• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Gas Prices

• Moderators

Wait a minute... $2.249 per gallon?  Have I got that right? Because that's only $0.56 per litre. Which is only $0.73, even with poor exchange rate right now. We're at $1.034/litre right now, which is $0.79/US. Y'all are cheaper than us... and Alberta produces the stuff. We are also generally cheaper than the rest of Canada... it gets more expensive the further east you get.

• Members

I have just bought a Peugeot 2 litre Diesel.  Diesel here is lower than petrol or the first time in years.  In Tesco Petrol is £1.149 per litre and Diesel £1.129 per litre for Diesel.  We go to France about once a month for shopping.  There Diesel is much cheaper than Petrol.  With the advantageous exchange rate at present,  I filled up me present petrol car for just over £1 per litre, Diesel was 1€129 and at the  exchange rate I got a fortnight ago on my credit card of 1.407.... to the pound, that makes it about 81p per litre.  I know where I will be filling up in future.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

gas here jumped 75 cents a gallon today

Has something happened in your area to explain this?

On the news they have been reporting dropping gas prices over most of the country. They are even suggesting possible below $2.00 a gallon, especially if the Iran deal goes through. Other than California, which they say won't see as dramatic drop in gas prices, the rest of the country is supposed to be seeing dropping prices.

• Moderators

At least ya'll don't have to travel as far (nor do people in the NE US.)

I run a school bus 52 miles (64km) each AM and again in the afternoon for 6-9 kids on the farms SW of here. When I go to visit family (except Musician4God who lives nearby -- 200 miles [322km] it takes 400 mi [644km] just to leave our state.) For the same distance (and fuel) ya'll can go from Liverpool to Lille, France.

Salyan can identify with the distances between things, considering she's almost due north of me in similar geography and similar population density.

Oh, gas here is $2.449 per US gallon ( .647 per litre), diesel is $2.229 / gal ( .589/L)

Edited by OLD fashioned preacher

• Members

Filled up yesterday (Western New York), regular unleaded @ $2.73.

My wife used to work for a fuel oil, gasoline distribution company some years ago. You want to see the main reason for the disparity in gas prices look at the taxes each state charges. NY fuel taxes are very high (as are all our taxes). When traveling across the PA border you see an immediate drop of $.20 per gallon. That is not cost of delivery driving up the prices there.