• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Probably where the blood moons and such mumbo jumbo are mentioned.

Eric, have you heard about the piece of Psalms that were found in Ireland or Scotland, where the book was opened to Psalm 83?

It Is Time

The RFID chip makes the mark of the beast and the ability to restrict buying and selling possible.

Yes satellites and TV and internet make viewing the two witnesses possible.

Technology has increased knowledge as Daniel 12:4 foretold.

Cars, airplanes, rockets, and fuels have man running to and fro as Daniel 12:4 foretold. 

Isaiah 25:4-7 tells us that the blast of the terrible ones will destroy the veil and covering over all nations. That is why the heaven rolls up as a scroll in Revelation 6:14. The destruction of the atmosphere will cause the sun to burn men as fire in Revelation 16:8-9.

• Members

Eric,

Even if all the things you listed are a part of God's plan, The statement "it is time" doesn't apply. God's time table of events is perfect, always has been, always will be.

The events in the book of Revelation are sequential, the Rapture is first, then the Great Tribulation. So your statement of "it is time" is not correct according to Bible timelines.

As for me, my time is better spent getting the Gospel out and reaching lost souls than it is to waste time trying to guess the time of the end. If God had wanted me to know when "it is time", He would have told me.

His instructions to His church were to preach the Gospel to every creature and watch and wait for His coming. I hope that I will be found as one of the wise virgins, waiting and watching. I need not worry about the mark of the beast, I will not be here, I will be with the one who died for me.

Rev. 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 

Yes we have the work of reconciliation of the world to God, but we are also to be aware of the signs for the day of the Lord so we can comfort each other 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11.

• Members

It Is Time

The RFID chip makes the mark of the beast and the ability to restrict buying and selling possible.

Yes satellites and TV and internet make viewing the two witnesses possible.

Technology has increased knowledge as Daniel 12:4 foretold.

Cars, airplanes, rockets, and fuels have man running to and fro as Daniel 12:4 foretold. 

Isaiah 25:4-7 tells us that the blast of the terrible ones will destroy the veil and covering over all nations. That is why the heaven rolls up as a scroll in Revelation 6:14. The destruction of the atmosphere will cause the sun to burn men as fire in Revelation 16:8-9.

Clearly, if we read the Scriptures through your eyes, Eric, that we CANNOT understand the Scriptures, nor prophecy, by reading God's word, & NO-ONE in the previous 2,000 years had any chance of knowing what we know now, nor of understanding Scripture the way you do. Even in the life-time of most of us, the technology you rely on for your opinions was unheard of. 

Peter is very specific about OT prophecy focusing on Christ & his church:

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Note YOU, US.

Interesting that you should bring up Isaiah 25 again. I like to use it as Peter said Isaiah intended, as both were moved by the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Ghost:

6 And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.
8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.
9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Has it occurred to you, Eric, that Isaiah could be prophesying Calvary? 

• Members

Yes I saw pictures of the book with Psalm 83 open. I would say that was a sign from God that it is near. Also read Obadiah it is the same battle. Also read Isaiah 17 and 19. They will happen after Israel is divided according to Daniel 11:39-43a.

Clearly, if we read the Scriptures through your eyes, Eric, that we CANNOT understand the Scriptures, nor prophecy, by reading God's word, & NO-ONE in the previous 2,000 years had any chance of knowing what we know now, nor of understanding Scripture the way you do. Even in the life-time of most of us, the technology you rely on for your opinions was unheard of. 

10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Note YOU, US.

Interesting that you should bring up Isaiah 25 again. I like to use it as Peter said Isaiah intended, as both were moved by the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Ghost:

6 And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.
8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.
9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Daniel was told that the prophecy was sealed till the time of the end but at the time of the end the wise shall understand read Daniel 12:4,10.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Yes I saw pictures of the book with Psalm 83 open. I would say that was a sign from God that it is near.

The guy who I posted about also believes that.  

Here's the article from National Geographic - http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/07/060726-ireland-psalms.html

But when investigating the 'book', it was also told after the initial story, that, as the 'book' was based on the Vulgate, the numbering of the Psalms is one number off from the KJV text. Here's the next article from National Geographic - http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/07/060727-book-psalms.html - read the 2nd page.

Hence, what was showing was actually Psalm 84, not Psalm 83.

This is how this type of hype is started. By men jumping to conclusions about something prophetic, which is not.

See why I don't follow your way of thinking? There is no actual facts here. Just a bunch of hopeful people looking for something exciting to happen.

• Members

Daniel was told that the prophecy was sealed till the time of the end but at the time of the end the wise shall understand read Daniel 12:4,10.

That is NOT a reply to my post. Isaiah 25 obviously refers to Calvary.

• Members

Brethren,

It is only partially doctrinally correct to say that Isaiah 25 and 1 Peter 1:9-13 is a reference to Calvary. 

Isaiah 25:6-12 and 1 Peter 1:9-13 is speaking of Calvary, "and the glory that should follow." 1 Peter 1:11 is a direct reference to the 1000 (Millennial) reign of Christ in Revelation 20:3-7. To say that these verses are reference's to Calvary and not mention the true fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah and the Apostle Peter is not the entire truth of the future work, and coming glory, of the Lord Jesus.

Isaiah 25:7, "And he shall destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations." Is not a reference to Calvary but it is  a reference to the Millennial Reign of Christ as spoken in Revelation 20:3-7

Isaiah 25:8, "He will swallow up death in victory; and the LORD God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it." The reference in the New Testament to this verse, and the fulfilment of this prophecy, is not a reference or a fulfilment in Calvary; but, it is a prophecy of the new glorified body that every saint receives in the coming of the Lord Jesus (1 Corinthians 15:42-57), and all tears will be taken away after the Millennium as spoken of in Revelation 21:4

1 Corinthians 15:54, "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written. Death is swallowed up in victory." This is a direct reference to Isaiah 25:8 and it is not referring to Calvary it is referring to the resurrection and is still future.

Revelation 21:4, "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." This is the direct reference, and fulfilment, of Isaiah 25:8 and it is not a reference to Calvary but to the time, after the Millinnial Reign of Christ, and after the Great White Throne of Judgment; but during the formation of the New Heaven and the New Earth that God fulfills Isaiah 25:8

I do hope that this short study will be a blessing and a help to all in understanding the ultimate fulfilling of Isaiah 25:6-12 and 1 Peter 1:9-13

Alan

• Members

There has always been tribulation. But this is referencing The Great Tribulation spoken of in Scripture, there is a difference. The church age is not the great tribulation; that is yet to come.

Can any tribulation be greater than that suffered by the church over the centuries?

Paulicians  -  Wiped out

Bogomils  -  Wiped out

Waldensians  -  Almost wiped out and ceased to be a witnessing entity having agreed to take the mass once a year until after the reformation.

Hussites  -  Wiped out

Huegenots  -  Wiped out. They were at one time estimated to be about 48% of the French population.

Camisards  -  Wiped out,

They are only those that I can think of at present

Yes I saw pictures of the book with Psalm 83 open. I would say that was a sign from God that it is near. Also read Obadiah it is the same battle. Also read Isaiah 17 and 19. They will happen after Israel is divided according to Daniel 11:39-43a.

The end of What?  You should ask yourself.

• Members

The guy who I posted about also believes that.  

Here's the article from National Geographic - http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/07/060726-ireland-psalms.html

But when investigating the 'book', it was also told after the initial story, that, as the 'book' was based on the Vulgate, the numbering of the Psalms is one number off from the KJV text. Here's the next article from National Geographic - http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/07/060727-book-psalms.html - read the 2nd page.

Hence, what was showing was actually Psalm 84, not Psalm 83.

This is how this type of hype is started. By men jumping to conclusions about something prophetic, which is not.

See why I don't follow your way of thinking? There is no actual facts here. Just a bunch of hopeful people looking for something exciting to happen.

Did you read all my post? It explained that it will happen after Israel is divided.

Can any tribulation be greater than that suffered by the church over the centuries?

Paulicians  -  Wiped out

Bogomils  -  Wiped out

Waldensians  -  Almost wiped out and ceased to be a witnessing entity having agreed to take the mass once a year until after the reformation.

Hussites  -  Wiped out

Huegenots  -  Wiped out. They were at one time estimated to be about 48% of the French population.

Camisards  -  Wiped out,

They are only those that I can think of at present

The end of What?  You should ask yourself.

Time.

• Members

Did you read all my post? It explained that it will happen after Israel is divided.

Yes. And obviously you didn't read mine. The book was not opened to the 83rd Psalm. So there is no warning from God.

Try reading Psalm 84 and getting that 'message'. It don't work.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members

in reply to Ian:

10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, whoprophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Note YOU, US.

Brethren,

It is only partially doctrinally correct to say that Isaiah 25 and 1 Peter 1:9-13 is a reference to Calvary. 

Isaiah 25:6-12 and 1 Peter 1:9-13 is speaking of Calvary, "and the glory that should follow." 1 Peter 1:11 is a direct reference to the 1000 (Millennial) reign of Christ in Revelation 20:3-7. To say that these verses are reference's to Calvary and not mention the true fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah and the Apostle Peter is not the entire truth of the future work, and coming glory, of the Lord Jesus.

Did you notice that I was replying to Eric about his gross misinterpretation of Isaiah 25? Peter's point (& mine) is that the prophets were writing concerning the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. Peter is writing to real, living people, who are suffering persecution yet rejoicing in their salvation.     

Isaiah 25:7, "And he shall destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations." Is not a reference to Calvary but it is  a reference to the Millennial Reign of Christ as spoken in Revelation 20:3-7

Isaiah is writing about the triumph of Christ on "this mountain" where, by his death & resurrection he did triumph over death, hell, Satan & sin -  through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; Certainly the triumph at Calvary has secured eternal life for those who believe in him, but that live begins NOW. The veil is death - the wages of sin - but as believers we have passed from death to life. If we do not come to Christ for salvation NOW then the supposed future millennium cannot provide eternal life. 

But Peter knows nothing of a future millennium - he refers to it as an indefinite present time 2 Peter 3:8 that will end when the Lord returns to bring into being  new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.   

Isaiah 25:8, "He will swallow up death in victory; and the LORD God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it." The reference in the New Testament to this verse, and the fulfilment of this prophecy, is not a reference or a fulfilment in Calvary; but, it is a prophecy of the new glorified body that every saint receives in the coming of the Lord Jesus (1 Corinthians 15:42-57), and all tears will be taken away after the Millennium as spoken of in Revelation 21:4

1 Corinthians 15:54, "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written. Death is swallowed up in victory." This is a direct reference to Isaiah 25:8 and it is not referring to Calvary it is referring to the resurrection and is still future.

Revelation 21:4, "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." This is the direct reference, and fulfilment, of Isaiah 25:8 and it is not a reference to Calvary but to the time, after the Millinnial Reign of Christ, and after the Great White Throne of Judgment; but during the formation of the New Heaven and the New Earth that God fulfills Isaiah 25:8

So, where in you millennial teaching is Isaiah's mountain where Christ gains his victory over death? 

I do hope that this short study will be a blessing and a help to all in understanding the ultimate fulfilling of Isaiah 25:6-12 and 1 Peter 1:9-13

Of course God's ultimate purpose is eternal glory & peace in the NH&NE (not the supposed millennium, which has an end) but we need to read the Scriptures addressed to real, living believers, NOT some supposed future generation. The OT Scriptures look to Christ & those who believe in him in the Gospel age, as Peter carefully explains, while the letters are addressed to present suffering believers for their/our encouragement. 

Ian   

Alan

• Members

Brethren,

Alan

a blessing , Amen

Thank Your Brother

God bless

• Members

Covenanter,

If you read my post carefully I puposely addressed it the, "Brethren," as I tried to keep personalities out of the short study.  I puposely did not mention any names in order to try and keep peace among the brethren. As Isaiah 25 was brought up by Eric I felt it was appropriate to respond as I did. I purposely tried to just give the correct spiritual interpretation of Isaiah 25:6-12 and 1 Peter 1:9-13. In my opinion, I think both you and Eric missed the boat on the complete interpretation of Isaiah 25:6-12 and 1 Peter 1:9-13

Please look at the words, "partially." Ian, if you read it carefully you will notice that I partially agreed with you; and still do. 

As this thread is Eric's, and I do not want to distrupt his thread any further with my comments. So, I do not think it appropriate to comment on your comments to my post.

Brethren,

Although I do not plan on commenting on the comments of Covenanter's reply to my post I think it is a good study as it stands and do not think I need to change anything.

EKSmith,

Thank you very much for enjoying the short study on Isaiah 25:6-12 and 1 Peter 1:9-13. It is a blessing to me to know that the Lord blessed it.

In Christ,

Alan

• Members

Time.

No not the end of time, that is a fixture in the minds of Futurists,  It is the end of the period that is spoken about.