• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 7th Shemita is here

• Members

Brother Eric... I am going to post a few verses.  I am not posting them to stir up controversy in what I believe (since I've already stated that I personally do not believe the kingdom message applies to me in this current age if grace), so again, I am NOT posting to stir up that hornets nest.. the reason I am posting this is because you (and others) believe these verses are relevant to your life (doctrinally)... and if so... if you personally (Eric) believe these verses apply to your life, how do you (Eric) personally reconcile selling "emergency preparedness food storage" with these verses? I'm curious to know, specifically, how you (Eric) reconcile this:  "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof"? With hoarding food? My next question (to Eric) would be... what Bible verses do you use to support why a pastor should (supposedly) be teaching their "flock" to store up food? Thank you!

Matthew 6:31 "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?"
32 "(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things."
33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
34 "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

• Members
On 1/20/2016 at 4:53 PM, Ronda said:

Brother Eric... I am going to post a few verses.  I am not posting them to stir up controversy in what I believe (since I've already stated that I personally do not believe the kingdom message applies to me in this current age if grace), so again, I am NOT posting to stir up that hornets nest.. the reason I am posting this is because you (and others) believe these verses are relevant to your life (doctrinally)... and if so... if you personally (Eric) believe these verses apply to your life, how do you (Eric) personally reconcile selling "emergency preparedness food storage" with these verses? I'm curious to know, specifically, how you (Eric) reconcile this:  "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof"? With hoarding food? My next question (to Eric) would be... what Bible verses do you use to support why a pastor should (supposedly) be teaching their "flock" to store up food? Thank you!

Matthew 6:31 "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?"
32 "(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things."
33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
34 "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

1 Timothy 5:8

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Ronda Jesus told us in Matthew 24:7-8 that famines and many other judgments will come before the day of the Lord. I believe Him.

John 13:31-35 tells us to love one another.

If those that can prepare do not, how can they help those that need help?

• Members
3 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

The Baltic Dry Index on Bloomberg indicates there are almost no ship loads of freight between US and  Europe. A great slow down has begun.

You are always so pessimistic.  Always prophesying bad news, a bit like our Daily Express Newspaper.  Here are some happy Christians, Chinese receiving bibles.

Chinese cry of happiness for having a bible in hand!!!
Touching!!!
Share it
Chinese cry of happiness and grateful to God for allowing them to have the Bible in paper version, since the sale of Bibles is restricted by the government, officially atheist.

Sorry about only half the picture but if you click on the translation link it should take to to the original
Edited by Invicta

• Members

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Ephesians 6:12-13

• Members

Brother Eric, Thank you for answering my question (in part). But I still am left wondering what you do with these verses? (Since you quote other verses from Matthew as applying to this age) I just can't understand how you can claim Matthew 24 and not Matthew 6:31-34. I see your reasoning from the other verses you selected, but what about these verses...Are they just thrown out? Ignored? I'm sorry to offend you, I just can't understand your reasoning. Do these verses not apply to you? 

Matthew 6:31-34    31 "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?"

• Members
On 1/27/2016 at 6:47 PM, Invicta said:

You are always so pessimistic.  Always prophesying bad news, a bit like our Daily Express Newspaper.  Here are some happy Christians, Chinese receiving bibles.

Chinese cry of happiness for having a bible in hand!!!
Touching!!!
Share it
Chinese cry of happiness and grateful to God for allowing them to have the Bible in paper version, since the sale of Bibles is restricted by the government, officially atheist.

Sorry about only half the picture but if you click on the translation link it should take to to the original

I also give out bibles and send many bibles around the world because I am a Gideon. Most people do not know what is happening around the world so I am trying to warn them.

• Members
On 1/28/2016 at 10:31 PM, Ronda said:

Brother Eric, Thank you for answering my question (in part). But I still am left wondering what you do with these verses? (Since you quote other verses from Matthew as applying to this age) I just can't understand how you can claim Matthew 24 and not Matthew 6:31-34. I see your reasoning from the other verses you selected, but what about these verses...Are they just thrown out? Ignored? I'm sorry to offend you, I just can't understand your reasoning. Do these verses not apply to you? 

Matthew 6:31-34    31 "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?"

Hi Ronda. These verses teach us not to worry, but they do not tell us not to work. 2 Thessalonians 3:10b if a man will not work neither shall he eat. We need to be responsible for the needs of the body of Christ. If we know the bridge is out we should warn others.

• Members

27 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

I also give out bibles and send many bibles around the world because I am a Gideon. Most people do not know what is happening around the world so I am trying to warn them.

Good.  

But what we should be warning people about is not eschatological star gazing but what the scripture actually says, viz:

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:Hebrews 9:27

Edited by Invicta

• Members
2 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Warn them of what? If they won't listen to the Gospel they aren't going to turn to Christ because of interest rates in Japan, a famine in Africa, Muslims beheading Christians or other news stories.

What Bible translation do you give out now since the Gideons stopped using the KJB? (a Gideon friend told me what translation they were replacing the KJB with but that was some years ago now and I don't recall which it was)

• Members
6 hours ago, John81 said:

Warn them of what? If they won't listen to the Gospel they aren't going to turn to Christ because of interest rates in Japan, a famine in Africa, Muslims beheading Christians or other news stories.

What Bible translation do you give out now since the Gideons stopped using the KJB? (a Gideon friend told me what translation they were replacing the KJB with but that was some years ago now and I don't recall which it was)

It is the NIV.

Over here there is a small organisationc alled The Bible Spreading Union who distribute KJVs to individuals and in some cases churches/

Edited by Invicta

• Members
4 hours ago, Invicta said:

It is the NIV.

Over here there is a small organisationc alled The Bible Spreading Union who distribute KJVs to individuals and in some cases churches/

The Gideons used to perform a good service by spreading the KJB broadly but they weakened their stance and chose to please itching ears by dropping the KJB in favor of a less "offensive" (to those who hate truth) MV.

You are correct, the Gideons turned to the NIV, as I found after doing an internet search. The NIV is one of the worst of the MVs, a version which I found to be a watery mess even before I knew anything about the various translations. The following link exposes some of this problem:

http://www.lovethetruth.com/bible/gideons.htm

• Members
13 hours ago, John81 said:

I give out KJB . I am trying to warn Christians about the hard economic times around the world which are coming here also.

• Members
4 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

I give out KJB . I am trying to warn Christians about the hard economic times around the world which are coming here also.

If there was a half l would have given it here, it is not your job to prophecy of hard economic times, there have always been those economic times from age to age, even in Roman times, 

REV 6:5  And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.6  And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
As usual the rich who had the oil and wine were not effeeted