• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Proof of the shrinking American brain.

• Members
27 minutes ago, Saved41199 said:

So...there you have it. I love him beyond reason...however, the adults in his life have inflicted more pain and abuse on him in his 4 short years on earth than he deserves. Now, Nona and Poppa will be dealing with a child who will need a whole lot and neither one of us really have what it takes to dedicate our lives to a 4 year old. I'm 52, hub is 54. Neither one of us is thrilled about this...but we do what we have to do. 

I can empathize with you.  Other people's decisions can have unfair effects on the lives of other people.  But I know that you are old enough to understand that life is not fair.  We are in a fallen, sinful state and God has seen fit to allow us to keep the gift of free will.  As long as we have free will, we will all make decisions that will have adverse effects of other people; some of them even financially crippling and even fatal.

To answer your question, no, I do not believe you deserve or are owed the assistance of the government or from anyone else for that matter.  However, I also do not believe that I deserve assistance from the government or anyone else either.  We do not have the right to demand the fruits of anyone else's labor, nor do we have the right to the services or skills of others without payment.  

There are those who are unwilling to work and take advantage of individuals and programs.  What does God have to say about that?

(2 Thessalonians 3:10) "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat."

But what about those who are willing to work, but cannot?

(Matthew 25:35-40) "For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: {36} Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. {37} Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? {38} When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? {39} Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? {40} And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

If we see people in need, we should personally help them out of our own pockets, our own homes and our own kindness.  If we cannot afford to so, we can make the decision to help whom we should as a local church.  If neither we, as individuals nor our local churches can afford to help them, then those people must find help elsewhere or help themselves.  

Before we start demanding that the government and other people take care of those in need, we better have exhausted our own resources first.  If you have a spare room or even a spare floor in your own home, don't you dare ask the government to help find someone a place to stay.  The government gets its money from individual people.  If you have a warm roof over your head, or can cook a hot meal or even make a sandwich, you do it yourself; you don't say, "Someone should help that guy," and pass it off to someone else.

I have had many a dirt covered vagabond stay in my home over the years and will continue to do so.  How about you, Saved?  Do you have a room you could let someone sleep in?  How about a couch?  Could you spare some money to make sandwiches to pass out?  How about even ramen noodles?  Anything? Can you just sit with them and listen to them?  Can you share the Gospel with them?  Can you pray with them? What are YOU doing? I can guarantee that the government will not share the Gospel with them or pray with them. 

Edited by Brother Stafford

• Members
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:18 PM, Saved41199 said:

then if you want to put it in terms of my little corner of the world...what others do is of no matter to me, right? I'm too old to have to worry about getting pregnant, my daughter had her tubes tied after her second child (and lost custody and rights to them when she chose to deal drugs and ended up in prison) and I have no more girl children to worry about. 

Because of a woman's irresponsibility in having a child she had no business having and my son who's also a blooming idiot who cannot care for that child, I will be turning my life upside down, including moving, to care for the unwanted grandson of mine. We are waiting on the final CPS determination and meeting with our housing caseworker to see how fast they can get us into a bigger apartment. I love my grandson beyond reason but I can't help but think that maybe his parents had no business bringing him into this world to be abandoned by both his parents and his current guardians who are known violent drug addicts and alcoholics. 

So...there you have it. I love him beyond reason...however, the adults in his life have inflicted more pain and abuse on him in his 4 short years on earth than he deserves. Now, Nona and Poppa will be dealing with a child who will need a whole lot and neither one of us really have what it takes to dedicate our lives to a 4 year old. I'm 52, hub is 54. Neither one of us is thrilled about this...but we do what we have to do. 

Miss,

I get it, I have been caring for a 15 year old grandson for many years. There is no Heavenly reward for doing what the heathen do naturally (taking care of family).

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Stop worrying over the world and injustice. Living in America means you are rich beyond measure compared to 90% of the world regardless of your income bracket. Lose your care for social problems and government, pick up the cross DIE TO SELF and follow HIM. Live the rest of your life trying to spare all people you come across from hell.

Edited by wretched

• Members

While I was watching brother Kurecki's video about abortion, he mentioned (and rebuked) the overly used pro-life argument: "It's a woman's right to choose what to do with her body."  When I heard that, a verse immediately popped into my head:

(1 Corinthians 6:19-20) "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? {20} For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s."

As Christians, our bodies are not our own.  Neither a man, nor a woman, has the right to do with their bodies as they please, because we are told that we are not our own.  So, women, not only do you not have the right to kill the lives that are growing within your bodies, you most definitely do not even have the right to choose what you do with your own bodies because, "ye are not your own."  Your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost that God purchased through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ.

I used to engage in fornication, alcohol abuse, drug abuse and have had many tattoos put on my arms.  I no longer engage in any of those things (and I keep my arms covered) because, not only are those things sinful, but I do not have the right to do those things to a body that does not belong to me.  If God chooses to cause a life to grow within the belly of a woman, it is His business.  If that child lives or dies, or if the mother lives or dies, it is God's business.

Edited by Brother Stafford

• Members

Abortion on demand was created for adultery and fornication, for sexual relations outside of marriage.  Abortion is THE most selfish and wicked way of torture and murder the devil has ever devised, the selfish murder of an unborn child in her mother's womb, the safest place on earth.

God says that children are an heritage to the Lord and that he knits them together in the womb and that he knew them before they were made.  We have no right to destroy what God himself is working on.  

The Colonists went to war over taxation.  The South left the Union over state's rights.  And yet we have done nothing about the 60,000,000+ unborn children slaughtered since 1973.  Hitler was an amateur at mass murder and duplicity compared to this nation's people.