• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

You both are wrong in your understanding of this section of verses and it makes me sad that you only see what you have been trained to believe - the teachings of some men in the past, who among other things wants you to think more highly of a bloodline of false doctrines, than to know the scriptures and what they really teach.

There is only one time there is a NH & NE. And that is in Eternity.

Thank you Alan for putting yourself in with this teaching, it shows your 'view' for what it is, training by men in the past who really want us to worship a 'people' who claim God as their own, and want Christianity to treat them as such - gods ; a people that do not have God as their Father and do lie to cover the true teachings of the word of God as they have always been taught.

Enough said. (and notice that I didn't use ANY bold or colored letters?)

And where oh where do you get this?

Guess we should stock up on wool blankets, eh?

GP,

Isaiah 60:1-2, 19-20

Jesus will come to Israel who sits in darkness while the rest of the world is scorched by the sun. The kingdom begins in verse 3, notice that the sun and moon do not give light to Israel but they don't withdraw or set. The kingdom of Antichrist will stay dark as judgment from God. The New Jerusalem will be over Israel in the shadow of the moon so the light of Jesus glory will shine down on Israel. The rest of the people will come to Israel to look up and see the light of Jesus. Out side the shadow of the moon the sun's light will hurt the peoples eyes.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

GP,

Isaiah 1-2, 19-20

Jesus will come to Israel who sits in darkness while the rest of the world is scorched by the sun. The kingdom begins in verse 3, notice that the sun and moon do not give light to Israel but they don't withdraw or set. The kingdom of Antichrist will stay dark as judgment from God. The New Jerusalem will be over Israel in the shadow of the moon so the light of Jesus glory will shine down on Israel. The rest of the people will come to Israel to look up and see the light of Jesus. Out side the shadow of the moon the sun's light will hurt the peoples eyes.

The Pope is Antichrist why look further?

• Members

The Pope is Antichrist why look further?

The Pope will probably be head of the apostate Christian church called Mystery Babylon. The head of Mystery Babylon will tell the kings of the earth what to do till God puts it in the kings hearts to give their power to the Antichrist see Revelation 17:12-18 .

• Members

The Pope will probably be head of the apostate Christian church called Mystery Babylon. The head of Mystery Babylon will tell the kings of the earth what to do till God puts it in the kings hearts to give their power to the Antichrist see Revelation 17:12-18 .

Have yhou ever read history? The Pope has done all that.

• Members

Eric,

Thank you for your explantation  that the Roman Catholic Church will increase dramatically once the true Christians are taken out of this earth in the coming of the Lord Jesus as depicted in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 

Once the Lord Jesus takes the true Christians off the face of the earth, and the Holy Spirit is gone also, then the false Christians, and the false religions of the world, will swarm willingly into the Roman Catholic Church. The resultant swarm of religious people joining the 'MOTHER OF HARLOTS' will increase the political power of the Pope worldwide.

"And now ye know what withholdeth that the might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way." 2 Thessalonians 2:6 & 7 The Holy Spirit, in the heart of the true Christians, is the only restraining power in this world to prevent the anti-Christ, and the Roman Catholic Church, from taking world wide power. Once the Holy Spirit is removed in the Rapture of the church the false christians will flock into the arms of the HARLOT CHURCH.

• Members

Eric,

Thank you for your explantation  that the Roman Catholic Church will increase dramatically once the true Christians are taken out of this earth in the coming of the Lord Jesus as depicted in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 

Once the Lord Jesus takes the true Christians off the face of the earth, and the Holy Spirit is gone also, then the false Christians, and the false religions of the world, will swarm willingly into the Roman Catholic Church. The resultant swarm of religious people joining the 'MOTHER OF HARLOTS' will increase the political power of the Pope worldwide.

"And now ye know what withholdeth that the might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way." 2 Thessalonians 2:6 & 7 The Holy Spirit, in the heart of the true Christians, is the only restraining power in this world to prevent the anti-Christ, and the Roman Catholic Church, from taking world wide power. Once the Holy Spirit is removed in the Rapture of the church the false christians will flock into the arms of the HARLOT CHURCH.

I've watched the Left Behind movies and that's not what happens!:D

• Members

I've watched the Left Behind movies and that's not what happens!:D

I read your comment and was reminded of yesterday's Bible study. We have been discussing creation, Adam&Eve, etc, and the topic of Lucifer and demons came up. There was confusion as to exactly what a demon/devil/angel is. One of the women kept saying "But I saw the movie, it's different!" after repeating that phrase several times in response to what I was saying, I finally got her to tell me the name of the movie: 'Constantine'  I had to explain that although they used Biblical themes/names, it was not a Biblically correct movie. "But I saw the movie!" :bonk:<--me

• Members

It's a sad fact many professing Christians understanding of the Bible and biblical matters comes from movies, TV and hearsay. I've been in Bible studies where someone will quote something from a movie and someone else will remember having heard that before and agree what they said is biblical.

I've encountered Christians who sincerely believe Christian movies are made by Christians so they have to be accurate. When confronted with a problem in the movie they get confused and wonder why I wouldn't agree with the movie since it's a Christian movie (and therefore must be "Christian" and true).

There are many Christians in America today who are preparing for what they've seen in so many Christian end-times movies. Rather than living according to God's commands in Scripture, they are preparing to be a part of God's underground army that will fight against the anti-christ. So many of these folks have become doomsday preppers, some have formed their own little "militias", they are stocking food, guns, ammo, radio equipment and the like; all in the belief they can outwit the anti-christ, live without the mark of the beast, conduct guerrilla war against the one world government and thwart the plans of the anti-christ.

NONE of that is biblical, yet that's put forth in countless end times books and movies to the point where untold thousands of Christians believe it's true.

We need to set our eyes on Jesus, be busy tending to eternal matters, and leave these worldly things and temporal matters behind.

• Members

Eric,

That is really a strange teaching.  And (a bit of KJV grammar here) if anyone taught it in our church, I would write to the elders. I did once but didn't get an answer.  I think they were probably divided;

There is nothing in scripture to suggest that the Church and Holy spirit will both be taken out of the way. 

It's a sad fact many professing Christians understanding of the Bible and biblical matters comes from movies, TV and hearsay. I've been in Bible studies where someone will quote something from a movie and someone else will remember having heard that before and agree what they said is biblical.

I've encountered Christians who sincerely believe Christian movies are made by Christians so they have to be accurate. When confronted with a problem in the movie they get confused and wonder why I wouldn't agree with the movie since it's a Christian movie (and therefore must be "Christian" and true).

There are many Christians in America today who are preparing for what they've seen in so many Christian end-times movies. Rather than living according to God's commands in Scripture, they are preparing to be a part of God's underground army that will fight against the anti-christ. So many of these folks have become doomsday preppers, some have formed their own little "militias", they are stocking food, guns, ammo, radio equipment and the like; all in the belief they can outwit the anti-christ, live without the mark of the beast, conduct guerrilla war against the one world government and thwart the plans of the anti-christ.

NONE of that is biblical, yet that's put forth in countless end times books and movies to the point where untold thousands of Christians believe it's true.

We need to set our eyes on Jesus, be busy tending to eternal matters, and leave these worldly things and temporal matters behind.

Even if Christian movies were made by Christians, it wouldn't mean they were true.  There are many books written by Christians which aren't true.

And I believe he will do it again after the rapture scares the people to church.

Proof from the  bible please?

If I may add the disagrees with Alan who said the church would be removed

• Members

That's one of the big problems with Christian movies, many Christians just assume if it's "Christian" then it's good and what they have in the movie is true.

When I was a newborn in Christ I was still young and had not been discipled at all, and I was unaware of all the false teachers out there, the wolves in sheep's clothing, the sincere Christians who were sincerely wrong in some of their beliefs and teachings. That caused a lot of confusion for me as I read anything I could get hold of that was "Christian".

Many today are just like that. They don't know enough of Scripture and reality to know or fully grasp that not all Christians are the same and not all Christian books and movies are biblically accurate.

One major problem is the plethora of Christian books and movies that are filled with opinion, speculation and conjecture yet presented as absolute fact. This is most abundant with those in the category of prophecy and the end times.

• Members

That's one of the big problems with Christian movies, many Christians just assume if it's "Christian" then it's good and what they have in the movie is true.

When I was a newborn in Christ I was still young and had not been discipled at all, and I was unaware of all the false teachers out there, the wolves in sheep's clothing, the sincere Christians who were sincerely wrong in some of their beliefs and teachings. That caused a lot of confusion for me as I read anything I could get hold of that was "Christian".

Many today are just like that. They don't know enough of Scripture and reality to know or fully grasp that not all Christians are the same and not all Christian books and movies are biblically accurate.

One major problem is the plethora of Christian books and movies that are filled with opinion, speculation and conjecture yet presented as absolute fact. This is most abundant with those in the category of prophecy and the end times.

Add to that the "Christian" TV & radio. Some good, some blatant heresy - how are our folk to discern, when they have an hour or two (hopefully) sound teaching in their church, & many hours a day of what is questionable - by apparently well respected teachers who have a much greater acceptance than their Pastors? 

• Members

When I was first converted, my dad warned me about the church I was attending but I ignored him for a number of years.