• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members
  • Members

Mat. 25 immediately follows Mat. 24, when, after the warnings of the AD 70 destruction, Jesus gives general warnings regarding his second coming. We must live in readiness for that coming. 

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

People will be going about their business, their daily life, some regardless of the coming Jesus is warning about, & some living in the light of that coming. 

Chapter 25 reminds believers & unbelievers that whether we live in the expectation of his coming, or ignore it, that he will certainly come, for blessing or judgement. 

The 10 virgins are bridesmaids waiting for the groom, not brides. 

Watch & pray.

• Members

I once read a book called The Last Warning Cry subtitled Behold the Bridegroom Cometh. I think the author was John Cumming.  I wish I could remember what it said as I am sure it would be relevant, but sorry, I can't.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Like the "sheep and goats", this illustrates that only 1/2 of the survivors of the Great Tribulation will be allowed to enter into the Millennium. 

Which tribulation are you referring to?

Edited by Invicta