

• Members

1 John 5:7-9 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. 9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Acts 17:24-28 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;25 neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; 26 and hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 27 that they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:28 for in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

I think the relationship of the soul with blood is an interesting one that links us all to God. Considering that Blood of Christ is the payment for all souls. I can see the relationship throughout the scriptures so I know they are closely linked. However, it is beyond my comprehension as to how it works scientifically! Maybe I need to take advanced biology or....? It goes to show that their are still scientific truths in the scriptures that we have yet to discover.

• Members
16 hours ago, John Young said:

However, it is beyond my comprehension as to how it works scientifically! Maybe I need to take advanced biology or....? It goes to show that their are still scientific truths in the scriptures that we have yet to discover.

Yea and amen.   :goodpost:

The creation of God, the wonders of heaven, the greatness of salvation, and the love of God is without comprehension. The scientific truths of the natural world are amazing. The facts we do know show that God is an amazing designer of all things.

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out." Romans 11:33

In eternity, we will be praising the Lord for all of His wonderful works.

I want to thank all of you for your encouragement in, "liking" this study and devotion.

Alan

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Here is a scientific fact from the bible about the origin of gravity and the universe. 

Scientist say: "Universe because gravity."

"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing." ~ Stephen Hawking

Bible says: "Gravity because God".

Job 28:24-27 For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven; 25 to make the weight for the winds; and he weigheth the waters by measure. 26 When he made a decree for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder: 27 then did he see it, and declare it; he prepared it, yea, and searched it out.

Hebrews 11:3 ....we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

• Members

John Young,

Thank you very much for bringing out the fact that God created this universe out of nothing. In the process of the creation the laws of gravity, and other scientific laws, were included in the creation of the heavenly bodies. Stephen Hawking is scientifically inaccurate. Gravity in itself did not create the universe.

Alan

Edited by Alan
spelling

• 3 months later...
  • Members
On 2015/11/9 at 10:45 AM, Alan said:

“The Lack of Sustaining Human Life on other Planets”

Psalm 115:16

“The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD’S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.” Psalm 115:16 God has given the earth for  mankind to dwell in and not the heavens, or, in our modern vernacular, “Outer Space.”

In Genesis 1:2 we read that the earth, as originally created, was created completely barren and unsuitable for the sustaining of human life on it.“And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the

waters. Genesis 1:2

Note

The scriptures are very clear. The scriptures did not say, “...and the earth became without form, and void,” It says very clearly that the earth in Genesis 1:2 was, “...without form and void.” The belief that there was a “Gap” between Genesis 1:1 and 2 and during the, “Gap,” the earth became without form and void is without merit of any kind and a private interpretation.

Jeremiah 4:23, “I behold the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, they had no light.” Jeremiah 4:23 is not a historical reference to a supposed ‘gap’ between Genesis 1:1 and 2. A close to look at the context, Jeremiah 4:19-31, reveals it is a prophecy concerning the desolation of the land of Israel and Jerusalem. “For thus hath the LORD said, the whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end ... The whole city shall flee for the noise of horsemen and bowmen they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.” Jeremiah 4:27 and 29

“Form and Void meanings

Among the many definitions of the word ‘form,’ Webster’s 1828 Dictionary gives us this meaning:

“FORM, n. The root of this word is not certainly known. The primary sense is probably to set, to fix, to fit.”

1. Determinate shape. The earth was without form, and void. Gen. i.

2. A mold; something to give shape, or on which things are fashioned. Encyc."

Therefore, the earth, as depicted in Genesis 1:2, was not settled, or fixed, or fit for mankind, and, the earth was without a determinate shape. The Earth in Genesis 1:2 had the makings of a habitable planet for human life but it had to be fashioned in order for human life to live.

The Earth was in the ‘mold’ stage to sustain human life. As a potter takes a lump of clay that has no human utility and molds the clay into a vessel that a man can use, so did God mold the Earth into a habitable planet for mankind. A comparison of Jeremiah 18:1-10 and Genesis 1:3-23 is recommended to the reader.

Among the many definitions of the word ‘void,’ Webster’s 1828 dictionary gives us this meaning:

“VOID, a

1. Empty; vacant, not occupied with any visible matter; as a void space or place. 1 Kings xxii.

2. Empty; without inhabitants or furniture. Gen i."

Therefore, the word ‘void’ in Genesis 1:2 simply means there was nothing occupying the Earth and it was vacant, i.e., no inhabitants or items ‘furniture’ suitable for the sustenance of the inhabitants.

In Genesis 1:3-23 we see the creative acts of God in supplying the Earth suitable for the habitation of human life. The Earth was made for Man and his descendants.

“A picture is worth a thousand words.”

Photos of the Meanings of the Words, “without form, and void.”

9k=

‘Buzz’ Aldrin, Apollo 11, July 1969, proves that the moon is ‘without form and void,’ and cannot support human life.

Z

NASA’s Pathfinder proves that Mars is “without form and void.”

Z

NASA’s New Horizons spacecraft verifies that

Pluto is, “without form and void.”

The Purpose of the Sun, Stars, and Planetary Bodies

Genesis 1:14-19, “And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.”

The, ‘greater light’ is the Sun and the, ‘lesser’ light is the moon.

God made the Sun, the Moon, the Stars, and all of the planetary bodies for the following reasons:

1. To divide the day from the night.

2. Signs

3. Seasons

4. Days

5. Years

6. Lights to shine on the Earth: “to give light upon the earth.”

There are no other reasons why God made the other Stars, Moons, Planets, Asteroids, and Comets of the Universe.

Conclusion

God did not make the planetary bodies of the universe for the habitation of mankind. All of the planetary bodies of the universe are barren and desolate of life nor can they sustain human life. The planetary bodies of the universe are in the same condition that the Earth was in Genesis 1:2 before God made the Earth suitable for the support of human life. “The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD’S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.” Psalm 115:16

True scientific study and analysis always verifies that the scriptures are scientifically accurate.

Note

The, ‘comets,’ or, ‘aliens of other races,’ or other suppositions of the science fiction crowd, did not give life upon Earth nor ‘seed,’ the earth with any form of life, water, or any type of germination. All of the life and physical characteristics upon the Earth are from the direct acts of God by verbal command or from the dirt of the Earth. Evolution, whether secular or “Theistic Evolution,” is unscientific, false, full of unproven hypothesis, blatantly unscriptural, and is to be rejected.

Brethren,

NASA recently released a video on Pluto that confirms previous data on Pluto; namely that Pluto is void of life.

Furthermore,  be sure to wear your spacesuit, 'weighted' equipment (due to the extremely low atmospheric pressure), food, air, water, and all of the other needed items for life (internet, potato chips, chocolate bars, and your favorite pet). Lastly, make out your Last Will and Testament as you will not last long.  

New Horizon's Video of Pluto

Courtesy of NASA

NASA once again confirms the scientific accuracy of the scriptures. There is no planet, outside of Earth, that can sustain human life.

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammer (2)

• Members
4 hours ago, Alan said:

Furthermore,  be sure to wear your spacesuit, 'weighted' equipment (due to the extremely low atmospheric pressure), food, air, water, and all of the other needed items for life (internet, potato chips, chocolate bars, and your favorite pet). Lastly, make out your Last Will and Testament as you will not last long.  

Alvin not ready for Pluto.jpg

Unfortunately due to a misplaced decimal, my application was denied! My bunny doesn't really weigh 56 pounds! :'(

thankful bunny.jpg

• Members

Don't recall if this was posted before or not, but Genesis 1:1 establishes 3 laws needed for anything to exist, Time, Space and Matter; in that order too!

Genesis 1:1 - "In the beginning (time) God created the heaven (space) and the earth (matter)."

Poor atheists.