• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 7th Shemita is here

• Administrators

cliche'....it's simply observing what is happening, not seeking a sign for proof of faith of the Lord's return or anything like that.  This kind of response is a cheap general insult taking a whole scriptures out of context and putting combining them for some strange reason.

In case you didn't notice Saintnow, These were not cliche's, they were Scriptures. The strange reason might just be because "some" Christians do "seek after signs".

I am sorry if you were insulted, but the Scriptures I provided were not out of context. The context of this thread was the Shemita, and how some saw it as a "sign" that the Rapture was soon to follow.

If you were insulted I am sure that with the Lord's help you will get over it. After all, I didn't write it to purposely insult you.

Edited by Jim_Alaska
edited for spelling

• Members

In Matthew 24 Jesus makes it clear His return will be sudden, with nothing going on beforehand to signal He's about to show up. We are called to be faithfully living for Christ each day so when Christ does return we will be found in such a way.

Some will slack off and they will get caught up in things other than what Christ has called us to.

The rest of the world will simply be going about their lives as usual, oblivious to anything concerning Christ.

Most of the world will not be ready for His return but when He does return, we will all be impacted.

• Members

In Matthew 24 Jesus makes it clear His return will be sudden, with nothing going on beforehand to signal He's about to show up. We are called to be faithfully living for Christ each day so when Christ does return we will be found in such a way.

Some will slack off and they will get caught up in things other than what Christ has called us to.Like the foolish virgins

The rest of the world will simply be going about their lives as usual, oblivious to anything concerning Christ.

Most of the world will not be ready for His return but when He does return, we will all be impacted.

• Members

all the pomp about "thou shalt not seek a sign" is misplaced.  This is only about observing recent natural and historical events which strongly indicate that God is giving clear warnings of coming judgment.  When people go off changing it into a debate about trying to pinpoint the day of the Lord's return I just about want to puke.  I don't know of anybody who has tried to name a date or use current events as proofs of the time of the Lord's return.  He could come back before you read this post and then you know you were never born again because I will be gone and you will be reading this.  That's not the topic.

Really, I think people who are afraid to admit God is giving warnings are simply afraid it's true and prefer to keep their head buried in the sand saying "I live by faith, no by sight".

I enjoy watching things day by day lining up more and more for the fulfillment of end-times prophecy.  It is a strong witnessing tool to many who will not listen to any other approach.  I was talking to a couple guys today, one is an atheist or existentialist who will not listen (yet) to the gospel or any warnings about Hell.  Both of those guy listened and discussed things in light of Muslim terrorist attacks in America.  They listened well as I explained the Biblical roots of the current hatred of Islamists against Israel.  I believe some seeds got planted there that could not be planted any other way.  I witnessed to both of them before, but they never seemed to listen so much as when they realized Biblical rooted conflicts could hit them personally now. 

Christians have been asleep, retreated into their churches and televangelism and Christian radio programs...and Christian websites...and God is sending wake up calls.  I doubt we will turn back tides of judgment that are rising, but if the Lord tarries we sure can do something better for him than to have stupid little arguments about signs.

• Members

Atheists certainly will agree with all of the "I see no signs from God because there are no signs from God" Christians

Why do people try to make  nonsense  out of history  or current events when they are trying to deny that  God sends warnings before executing severe judgment when He prefers that people repent so He can show mercy? God is clearly warning America and the world, and any Christian who can't (or won't) see the signs is in my book half or more asleep....or just hiding in fear of Bugs Bunny and the rest of the cartoon world's opinions.

Again, people who pompously say "I'm a more mature and better Christian than you because I deny God's usage of current events as warnings or His judgment or endorsements of His blessings" need to find a better horse to ride.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

There are no more signs today than there have been in previous years such as during the days of Hitler.

Germany was being ungodly and God gave them signs warning of Hitler.....gave the whole world signs and they were ignored...until Hitler invaded Poland and people started to wake up and pay attention.   There were plenty of signs of what Hitler's intentions were as he rose to power, and there are plenty of signs of judgment coming on America.  I know a woman who was in Germany as Hitler rose to power, and she is pretty much losing her mind now as she sees the same things happening in America that happened as the Nazi's and Hitler took power in Germany.  "No more sign's" meaning, who cares, is just plain burying your head in the sand and not looking out the window pretending there is no new Hitler coming.

Go ahead and ignore the signs if you want to. 

No signs, no signs, no signs....Arrrggghhh

why are Christians so afraid to acknowledge that God is warning us of judgment that is coming if Jesus does not take us out of here first?

• Members

Are you aware and prepared?

so what do you think is going to happen coinciding with the Seventh Shemita?  I think it's going to be and economic collapse due to the collapse of the dollar or the fall of the dollar from being the world standard currency....or maybe a large and intense middle east war.......or maybe some kind of cyber attack from China that causes US economic collapse, or disruption of transportation and food supplies...or a dirty nuke or EMP attack.  Christians have surrendered America to the ungodly, and God is going to take away the freedoms that Christian enjoyed when the laws showed some fear of God.

I am certainly aware, and fully prepared......not prepared for survival in this world because there is no such thing; this world is temporary and cannot be survived by sinners (though I do intend to have enough food to get through the winter if things fall apart, and sure ways to keep warm if the power is gone out for long days in winter).  I'm fully prepared because my sins are forgiven and I am going to heaven and do not fear any fiery trials.

• Members

Germany was being ungodly and God gave them signs warning of Hitler.....gave the whole world signs and they were ignored...until Hitler invaded Poland and people started to wake up and pay attention.   There were plenty of signs of what Hitler's intentions were as he rose to power, and there are plenty of signs of judgment coming on America.  I know a woman who was in Germany as Hitler rose to power, and she is pretty much losing her mind now as she sees the same things happening in America that happened as the Nazi's and Hitler took power in Germany.  "No more sign's" meaning, who cares, is just plain burying your head in the sand and not looking out the window pretending there is no new Hitler coming.

Go ahead and ignore the signs if you want to. 

No signs, no signs, no signs....Arrrggghhh

why are Christians so afraid to acknowledge that God is warning us of judgment that is coming if Jesus does not take us out of here first?

Hitler was a RC and was put in power by the RCC.  He never won an election, just got enough seats for the Pope to order the Catolic party to vote him as Chancelor, then ordered the Catholic Party, the Zentrum, to disband. Hitler's deputy, Franz von Pappen  was the Pope's Chamberlain.  After the war von Pappen should have been executed as a war criminal but the Pope got him off and gave him a top job in the Vatican.  Is the Pope behind the events in America?  The EU, the fourth Reich, is gaining by stealth what the third Reich, The Kaiser, Napoleon and Charlemagne tried by war.  

Edited by Invicta

• Members

so what do you think is going to happen coinciding with the Seventh Shemita?  I think it's going to be and economic collapse due to the collapse of the dollar or the fall of the dollar from being the world standard currency....or maybe a large and intense middle east war.......or maybe some kind of cyber attack from China that causes US economic collapse, or disruption of transportation and food supplies...or a dirty nuke or EMP attack.  Christians have surrendered America to the ungodly, and God is going to take away the freedoms that Christian enjoyed when the laws showed some fear of God.

I am certainly aware, and fully prepared......not prepared for survival in this world because there is no such thing; this world is temporary and cannot be survived by sinners (though I do intend to have enough food to get through the winter if things fall apart, and sure ways to keep warm if the power is gone out for long days in winter).  I'm fully prepared because my sins are forgiven and I am going to heaven and do not fear any fiery trials.

The 4th blood moon will be a super blood moon over Jerusalem in September. If I were Iran, I would be watching the sky! If Israel attacks Iran, I expect the terrorist cells in America to be turned loose to attack our power grid.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Hitler was a RC and was put in power by the RCC.  He never won an election, just got enough seats for the Pope to order the Catolic party to vote him as Chancelor, then ordered the Catholic Party, the Zentrum, to disband. Hitler's deputy, Franz von Pappen  was the Pope's Chamberlain.  After the war von Pappen should have been executed as a war criminal but the Pope got him off and gave him a top job in the Vatican.  Is the Pope behind the events in America?  The EU, the fourth Reich, is gaining by stealth what the third Reich, The Kaiser, Napoleon and Charlemagne tried by war.  

and anybody who observed the warning signs of Hitler's intentions, rise to power, and actions was wicked and like the foolish virgins who required a sign to believe in God.  Anybody who sees signs from God in current events needs to repent and learn to live by faith and not by sight.  People need to watch Elmer Fudd more and read the newspapers less, and live by faith like Yosemite Sam.

The 4th blood moon will be a supper blood moon over Jerusalem in September. If I were Iran, I would be watching the sky! If Israel attacks Iran, I expect the terrorist cells in America to be turned loose to attack our power grid.

yeah....and if nothing happens during that blood moon, so what?  Jesus is coming back soon...the signs of the times are obviously speaking God's warning of coming severe judgments on the world.  Jesus said "when all these things begin to come to pass..." pardon any verbatim misquote, it's from memory.....there is nothing wrong with observing the happenings of current events and seeing God's hand in allowing or constraining evils as warnings from God.  

The list of events which occurred within 24 hrs of land for peace deals being pushed on Israel, natural disasters and the 9/11 attacks included, is astounding.  God has always judged nations according to how they treat Israel and the Jews, and will until Jesus Christ rules the nations in person and the curse is lifted.  The stock market crash of 7 percent, 777 points, exactly.........clearly God is warning America and Christians in America have been hiding like cowards in their Christian clubhouse circles  while the ungodly have provoked God to prove His concern about a nation founded as dedicated to God who has cast Him out from ruling over them.

I never needed any "signs" to believe God's word, and never will....but to me, ignoring the obvious signs warning of coming judgment is just plain chicken.

A side note...I think "survivalists" are foolish.  When God's judgment falls, having a stockpile of food or weapons won't help.  The just shall live by faith, always have and always will.  When God's judgment falls on fat, happy, content, comfortable and proud people who claim to be Christians, we will see the proof of their faith.  Talk is cheap.   When faced with torture or death or concentration camps as the price of faith, then we will see who really "lives by faith".  I sure hope Jesus comes back first or calls me home before the chaos breaks out, but if I'm here to go through it I plan on praising the Lord just the same.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

it would not take much to cripple US armed forces enough so that a couple boatloads of Chinese could storm the Pacific beach and march right across the country as our new overlords bringing "safety" and "order"

During world war two the Japs said they could not invade the American main land because there would be a gun behind every blade of grass. That is still true!

and anybody who observed the warning signs of Hitler's intentions, rise to power, and actions was wicked and like the foolish virgins who required a sign to believe in God.  Anybody who sees signs from God in current events needs to repent and learn to live by faith and not by sight.  People need to watch Elmer Fudd more and read the newspapers less, and live by faith like Yosemite Sam.

yeah....and if nothing happens during that blood moon, so what?  Jesus is coming back soon...the signs of the times are obviously speaking God's warning of coming severe judgments on the world.  Jesus said "when all these things begin to come to pass..." pardon any verbatim misquote, it's from memory.....there is nothing wrong with observing the happenings of current events and seeing God's hand in allowing or constraining evils as warnings from God.  

The list of events which occurred within 24 hrs of land for peace deals being pushed on Israel, natural disasters and the 9/11 attacks included, is astounding.  God has always judged nations according to how they treat Israel and the Jews, and will until Jesus Christ rules the nations in person and the curse is lifted.  The stock market crash of 7 percent, 777 points, exactly.........clearly God is warning America and Christians in America have been hiding like cowards in their Christian clubhouse circles  while the ungodly have provoked God to prove His concern about a nation founded as dedicated to God who has cast Him out from ruling over them.

I never needed any "signs" to believe God's word, and never will....but to me, ignoring the obvious signs warning of coming judgment is just plain chicken.

A side note...I think "survivalists" are foolish.  When God's judgment falls, having a stockpile of food or weapons won't help.  The just shall live by faith, always have and always will.  When God's judgment falls on fat, happy, content, comfortable and proud people who claim to be Christians, we will see the proof of their faith.  Talk is cheap.   When faced with torture or death or concentration camps as the price of faith, then we will see who really "lives by faith".  I sure hope Jesus comes back first or calls me home before the chaos breaks out, but if I'm here to go through it I plan on praising the Lord just the same.

Do you have car insurance? Do you have earthquake insurance? Do you have food insurance? If you don't provide for you family you are worse than an infidel 1 Timothy 5:8.

• Members

the only people who seem to be trying to tie the Lord's return to the 7th Shemitah are those who accuse others of doing it when those others have done nothing of the sort.  This is a pitifully childish tactic of people who want to silence discussion...accuse the other person of saying something they never said and then argue against that point repeatedly and act like you are being disagreed with when you are not being disagreed with at all as you try to take the thread in a direction to satisfy your own need to feel right....or whatever it is that makes you afraid to discuss facts.

nobody said anything other than that the Lord could return at any moment before or after the Seventh Shemitah.  If you are too schicken to look at the fact of events that astoundingly indicate God is warning America and the world of coming severe judgment, just say "I'm afraid to talk about that stuff, it bothers me to think I might not be fat, happy, comfortable, as I live by faith if the Lord tarries beyond the Seventh Shemita and the world falls into chaos and American culture and economy collapse and a fascist government persecutes Christian and treats its populace like Hitler treated Germany and the Jews.

During world war two the Japs said they could not invade the American main land because there would be a gun behind every blade of grass. That is still true!

Do you have car insurance? Do you have earthquake insurance? Do you have food insurance? If you don't provide for you family you are worse than an infidel 1 Timothy 5:8.

If you think you can provide for your family when soldiers and tanks are at your door confiscating food and weapon stockpiles, go ahead and keep on stockpiling.  To say I'm not providing for my family and am worse than an infidel if I don't stockpile survival food and gear like a scared chicken maniac is silly.  This is why a lot of people fight so hard against discussing the obvious warnings that God is giving of His judgment falling when He always prefers to show mercy if people will turn to Him and seek Him rather than provoke Him with rebellion.  People don't want to live in a panic trying to gear up for survival...generally.  I know a lot of people who live that way and always try to push it on others and try to get them to join....and that's why a lot of people will not discuss the recent historical events and the upcoming Shemitah and  they do nothing but whine about following signs.

It's not about following signs, as a survivalist, it's about trusting in your own plans and strength rather than trusting in the Lord.  Survivalism has a religious fervor about it and it is a skewed brand of faith focusing too much on fear of the future rather than trusting and obeying the Lord  through the present and through whatever trials the future may or may not bring.

You don't remember Jesus saying "

(Luke 12:22-34)

25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Worry and fear are sin.  Survivalism is based on worry and fear.  It is a tangent that has gone off the deep end away from living by faith.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

I heard a man recently teaching the Shemitah 'doctrine' and I tell you it is bunk. Putting stock in one man's 'story' about this Shemitah stuff is a bunch of useless teachings used to magnify a 'prophet' of god. If there are others out there teaching it, I have not heard, but Mr. Cahn is a 'seller' of his side of a story. The so-called blood moon theory is bunk too.

IMO, and A2TB.

The quotes aren't even KJV that refer to the 'prophecy' out of Daschle's mouth -

"I know that there is only the smallest measure of inspiration that can be taken from this devastation. But there is a passage in the Bible from Isaiah that I think speaks to us all at times like this: ‘The bricks have fallen down, but we will rebuild with dressed stone; the fig [or sycamore] trees have been felled, but we will replace them with cedars.'" [Isaiah 9:10] [p.117]

Compare the KJV The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.

Edited by Genevanpreacher