• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New Guy

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Thank you for the support! The church I pastor is SBC. I'm independent. For now, I'm the interim pastor. Something I've noticed though, most SBC don't know why they are SBC. They were all "raised that way". Funny business this whole denomination thing is. I'm a Bible Believing Baptist.

• Members

my husband and I attended a SBC for awhile.  it was a small church.  the people were very warm and loving, they had a heart for helping others.  what I didn't like was all the special offerings the convention required the churches to participate in, as well as the monthly "dues"  in the fall, right before Christmas they had a mission offering.  this was a burden to the small congregation.  I mean, people are trying to figure out how to buy gifts for grandkids and here they come with this goal of let's raise $500 dollars this month.  but I think that attitude of "raised that way" is in almost all denominations.  around here people go to church because their parents and grandparents went to that church and don't know what a doctrine is.