• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 7th Shemita is here

• Members

Invicta, So do you believe the following verse is null and void?

Acts 2:17 ""And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"

No of course not Ronda.  Peter applied it to his days.  John said so as well.  1 John 2:18 ¶  Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

By the way I did not use the phrase Slam Fest,  I have never heard of it nor know what it means.  You need to study the scriptures to see what they actually mean rather than use them to try to justify your preformed ideas.  Be a Berean, see if these things are so.  As to the original post by Eric, I have just been following the thread as it developed I believe.  If I have been guilty of disrailing it, I apologise.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

Interesting answer Ronda, but we are taught that the Holy Spirit will be removed in the tribulatiom.

That is another matter up for interpretation. Some say the Holy Spirit is removed entirely, some say the Holy Spirit will be present but only as in Old Testament times, some say the Holy Spirit will still be present and active but will not be holding back evil as before.

If, as the pre-trib teaching indicates, Christians will be gone I don't know why we argue over this detail.

• Members

Well folks, the "Shemita" is over....and nothing happened.  Read about it here:

Shemita is over---But nothing happened

It would seem that Jonathan Cahn is a false prophet!

A shrewd false prophet who hedged all his bets by every once in awhile saying whatever *might* be coming might not happen on an exact date and could actually occur a few weeks or even months later.

Soooooo, anything major, or that can be made to appear major, happens over the course of the next year or so and he can claim "that's it!". If nothing fits the bill, he can point back to those few times he said he wasn't date setting and it (whatever "it" is) could happen at another time.

Then he will be ready to sell more books to the gullible and live well of the royalties.

• Members

Are you aware and prepared?

Yes Eric. I am.

I am done slamming you. And I no longer am holding this against you brother.

I think you might be regretting making a strong stand as you have done.

I just want to say that the Lord has been working on me about my attitude today, and I know that you are not at fault here.

Yes, nothing happened on the last day of the Shmita. So what. You made a stand on something that you really had a heart for. That is a good trait to have brother.

I have made similar stands before, with failure.

Stand firm friend in the things that remain, and the Lord bless you with strength to fight the good fight of faith.

Hope you read this in the spirit that I mean this.

Russ.

• Members

Yes Eric. I am.

I am done slamming you. And I no longer am holding this against you brother.

I think you might be regretting making a strong stand as you have done.

I just want to say that the Lord has been working on me about my attitude today, and I know that you are not at fault here.

Yes, nothing happened on the last day of the Shmita. So what. You made a stand on something that you really had a heart for. That is a good trait to have brother.

I have made similar stands before, with failure.

Stand firm friend in the things that remain, and the Lord bless you with strength to fight the good fight of faith.

Hope you read this in the spirit that I mean this.

Russ.

I am happy that the stock market only went down 10% in USA. It is down over 20%in 21 other countries. I love you as a brother and wish you well.

• Members

He always said God is not in a box. Nothing has to happen. Jesus said a famine is coming before he comes. Prepare while you can.

Wrong.  He said there will be famines before the temple was destroyed.

Jesus spoke of famines, pestilences and earthquakes in divers places.  Matt 24:7, Mark 13:8, Luke 21:11. Fulfilled.

Acts11: 28  And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar. 29  Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea: 30  Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul.

1 Corr. 16:1 ¶  Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
2  Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
3  And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.
4  And if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me.

Historians also tell of this famine, Suetonius, Tacitus, Josephus.  Eusebius said there was a famine in that time in Rome, Greece and Judea.  Josephus tells of a foreign queen, a convert to Judaism (probably a christian) sending a large amount of aid to Jerusalem.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

He always said God is not in a box. Nothing has to happen. Jesus said a famine is coming before he comes. Prepare while you can.

There have been and continue to be many famines around the world. Jesus never said a specific famine was something to look out for before His return. If a specific famine is required before Christ can return, then His return has not been nor now is imminent.

• Members

The seventh Shemitah has come and passed. The 70th year of Jubilee has begun. It is a year of restoration to and in Israel. Fifty years ago in jubilee Israel fought a war with it's neighbors and captured Jerusalem, the West Bank, the Gaza strip, and other lands. Fifty years before that Israel became a nation in the year of jubilee and fought 7 Arab nations. There were 4 blood moons on Jewish feast days in those jubilees. The 4th blood moon is on September 28th this year. Will there be war again and what will be restored to Israel this jubilee?