• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Contraceptive Pills are murder

• Members

I was talking to some ladies in the church and I did some research, and I found out that most contraceptive pills are actually just murder.

Many Doctors may tell you that the pill does not terminate pregnancy, but that's because they often redefine pregnancy to mean when the fertilized egg implants itself on the wall of the uterus, therefore contraceptive pills can cause the death of a fertilized egg through starvation by preventing it from implanting on the wall of the uterus.

Long story short, most if not all contraceptives can cause death to fertilized eggs.

"The fact that the hormonal contraceptives have an abortive potential is discussed in the paper circulated at AAPLOG’s 1998 midwinter meeting. “Most (virtually all) literature dealing with hormonal contraception ascribes a three-fold action to these agents. 1. inhibition of ovulation, 2. inhibition of sperm transport, and 3. production of a “hostile endometrium”, which presumably prevents or disrupts implantation of the developing baby if the first two mechanisms fail. The first two mechanisms are true contraception. "

http://www.aaplog.org/position-and-papers/oral-contraceptive-controversy/birth-control-pill-abortifacient-and-contraceptive/

From my studies I have found that all pills do number 3 as described above, and none of them will be 100 percent successful with number 1 and 2. 

“I asked him, ‘Does the Pill sometimes fail to prevent ovulation?’ He said ‘yes’. I asked, ‘What happens then?’ He said, ‘The cervical mucus slows down the sperm. And if that doesn’t work,if you end up with a fertilized egg, it won’t implant and grow because of the less hospitable endometrium.’ (Emphasis in the original)

“I then asked Hill if he was certain the pill made implantation less likely. ‘Oh yes,’ he replied. I said, ‘ So you don’t think this is just a theoretical effect of the Pill?’ He said the following, which I draw directly from my extensive notes of our conversation.

“Oh, no, it’s not theoretical. It’s observable. We know what an endometrium looks like when it’s rich and most receptive to the fertilized egg. When the woman is taking the Pill, you can clearly see the difference, based both on gross appearance – as seen with the naked eye – and under a microscope. At the time when the endometrium would normally accept a fertilized egg, if a woman is taking the Pill it is much less likely to do so.” (Emphasis in the original)"

"With some contraceptives there is not only a link with abortion there is an identity.  Some contraceptives are abortifacients; they work by causing early term abortions. The IUD seems to prevent a fertilized egg — a new little human being — from implanting in the uterine wall.  The pill does not always stop ovulation but sometimes prevents implantation of the growing embryo.  And, of course, the new RU 486 pill works altogether by aborting a new fetus, a new baby.  Although some in the pro-life movement occasional speak out against the contraceptives that are abortifacients most generally steer clear of the issue of contraception.  

http://www.goodmorals.org/smith4.htm

• Moderators

We were taught the same thing (without the use of the terms "abortion" and "murder") in health class in public high school probably before you were born (although RU 486 wasn't around yet and the IUD was still new). Amazing how many IB want to deny or ignore it.

• Members

This has been one of those "quiet sins" that many Christians have been willing to ignore. While we cry out against abortion and denounce the killing of those babies for the sake of convenience, we quietly do or allow the same thing by use of "contraceptions" which kill the babies before they are big enough for others to notice, making it easier to ignore.

While some preached against these things about 50 years ago most dropped it as such became popular for use among not only many in the pews but among pastors families as well.

Scripture is clear that we are to acknowledge God controls the womb. Yet in our hubris we think we know better as to when and how many children we should or shouldn't have. So we use methods that kill babies in their beginning stage and pretend that's not what we are doing. We justify our actions by pointing to economic conditions, not wanting to waste our youthful years with children, claiming we can do more work for God if we postpone children.

Did not God say married couples are to be fruitful and multiply? Does not His Word indicate God chooses when to give children and how many? Are we to believe if God didn't want us having children he would make us celibate and to remain unmarried? Are we to believe God can't plan the perfect timing for married couples to have children, and how many, so that such doesn't prevent them from serving the Lord?

It seems areas that we can see direct and rather immediate impacts upon our lives, such as having children, are areas where our faith is weakest. It's easy for most of us to trust God for our daily bread, especially here in America, but apparently not as easy to trust God when it comes to having babies.

May the Lord forgive our sins and help us to trust Him in all things and have faith in His perfect wisdom.

• Members

Sadly, my wife and I were completely oblivious to this when we first got married. We were still spiritually immature and had never heard any of this from either the church or anyone in the health sector. It literally never crossed our minds. Unfortunately, she got pregnant during our first year of marriage while she was on the pill and we ended up losing the baby sometime between week 7 and 11. That inhospitable environment doesn't just go away when the fertilized egg implants. Her placenta simply tore away because the effects of the birth control were still at work. It was probably one of the most difficult times in our marriage. Since then we've done our research (initially just to figure out what happened) and have come to these same conclusions. It's something everyone under our spiritual care (especially teens and young adults) need to be taught and understand because the outside world certainly isn't going to make them aware. It happened to us out of innocence, but the loss of life is no less tragic and devastating. Know what I know now, birth-control pills should be considered no different than abortion pills because they effectively cause the same effect.

• 3 weeks later...