• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Has Anyone Read Beth Moore's books/video's?

• Members

Hello.  I have a close acquaintance who loves Beth Moore's studies.  I have never heard of her.  Can anyone who has actually read/heard her studies give me a review.  I would like to hear first hand from someone who has actually read her book/books not 2nd hand from what others may have said.  Thanks!

Bro. Garry

• Members

It may depend upon which books or videos of hers you are referring to. Her older material can be beneficial. I've only read one of her books, an older one, which I can't recall the name at the moment, after a lady friend of the family asked me to. While she isn't KJO, the book was sound. I've seen a few of her older videos where she gave sound teaching which was primarily directed toward women.

In more recent years she's been drifting away from a more conservative approach to a more "liberal" (not really the word I'm looking for, but will have to suffice). Some of her teaching is still biblically sound, but unfortunately she's taken a more ecumenical stance which embraces some, such as the RCC, which shouldn't be embraced. I've also read she's adopted some of the "contemplative" stuff, but I've not actually read/seen her touching on that matter.

If a person can separate the older good material from the newer stuff they may find some benefit. If not, then I would recommend to avoid her work.

I've known, and still know a few, women who have grown much in the Lord using her studies but that was mostly several years ago, so using what is now her older studies. Some of those women noticed her "leftward" shift and stopped using anything new from her. Some grew to the point where they moved on to more meatier studies by others. Unfortunately, there are always those who get caught in the new current and still follow her.

I understand it can be difficult for women to find good material by women, and that's one of the main reasons Moore was so embraced when she first hit the scene. However, with the direction Moore has chose to travel, women would be better off seeking their material elsewhere.

• Members

Haven't read her books.  However, I know there are videos of her on youtube where she teaches crazy stuff.  In one, she says that Roman Catholics are Christian.

that's enough to show me her books are not worth reading.

This is a direct quote from the video Beth Moore's "Vision" concerning the Roman Catholic Church.  Doesn't sound very embracing to me. 

I know that the true church of God is made up of people of every race and tongue, (Revelation 5:9) but I also know that God is a God of truth and holiness and he would not include a “church” which preaches a false gospel. In fact we have a Bible in our hands because of the faithful Christian martyrs that stood against the Roman Catholic church. The Roman Catholic church preaches a false and soul damning gospel, and it is still the very same gospel which the Protestant reformers fought against in the Middle ages. I have always said that the teaching of the Catholic Mass would be enough for it to qualify it as a false gospel. Why? Because they teach as their official doctrine that their Catholic Mass satisfies the justice of God for sins committed against him. That false teaching totally undermines the truth that Jesus Christ already justified the believer by his own blood. That is the very center and heart of the gospel (good news) about Jesus Christ. If you replace that Biblical truth with the LIE of the Catholic Mass you have another gospel, which is NOT a gospel (good news) at all.  

• Members

This is a direct quote from the video Beth Moore's "Vision" concerning the Roman Catholic Church.  Doesn't sound very embracing to me. 

I know that the true church of God is made up of people of every race and tongue, (Revelation 5:9) but I also know that God is a God of truth and holiness and he would not include a “church” which preaches a false gospel. In fact we have a Bible in our hands because of the faithful Christian martyrs that stood against the Roman Catholic church. The Roman Catholic church preaches a false and soul damning gospel, and it is still the very same gospel which the Protestant reformers fought against in the Middle ages. I have always said that the teaching of the Catholic Mass would be enough for it to qualify it as a false gospel. Why? Because they teach as their official doctrine that their Catholic Mass satisfies the justice of God for sins committed against him. That false teaching totally undermines the truth that Jesus Christ already justified the believer by his own blood. That is the very center and heart of the gospel (good news) about Jesus Christ. If you replace that Biblical truth with the LIE of the Catholic Mass you have another gospel, which is NOT a gospel (good news) at all.  

A little research reveals that your quote does not come from Beth Moore.  Rather, it comes from WF WHITE, who was exposing the fact that Beth Moore was including the RCC  as being "of the Body of Christ".