• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Gas Prices

• Members

They always have a convenient excuse for why gas prices rise. It's interesting that when they rise they often do so by large amounts, yet when they drop the prices go down much slower.

Gas prices in some parts of the country are also effected by various State and city regulations regarding the blend of gas they will allow to be sold there. This is one of the main reasons for higher gas prices in California and cities like Chicago and others. Those States and cities which demand special blends of fuel drive up the cost of preparing the fuel and creates bottlenecks in the fuel supply line.

It was amazing to see how quickly greedy politicians across the country jumped on board the idea of raising gas taxes just as soon as prices for gas drop. If the politicians wisely handled the money they already have there would be more than enough to accomplish what needs to be done.

• Members

At least ya'll don't have to travel as far (nor do people in the NE US.)

I run a school bus 52 miles (64km) each AM and again in the afternoon for 6-9 kids on the farms SW of here. When I go to visit family (except Musician4God who lives nearby -- 200 miles [322km] it takes 400 mi [644km] just to leave our state.) For the same distance (and fuel) ya'll can go from Liverpool to Lille, France.

Salyan can identify with the distances between things, considering she's almost due north of me in similar geography and similar population density.

Oh, gas here is $2.449 per US gallon ( .647 per litre), diesel is $2.229 / gal ( .589/L)

Thats cheap

Filled up yesterday (Western New York), regular unleaded @ $2.73.

My wife used to work for a fuel oil, gasoline distribution company some years ago. You want to see the main reason for the disparity in gas prices look at the taxes each state charges. NY fuel taxes are very high (as are all our taxes). When traveling across the PA border you see an immediate drop of $.20 per gallon. That is not cost of delivery driving up the prices there.

When I first went to Luxembourg (Letzeberg in Luxembourgish) 33 years ago, fuel was much cheaper than in France .  We were amused that on one border crossing there were 12 filling stations in a line just across in Luxembourg.

• Members

i checked the local news yesterday and it said gas went up 50 cents and will go up another 50 cents today, due to some refinery problem in Indiana. do i believe this....hardly...

we just had a state tax increase of .48 cents per.gal the average here is 2.34 , I have to use midgrade and its 2.56 but who knows what it will be after the tax increase.

• Members

It's hit here now and according to the news gas will jump in price over at least a large section of the country. Prices here went up 50 cents and they said they may jump another 75 cents. This, according to the news, is because of the refinery problems in Indiana.

• Members

Here in southeastern Indiana, gas is about $2.49 a gallon. I drive a Mercedes, so I use the 'good stuff' which is usually 30 to 40 cents more per gallon. BUT I shop at Krogers. When we shop for groceries they give us points that go toward purchasing gas at their gas stations. We are a family of 6. My boys know how to put it away, so we shop alot for food. Thus, we get alot off when we get gas. Most times I get premium unleaded for the price of the low octane gas. We love Kroger gas stations.

• Members

Just read this morning that oil within the next few weeks may drop as low as 10.00 a barrow. A 75.00 per barrow drop sounds hard to believe we would see gas prices plummet to the 80s ,but if this was possible the feds and states would be sure to keep the prices the same by taxation without representation which is the common law in America today.

God bless

• Members

Our shot up because of that refinery problem in Indiana. They say that problem has been fixed and other refineries have picked up the slack. They also say our gas prices should go back down now but they are only creeping down. When they went up the shot up at 50 to 80 cent jumps. Coming down it's only a few cents here and there.