• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Scientific Facts in the Bible.

• Members

John 81said, "One of the things that struck me with so much awe and wonder after I was saved was my new appreciation for "nature". Suddenly I could see God's hand in all of creation and I remember the feelings within me to this day and how I praised God and thanked God so much and so often for the beauty and wonder of His creation."

Yea and amen. God's work in creation is clearly seen and the wonders of creation, nature, the universe, is a wonder to behold.

Thank you very much for your comment.

Alan

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

The Water Distillation Cycle of the Earth

The water distillation cycle of the earth is very important to the life of mankind. Due to the fact that the water cycle process purifies the water it has also been called, “The Distillation Process.”

Job 36:27 & 28, “For he [God] maketh small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to the vapour thereof: Which the clouds do drop and distil upon man abundantly.”

The water distillation cycle is an orderly, natural and complex cycle that is for the sustenance of the physical life of mankind. The Distillation Process is also an accurate scientific and verifiable fact.

The simple water distillation cycle of the earth is as follows: (1) Atmosphere – Clouds; (2) Precipitation; Rain, snow or ice; (3) Runoff - snowmelt; (4) Infiltration – Groundwater or Subsurface flow, Lakes, Rivers, and Ocean; (5) Evaporation / Condensation – Heat of the Sun. The Sun drives the Water Distillation Cycle and Distils or Purifies, the water, during evaporation.

Without the water distillation process life on earth could not be supported and the earth would soon become a wasteland. Exactly like the other planets, moons, and asteroids in the universe.

The Distillation & Evaporation Process

Psalms 135:6 & 7, “Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places. He causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings for the rain; he bringeth the wind out of his treasuries.”

Psalm 135:7, “He causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth” the evaporation process distils the water. God caused or designed the water distillation cycle of the earth. Like all of the works of God, the Distillation Process is an orderly arrangement of the physical sciences for the benefit of mankind.

Martyrdom for Bernard Palissy

Bernard Palissy, 1510-1590, is credited with being the initial discoverer of the water cycle. Palissy believed that the physical facts mentioned in the scriptures were scientifically accurate and verifiable. Palissy was correct.

Palissy was a Christian and martyred for his faith by the Roman Catholic Church.

Alan

• Members

It is a bright and beautiful Sunday morning here, and as I gaze out of the window...I catch glimpes of my Father's world.  That was a beautiful rendition of that song, Alan.  Thank you for posting it.  It is such a blessing to live in a tiny little town surrounded by the beauty of creation.  We are in a small valley surrounded by mountains and lava flows.  Many places on the mountain sides one can see where the great flood of Noah's day filled the valley and then receded.  We have rivers and springs and lakes; we have high desert and forested areas.  Not far away are two volcanic mountains, and many waterfalls.  In the wee hours of summer mornings we can hear the yipping coyotes, and the soft lowing of cattle. As the sun rays peek over the mountaintops, the many birds begin chattering, and roosters begin crowing.  Covies of quail often bob their way across the yard, and up higher wild turkeys can be heard gobbling.  Honking geese fly in V-formation overhead, while bears and mountain lions lurk and roam on the outer fringes of the valley.  

The beauties and wonder of our Father's world stretch, and I am so very grateful that the Lord gave me this place to be my earthly home.  Though I am blessed to live in such a beautiful area, I can yet see and witness the destructiveness and grievous consequences of mankind's sin.  It makes me feel very sad, but what causes me even more sadness is knowing the lost and perishing condition of the vast majority of human beings that God created.  Oh how we must be busy about our Father's business of sharing the Good News of salvation!  Are we truly being obedient to the first and second commands of the New Testament (Mark 12:30, 31)?  Do we truly care about the perishing?  We all must ask and remind ourselves often, "For to me to live is...??"

• Members

WellWithMySoul,

Thank you very much for the above post. It was a blessing to my heart and I am sure that it was a blessing to all of the other brethren. You have a way with words that that are a blessing to our hearts.One of the reasons for this thread is to let all know that God created all of the beauty of the natural world for the benefit of man. Only because of the effects of man sin is the world polluted and deadly at times; through natural disasters, floods, accidents, and other forms of the effects of disobedience to God.

Brethren,

The other reason for this thread is to edify and strengthen the brethren in the belief of the written word of God. Also, in our age, through the errors of the teachings of Darwinism, skepticism, scoffers, and worldly philosophy, this thread is written to help restore the Christians belief in the reliability, accuracy, and the infallibility of the scriptures in all disciplines.

As God created this world in His wisdom and understanding, all things that He did are according to scientific, biological, mathematical, and historical order. As we develop this thread if any of the brethren want to discuss either what has already been brought out, or, a scripture verse dealing with the natural world that would help our understanding in the scientific accuracy of the Bible please bring it to our attention.

Alan

Edited by Alan
spelling (2)

• Moderators

Well, the science of archaeology has certainly proved out the veracity of the Bible more times than we can count.

Senaccherib's Prism verified the reign of Hezekiah and Senaccherib's attack on Jerusalem

Biblical places and peoples thought to have been myths have been found, like Ur, Assyria, Gath, Siloam, Bethesda, Golgotha.

And many others.

• Members

Ukelemike is entirely correct. The science of archaeology has indeed proven that the scriptures are accurate, reliable and trustworthy. Throughout the modern age of archaeology numerous archaeologists have uncovered biblical cities mentioned in the scriptures, confirmed events, battles and nations listed in the scriptures. And, as time goes on and the the archaeologists have more scientific resources and data available, we will probably see other events, battles, kings, and personages mentioned in the scriptures verified by proven scientific archaeological study.

Good, honest, scientific methods will always confirm the accuracy of the scriptures. Unreliable scientific methods, dis-honest scientists, skeptics, scorners, agnostics, deviously use non-scientific methods to try and dis-credit, or cause people to doubt,  the validity of the scriptures. 

"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called." 1 Timothy 6:20

Edited by Alan
spelling

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The Earth is Round 

The Book of Isaiah was written in 760 B.C. Isaiah 40:12-31 is a great discourse on the greatness and wonders of God This chapter shows the majesty of God in creation. Also, how insignificant we are compared to His greatness In Isaiah 40:22 God reveals to Isaiah that the earth is circular: or round. Isaiah 40:22, “It is heGodthat sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as the grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in.”

Throughout the ages, men have taught that the earth was flat. But, if a person believed the Bible, he knew that the earth was round.

The mathematical calculations of Nicholaus Copernicus, 1473-1543, and the expedition of Christopher Columbus in 1492, proved that the earth was round Matteo Ricci, 1552-1610, helped the Chinese understand that the earth was round. True science validates the scriptures.

• Members

Job 38:35

“Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are?”

In Job chapter 38-40:2 God asks Job numerous questions concerning the creation of the universe, the angels, the ocean, the earth, light, the stars, and the animal kingdom.

God gave this discourse to Job, and to us, to realize that our understanding and knowledge is limited and the knowledge, wisdom and the power of God is infinite. God said that lightning could speak.

Job could not send lighting from the skies and then make the lightning speak.

As man progressed in knowledge, some of the questions that God asked could be answered. God specifically told the prophet Daniel that in the last days knowledge would be increased. Daniel 12:4, “But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.”  

Benjamin Franklin discovered in June 1752 that lightning is electricity. This was a major development in the history of mankind. This discovery allowed other men of science to use electricity for the benefit of mankind.

Samuel Morse, 1791-1872, was the inventor of the workable practical telegraph. The first words of the first telegraph line from Baltimore, Maryland, USA to the US capital in Washington D. C. were, “What Hath God Wrought!” The word, ‘wrought,’ means, “to work, or to put together, a carefully thought out plan.” This is a quotation from Numbers 23:23 b, “What hath God wrought!” Samuel Morse was a strong Christian who gave God the glory for his inventions.

In 1876 Alexander Graham Bell invented the first telephone. The Chinese word for telephone, electric speech,「電話」 is correct and accurate. When we use the telephone, or any other modern day invention for speech, we are using electricity: i.e., lightning.

The statement of God, “Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are?” is scientifically accurate.

Brethren,

I purposely entitled this thread, "Scientific Facts in the Bible," so that anybody who had a scientific fact, supported by a scripture reference, could put forth his own topic for discussion. And, any discussion on any of the topics already listed is still open to discussion.

Alan

• Members

I agree! And what's more, is that God tells us that mankind is without excuse because His creation speaks of His existence and Godhead.  Those who attempt to pervert factual science with supposition and conjecture (such as "the big bang theory", "evolving from amoeba in pond scum" and even "global warming" nonsense) are not only in grave error, but God's word says that His creation and Godhead are clearly seen by mankind. 

Romans 1 
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

So what does God do to those who willfully pervert the truth of God's creation and Godhead? He gives them over to a reprobate mind and furthermore to vile affections. I believe it is no coincidence that homosexuality has become so widespread... after public schools started teaching "evolution" (an unscientific falsehood). I see the link to this in the chapter of Romans 1