• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 7th Shemita is here

• Members

I heard a man recently teaching the Shemitah 'doctrine' and I tell you it is bunk. Putting stock in one man's 'story' about this Shemitah stuff is a bunch of useless teachings used to magnify a 'prophet' of god. If there are others out there teaching it, I have not heard, but Mr. Cahn is a 'seller' of his side of a story. The so-called blood moon theory is bunk too.

IMO, and A2TB.

Look at the list of historical facts....and that list is partial.  The historical facts of natural disasters, hurricanes and out of season wildfires...calamities that fell on America repeatedly within 24 hrs of treaties and agreements pushed by the US forcing Israel to compromise with it's enemies......
You are burying your head in the sand.  It is so obvious that God is warning of coming judgement you have to be blind not to see it.

I don't care about Cahn.  I'm simply looking at the facts and God's hand in it, His warning for America, is obvious....and the pattern of events coinciding with the Shemitahs is historic fact as well.  I honestly hope I'm wrong and nothing serious happens on the 28th or 29th of Semptember this year but regardless, the world is obviously on the verge of exploding and America is obviously on the verge of collapse and decline into fascism.  The US constitution is pretty much meaningless now and our country is not the country that was founded on the Constitution.  The US dollar will probably be gone soon as we are spending ourselves into oblivion, and it won't take much of a terrorist sponsored attack or event on US soil to plunge us into chaos.

On one end we have survivalists who see the facts and the warnings from God and they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to prepare to survive in the future regardless of Jesus saying not to worry about the future.

On the other hand, we have people who are incapable of looking at the historical facts and seeing the clear warning of judgement coming from God and I believe they are incapable of discussing those warnings because they are afraid their future won't be the fat happy Christian comfortable life they enjoyed for decades while they sat in their pews and let the ungodlies  throw God under the bus in America.

Me, I acknowledge God's warning and am happy to see He is involved in current events (thought it still grieves me when lives are lost to militant Islam like the 3000 on 9/11...I tried to join the Army after that event so I could get on the front lines and hunt Osama Bin Laden but was told I was too old at 42 then)  and I look forward to seeing Jesus face to face before or after God's judgment falls on America, before or after the Seventh Shemitah.....

I simply decided I'm going to trust the Lord no matter how severe the oppression and persecution of Christians may become if He leaves me in this world long enough to see it....and I'm not afraid to look at the obvious signs warning of judgment to come, and the historical facts of huge events occurring coinciding with the Shemitahs....I really hope the days around the next Shemitah are days like today, no ISIS bombs in the street, no dirty nukes or EMPs or collapse of the dollar or anything like that...just sunshine and birds singing all day....but I think that is obviously a pipe dream view of the future.  Violence against Christians is on the rise and we better have our hearts right when it comes so we find grace from God to obey Him no matter how we are persecuted, and to never deny His name and His salvation.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

Look at the list of historical facts....and that list is partial.  The historical facts of natural disasters, hurricanes and out of season wildfires...calamities that fell on America repeatedly within 24 hrs of treaties and agreements pushed by the US forcing Israel to compromise with it's enemies......You are burying your head in the sand.  It is so obvious that God is warning of coming judgement you have to be blind not to see it.

I don't care about Cahn.  I'm simply looking at the facts and God's hand in it, His warning for America, is obvious....and the pattern of events coinciding with the Shemitahs is historic fact as well.  I honestly hope I'm wrong and nothing serious happens on the 28th or 29th of Semptember this year but regardless, the world is obviously on the verge of exploding and America is obviously on the verge of collapse and decline into fascism.  The US constitution is pretty much meaningless now and our country is not the country that was founded on the Constitution.  The US dollar will probably be gone soon as we are spending ourselves into oblivion, and it won't take much of a terrorist sponsored attack or event on US soil to plunge us into chaos.

On one end we have survivalists who see the facts and the warnings from God and they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to prepare to survive in the future regardless of Jesus saying not to worry about the future.

On the other hand, we have people who are incapable of looking at the historical facts and seeing the clear warning of judgement coming from God and I believe they are incapable of discussing those warnings because they are afraid their future won't be the fat happy Christian comfortable life they enjoyed for decades while they sat in their pews and let the ungodlies  throw God under the bus in America.

Have you a personal source to check Cahns historical facts and a proper calendar of years AND checked them yourself to get the exact Shemitah dates?

Probably not.

I think you would be embarrassed to find out his inaccuracies and errors on his dates.

Are you aware and prepared?

I am ready for the Lord's return, but not a Shemitah lie nor a false prophets message from a god.

Any irony here - Cahn=Con?

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members

I heard a man recently teaching the Shemitah 'doctrine' and I tell you it is bunk. Putting stock in one man's 'story' about this Shemitah stuff is a bunch of useless teachings used to magnify a 'prophet' of god. If there are others out there teaching it, I have not heard, but Mr. Cahn is a 'seller' of his side of a story. The so-called blood moon theory is bunk too.

IMO, and A2TB.

The quotes aren't even KJV that refer to the 'prophecy' out of Daschle's mouth -

"I know that there is only the smallest measure of inspiration that can be taken from this devastation. But there is a passage in the Bible from Isaiah that I think speaks to us all at times like this: ‘The bricks have fallen down, but we will rebuild with dressed stone; the fig [or sycamore] trees have been felled, but we will replace them with cedars.'" [Isaiah 9:10[p.117]

Compare the KJV The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.

I didn't need Cahn to tell me God was warning American in response to Bush pressuring Israel for a big peace deal, and I didn't need Cahn to tell me that when I watched our national leaders on the news twice quoting that passage in Isaiah which was words of defiance against the warning signs God sent to His people, it was bad and bad was an understatement.  I knew the basics of the whole thing as I watched it unfolding on the news.  It was obvious that America was provoking God by pressuring Israel to compromise with it's enemies, it was obvious the God allowed the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagons hours before that deal was to be signed, it was obvious God was displeased with America and warning her....and then I watched those idiots on TV quoting that passage of defiance from Isaiah, a passage I knew then was Israel shaking it's fist toward it's enemies when in reality is was shaking it's fist toward God who was warning Israel to repent or face much more severe judgment...our national leaders doing the exact same thing......

and now I know much more about the facts of the things that happened when and after the Towers were hit and fell.....those FACTS read like a story in the Bible only it's real in current events, God warning America.  I never needed Cahn or his Shemita calendar to know what was happening...it was way to obvious, just amazed me how people didn't seem to see it on the days it was happening and it still amazes me how people try to deny it now.  God is warning of judgment if there is not repentance and most Christians are too fat and happy on the internet in their cozy homes to care....sitting around telling everybody what smart and great Christians they are when we should all be on our knees fasting and praying before our freedom to do so is taken away.

And I don't care which version you use or which was quoted by the ungodly leaders who shook their fists in God's face defying Him as the declared they would stand proud against fleshly enemies and not offer repentance toward God for killing millions of babies and pushing sodomite marriage and all the rest of their ungodly wickedness......

Our leaders followed that passage in Isaiah in defiance of God, did exactly the same as the Jews did, not repenting but provoking God more and more until they were carried away to Babylon.....they went up into the New York quarry and cut new stones for the cornerstone/foundation to rebuild at ground zero and did it with a big pompous ceremony smacking God's face again

Have you a personal source to check Cahns historical facts and a proper calendar of years AND checked them yourself to get the exact Shemitah dates?

Probably not.

I think you would be embarrassed to find out his inaccuracies and errors on his dates.

I am ready for the Lord's return, but not a Shemitah lie nor a false prophets message from a god.

Any irony here - Cahn=Con?

are you even reading my posts?  I think you have a Cahn fetish.

I don't care if Cahns shemitah calendar is correct or not, it doesn't matter...if he is correct, it is highly significant and if not, the historical facts remain obvious that God is warning America and I saw that for myself as it was unfolding on the news in real time long before you or I ever heard of Cahn.

All this "smear Cahn" garbage is childish attempts to ignore the fact that God is warning America.  I have looked at the Shemita calendars and the reasonings of those who say Cahn is wrong on the calendar and it DOES NOT MATTER.  God is warning America with or without Cahn.

Why in the world do you have to go on and on and on saying nothing but Cahn false prophet and Shemita Lie?  You sound like a broken record....like your brain is stuck because you are afraid to get out of your rut.  Again, for about the tenth time since you seem to be having difficulty reading my posts and responding on an adult level, I am aware of Cahn's heresies and the controversies of his "shemitah calendars".  I am not a Cahn follower or promoter, but he is right in saying God is warning America.  I think people like you are simply jealous of people like Cahn who succeeded in gaining fame by pointing out facts.  The man teaches heresies and has to answer for God in the matter, and I would not want to be in his shoes that day....

The facts remain.  God is warning America.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

I didn't need Cahn to tell me God was warning American in response to Bush pressuring Israel for a big peace deal, and I didn't need Cahn to tell me that when I watched our national leaders on the news twice quoting that passage in Isaiah which was words of defiance against the warning signs God sent to His people, it was bad and bad was an understatement.  I knew the basics of the whole thing as I watched it unfolding on the news.  It was obvious that America was provoking God by pressuring Israel to compromise with it's enemies, it was obvious the God allowed the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagons hours before that deal was to be signed, it was obvious God was displeased with America and warning her....and then I watched those idiots on TV quoting that passage of defiance from Isaiah, a passage I knew then was Israel shaking it's fist toward it's enemies when in reality is was shaking it's fist toward God who was warning Israel to repent or face much more severe judgment...our national leaders doing the exact same thing......

and now I know much more about the facts of the things that happened when and after the Towers were hit and fell.....those FACTS read like a story in the Bible only it's real in current events, God warning America.  I never needed Cahn or his Shemita calendar to know what was happening...it was way to obvious, just amazed me how people didn't seem to see it on the days it was happening and it still amazes me how people try to deny it now.  God is warning of judgment if there is not repentance and most Christians are too fat and happy on the internet in their cozy homes to care....sitting around telling everybody what smart and great Christians they are when we should all be on our knees fasting and praying before our freedom to do so is taken away.

And I don't care which version you use or which was quoted by the ungodly leaders who shook their fists in God's face defying Him as the declared they would stand proud against fleshly enemies and not offer repentance toward God for killing millions of babies and pushing sodomite marriage and all the rest of their ungodly wickedness......

Our leaders followed that passage in Isaiah in defiance of God, did exactly the same as the Jews did, not repenting but provoking God more and more until they were carried away to Babylon.....they went up into the New York quarry and cut new stones for the cornerstone/foundation to rebuild at ground zero and did it with a big pompous ceremony smacking God's face again

are you even reading my posts?  I think you have a Cahn fetish.

I don't care if Cahns shemitah calendar is correct or not, it doesn't matter...if he is correct, it is highly significant and if not, the historical facts remain obvious that God is warning America and I saw that for myself as it was unfolding on the news in real time long before you or I ever heard of Cahn.

All this "smear Cahn" garbage is childish attempts to ignore the fact that God is warning America.  I have looked at the Shemita calendars and the reasonings of those who say Cahn is wrong on the calendar and it DOES NOT MATTER.  God is warning America with or without Cahn.

Why in the world do you have to go on and on and on saying nothing but Cahn false prophet and Shemita Lie?  You sound like a broken record....like your brain is stuck because you are afraid to get out of your rut.

That's a definite 'no' then. You have no idea if the shemitah schedule is  even real, yet you will follow a teaching like this, and I know Cahn has nothing to do with what you believe... I know...

• Members

That's a definite 'no' then. You have no idea if the shemitah schedule is  even real, yet you will follow a teaching like this, and I know Cahn has nothing to do with what you believe... I know...

I'm not following a teaching other than the Bible which clearly teaches God deals with nations according to how they treat Israel.   I watched the events on the news when they were happening and I knew what was happening probably before Cahn did.  I didn't need any Shemita stuff then to see it and I don't need it now.  America was provoking God by pressuring Israel, and He allowed America to by hit by Israel's enemies.   America's leaders quoted the same defiance against God's warning as the Jews did in Isaiah 9 and they provoked God by so doing and have not repented and God is warning of the serious answer He is going to give them if they don't repent and start fearing God again.

What in the world are you following?  The insides of your eyelids?

• Members

For the third of fifth time, yes I have looked at the opposing views which say Cahn's calendar and dating of Jewish events is wrong.

For crying out loud, do you have to keep making false accusations, ignoring what I say, and then argue against your own invented argument?

I have looked at both sides regarding Cahn's shemitahs and because of the severity and significance of events, the twenty or forty or so that I have listed in previous posts, I lean toward accepting Cahn's interpretation of the Shemitah calendar but even if he is wrong, it DOES NOT MATTER.  God is clearly warning America, the historical events read like a book in the Bible and if you can't see God's hand in the things that are happening I think you are willfully ignorant.

I do not recommend that anybody worry or become obsessed about it like many survivalists do, and I do not recommend that we ignore the warnings God is sending although if a born-again believer chooses to ignore them that's fine with me.  It just bugs me when those Christians act like they are holier than me as they try to tell me that they are living by faith as if I am not.  The argument just seems to be so childish and degrading and I have walked away from it many times, and used it as a witnessing tool many times, and many times have enjoyed wonderful fellowship with like-minded believers who with me joyfully expect the Lord to return and any moment and are prepared to endure any suffering knowing the joy that lies ahead for us.

• Members

I'm not following a teaching other than the Bible which clearly teaches God deals with nations according to how they treat Israel.   I watched the events on the news when they were happening and I knew what was happening probably before Cahn did.  I didn't need any Shemita stuff then to see it and I don't need it now.  America was provoking God by pressuring Israel, and He allowed America to by hit by Israel's enemies.   America's leaders quoted the same defiance against God's warning as the Jews did in Isaiah 9 and they provoked God by so doing and have not repented and God is warning of the serious answer He is going to give them if they don't repent and start fearing God again.

Who or what is "Israel" in these new covenant in Jesus' blood days? Obviously not the country that claims the name, but totally rejects the Messiah, the LORD Jesus Christ. 

• Members

During WWII the Japanese could not muster a military force large enough to land and sustain a sizable invasion of America. They also didn't have the logistical capability of supplying an invasion force after landing.

The Chinese have a far larger population and military manpower than did the Japanese. Once the Chinese reach their naval goals in a few years they will have a Pacific fleet large enough and modern enough to equal or best the American Pacific fleet.

Also, during WWII it was still legal for Americans to own many military grade/style weapons which today are illegal. Japanese carrying their rifles to attack Americans armed with their own rifles, as well as machine guns and other weapons would have faced serious resistance besides what the American military would have confronted them with. Chinese invading today with machine guns, rocket launchers, mortars, and armor machines of war would have a great advantage over Americans carrying a .22 rifle, a single shot hunting rifle, even a semi-auto AK-47 with a limited clip.

A Chinese invasion of the west coast at some point in this century is likely. This especially so since the Chinese have already said they are prepared to do such upon the internal collapse of America (which they expect to come this century). They already claim Chinese living in America and Canada to be colonists and when they invade it will be done under the claim of protecting their colonists.

In such a situation as the internal collapse of America we could also likely expect an invasion from Mexico, "to protect their people", while laying claim to what portion they could grab and hold.

At the same time, it would be likely a UN force would be sent into certain portions of America as "peacekeepers" in order to make sure the "right" side or group has an advantage over the "wrong" ones.

Many would be eager to get their hands on whatever portion of America they could.

• Members

If God wants a country overthrown, it doesn't matter what size army or how good their arms are.

That's very true. Prior to WWII really kicking off the French army was one of the largest, most feared. Even the German high command didn't think their forces were large enough or prepared enough to face the French. As we now know, the smaller German forces took France with relative ease.

Upon first look it would seem as if America should have been able to quickly defeat the North Vietnamese but we know that didn't happen.

We come up with plans but it's the Lord that controls the outcome.

• Members

The Vietnamese were defending their country, so had extra reason to fight.  The US were fighting a foreign war to prop up a corrupt and brutal Roman Catholic dictatorship.  The UK, on paper should have lost the war before the US got involved.  I was seven when the war ended, and I remember the German bombers flying over.  I can remember my mum saying when aircraft flew overhead, "That's one of ours." or "That's one of theirs." just from the sound of their engines.  She said later, "If Hitler knew how weak we were, he would have come."  In spite of Churchill's "We will fight them on the beaches." speech.   The Luftwaffe had been bombing the RAF airfields to try to destroy the RAF' capability to defend our country.  (We lived about a mile from a fighter base, so we saw some of the action.)   What saved us was a German bomber dropping a bomb on London.  The RAF bombed Berlin in retaliation.  This so incensed Hitler that he changed his targets to English cities.  This enabled us to build up the RAF.

• Members

I also follow the scriptures, and I know that when Israel was in their land centuries ago, God never took care of them and destroyed their enemies when they were disobedient and unbelieving. Why would he now. God does not fight for the hateful followers of Judaism, nor does he affect 'Israel's' enemies for being against them when 'Israel' is in a lost state as they are now. No matter who is in the land right now, Jews or one's who call themselves Jews but aren't, they are not followers of the Lord. That makes them not his chosen. And since there is not a Christian nation on the Earth right now, God defends no people but his. And his people are called sons of the Living God. We know them as born-again Christians.

• Members

I also follow the scriptures, and I know that when Israel was in their land centuries ago, God never took care of them and destroyed their enemies when they were disobedient and unbelieving. Why would he now. God does not fight for the hateful followers of Judaism, nor does he affect 'Israel's' enemies for being against them when 'Israel' is in a lost state as they are now. No matter who is in the land right now, Jews or one's who call themselves Jews but aren't, they are not followers of the Lord. That makes them not his chosen. And since there is not a Christian nation on the Earth right now, God defends no people but his. And his people are called sons of the Living God. We know them as born-again Christians.

Absolutely,

God called Nebuchadnezzar "My servant" when he called him to destroy Jerusalem.

Edited by Invicta
Spelling

• Members

And why don't people pay attention to how the Lord blessed America for supporting 'Israel' Jews?

We lost Korean War.

We lost Vietnam War.

We took the Bible and prayer out of schools.

We legalized abortion.

Our Presidents lie.

The list goes on!

So please, tell me how the Lord blesses those that support 'Israel'?

Oh! Wait! I know! The times we were in disobedience to supporting 'Israel' are when these things happened, right?

Then what blessings were there when we did support the lost nation of 'Israel'?

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members

America does not need any foreign power invading it to assure America's destruction.  America's destruction is being assured by it's own citizens. . . . the few who control the government and the many who vote for the leaders the powerful recommend to the voters. The few who run things are not Americans at heart they are citizens of the world. They have many places they will run to when the nation falls.  

They are such arrogant fools.  They forget that God said in so many words "You can run but you can't hide."                                                                                                         Job 34:21-22  "For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings.  There is no darkness, nor shadow of death, where the workers of iniquity may hide themselves."  KJV

Edited by ThePilgrim