• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

The church has always been in the tribulation.

Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Throughout the world, Christians still have tribulation, N.Korea, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Rwanda, to mention but`a few.

• Administrators

The church has always been in the tribulation.

Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Throughout the world, Christians still have tribulation, N.Korea, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Rwanda, to mention but`a few.

There has always been tribulation. But this is referencing The Great Tribulation spoken of in Scripture, there is a difference. The church age is not the great tribulation; that is yet to come.

• Members

Nowhere does Scripture stipulate man has to reach a certain technological level before the end can come. While God can use the things of man for His own ends, one of the key elements of the Great Tribulation is that it's God's wrath being poured out and the people, lost people, recognize it as such.

If the end couldn't come until the technological advances of 2015, that means Christ's return couldn't have been imminent for the past 2,000 years. Is that in accord with Scripture?

• Members

As I heard a preacher say to this effect, "God doesn't need satellites, the internet, or worldwide TV to make sure everyone sees what He wants them to see. After all, if God can't bend light and refraction or otherwise cause events to be seen by all, He's not Almighty."

Along these same lines, God didn't need nuclear missiles to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. God wanted the destruction of those cities to be clearly His doing.

God doesn't need modern weapons in order to pour out His wrath upon man. God may choose to use man in the process, but the wording in Revelation points to God making it clear what's happening during the end is coming directly from Him.

• Members

There has always been tribulation. But this is referencing The Great Tribulation spoken of in Scripture, there is a difference. The church age is not the great tribulation; that is yet to come.

Amen and amen. Thank you very much for bringing out the biblical interpretation between the tribulation Christians experience in this life and the world wide Great Tribulation Period in the Book of Revelaltion. Please keep up the good work.

Alan

• Administrators

Amen and amen. Thank you very much for bringing out the biblical interpretation between the tribulation Christians experience in this life and the world wide Great Tribulation Period in the Book of Revelaltion. Please keep up the good work.

Alan

Thanks Alan, it seems elemental to me. Just because the word is "tribulation" does not by default make it "The Great Tribulation" that God will bring about in the last times.

• Members

It Is Time

The RFID chip makes the mark of the beast and the ability to restrict buying and selling possible.

Yes satellites and TV and internet make viewing the two witnesses possible.

Technology has increased knowledge as Daniel 12:4 foretold.

Cars, airplanes, rockets, and fuels have man running to and fro as Daniel 12:4 foretold. 

Isaiah 25:4-7 tells us that the blast of the terrible ones will destroy the veil and covering over all nations. That is why the heaven rolls up as a scroll in Revelation 6:14. The destruction of the atmosphere will cause the sun to burn men as fire in Revelation 16:8-9.

• Administrators

Eric,

Even if all the things you listed are a part of God's plan, The statement "it is time" doesn't apply. God's time table of events is perfect, always has been, always will be.

The events in the book of Revelation are sequential, the Rapture is first, then the Great Tribulation. So your statement of "it is time" is not correct according to Bible timelines.

As for me, my time is better spent getting the Gospel out and reaching lost souls than it is to waste time trying to guess the time of the end. If God had wanted me to know when "it is time", He would have told me.

His instructions to His church were to preach the Gospel to every creature and watch and wait for His coming. I hope that I will be found as one of the wise virgins, waiting and watching. I need not worry about the mark of the beast, I will not be here, I will be with the one who died for me.

Rev. 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.