• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation Bible Study.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Alan said:

The prophet Ezekiel is very explicit in what will happen when the Jews are gathered by into the land of Israel. The gathering of Israel, by God Himself, not the United Nations, have specific benchmarks that are literal, observable, definite, spiritual, physical, emotional, unmistakable, and definable.

It has always been amazing to me that anyone can mistake theĀ "partial" return of Jews to Israel in 1948 for the total restoration of Israel as prophesied by Ezekiel. As Bro. Alan has said, there will be, "specific benchmarks that are literal, observable, definite, spiritual, physical, emotional, unmistakable, and definable."

It is glaringly plain that none of these benchmarks exist at this time and are yet future.

Thank you for this fine study Bro. Alan, it puts the restoration of Israel in its proper perspective.

• Members

God made sure that the prophets, such as Ezekiel, gave definite, observable signs in their prophecies in order to let the Jews, and us, know when a prophecy was fulfilled. In the case of Ezekiel 28:24-26, none of the prophecies of Ezekiel has been fulfilled at any time. For an individual to state, as Mauro did, that it is an apparent contradiction, and fundamentalists (he says fundamentalists in other sections of his book), have been mis-lead in thinking it is a future prophecy, is in total error. For Mauro to state that the prophecies given to Jacob was fulfilled in Joshua's era, and then for God to state it is still future; that is more than a contradiction. It means that Mauro is a false teacher and that preterism is a false belief.

Edited by Alan
grammer

• Members

Brethren,

I felt that this section on, ā€œThe Gathering Or Restoration Or Regeneration of Israel is the Same Kingdom,ā€ would help explain further the prophecy of Ezekiel 28:24-26 and how it is a direct reference to the 1,000 year reign of Christ. It may also help explain on how some of the terminology of the Old Testament prophets tie together. Throughout these studies on the prophesies of the Old Testament prophets I have tried to concentrate on the detailed information that are observable, literal, and have not been fulfilled up to our time, that can only be fulfilled during the Millennium. In this section, I wanted to give you some terminology for the same event.

Alan

The Gathering Or Restoration Or Regeneration of Israel is the Same Kingdom

In Lesson # 15, Part 1 and 2, I had previously gone in great detail concerning the observable topographical changes in the land of Israel, the observable changes in the water courses in Israel, the literal and observable crop changes in the land of Israel, the literal vessels used in the Temple worship, observance of the Feasts of the Law of Moses, and the physical battles pertaing to the prophecies of Zechariah coinciding with the appropriate passages in Revelation. All of these observable changes are detailed, observable, physical, and literal. These changes are not allegorical nor symbolic in any way.

In the gathering, and restoration, of the kingdom to the nation of Israel, the prophet Zechariah, in Zechariah 14:4-21, prophesied that the King would sit on the throne of his glory in Jerusalem

Zechariah 14:9, ā€œAnd the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.ā€

Zechariah 14:16, ā€œAnd it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.ā€ ā€œ ā€¦ worship the king...ā€ This is a obvious reference to the Lord Jesus Christ as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORD's as the Jews never did worship David as King, nor will they worship David when he is resurrected and reign as the prince and king as Ezekiel prophesied in Ezekiel 44:3; 46:2 and Jeremiah 30:9

Matthew 19:28, ā€œAnd Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, that ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.ā€ This is a direct reference to the time of the restoration of the kingdom to Israel as referenced by the Apostles in Acts 1:6, ā€œWhen they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the nation of Israel?ā€ The regeneration and restoration of the kingdom of Israel is one and the same.

The gathering of Israel, or regeneration, or restoration, of the kingdom to Israel, with the king on His throne, will take place in Revelation 20:4-6, ā€œAnd I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.ā€

Edited by Alan
added a phrase

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Brethren,

I am trying to create a chart that gives a visual aid of major passages used thus far in the study of prophecies, and promises, of the Old Testament prophets thatĀ  can only be fulfilled during the reign of Christ on the earth during the Millennium as written in Revelation 20:4-6. Included are some other passages dealing with the Covenant of the patriarchs and the Lord Jesus.

This is my first attempt to ever do a chart on any subject, and created with a computer drawing system, LibreOffice Draw, that I am still learning how to use the program and how to chart the information. So, I am going to consider it a project that will be amended in both format, structure, content, and notes. And, I hope to get some feedback on how to do a better job, listing the passages quoted, and passages I need to change or passages I need to add. I do not consider this chart the end result.

Alan

On October 4, 2017 I uploaded a Revised chart

On October 23, 2017 I uploaded an Expanded chart

image.png.c1fe65122606bc818c8d729b12f81bc7.png

Ā 

Edited by Alan
grammer Revised the chart 10/23/17 note

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Brethren,

I revised the chart on, "Prophetic Covenants, Prophecies & Promises..." that I had previously uploaded on August 31, 2017.

The changes are as follows.

1. Added the word, "fulfilled" in the title of the chart.

2. Changed the coloring format to match the coloring format in the charts found in the Revelation Chapter 19-22 Study.

3. Under "Moses" I added Leviticus 26:40-42 (discussed in Lesson # 16, Part 2).

4. Under "Pre-Babylonian Captivity, I added Amos -15, Jer. 33:7 & 8 and Joel -21: 3:9-17.

5. Under Babylonian Captivity I added 37:1-14

Alan

Edited by Alan
capitalization

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Brethren,

I decided to further expand the previous chart on, "Prophetic Covenants, Prophecies & Promises ..." to include some other passages in the Old Testament and to make the chart more usable. I also decided not to replace the previous one in and effort to make sure that all of us know the changes that were made are clear to us all. If any one would like to discuss any of the changes I would gladly like to do so. The most notable change was the addition of the "Davidic Covenant" section.

image.png.3bc3d95e54b06e496158862f3346e284.png

Chart by Alan

Linux - LibreOffice Draw

Not Copyrighted

Looking forward to any comments, discussion, or thoughts.

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammer

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On ā€Ž10ā€Ž/ā€Ž4ā€Ž/ā€Ž2016 at 8:25 PM, John Young said:

That would be an interesting study. I already have some preliminary thoughts on what I would like to see in the study and maybe I can have one ready to comment on in the next few weeks if time permits. However, if anyone already has a study they can post as a new topic sooner then feel free and I can comment my thoughts.Ā 

Some things I would be interested in seeing in the study would be:

Making the case for Christ being "the word of the Lord"
Whither or not there is a difference between "word of God", "word of the Lord", "word of the Lord God" and other similar descriptions.
The differences between when "the word of the Lord" comes to a person vs when an angel, the spirit of God, or Christ coming.
Also the relationship, if any, between "the word of the Lord"Ā and "Son of Man". In particular in relation to Ezekiel and Christ.
And of course the particular relationship the prophets had with the word of the Lord vs other men in the bible.

John Young,

At the foreseeable future, I am not sure if I can do a separate study on, "The Word of the Lord."

If you still interested in doing a separate study on the, "Word of the Lord," I think you would do a good job and I would be interested in reading your study on the matter.

Alan

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Alan,

Thank you for your comprehensive study and exposition on the Book of Revelation. There are many Christians who are afraid to read Revelation because of the imagery contained within that Book; but we're not to run from the truth, but to embrace it in preparation of Christ's return for His church.

Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. (Revelation 22:7)

One of the reasons as to why we are toĀ keepĀ the sayings of the prophecy of Revelation are because we are those who are eagerly awaiting for their Savior's return for His bride (cf. 3:11; 22:12,20; 1 Thess. 4:17). Jesus said that he will come "quickly" which in the Greek is "tachu" and refers to the imminence of Christ's return. It can happen at any moment.Ā And the imminence of the Rapture should keep us all on our toes to doĀ the Lord's Will for our lives so we can be His wise and faithful servant upon His return. Even with the bowl and other judgments. . .they are there to get the lost to repent, and ends with an invitation to receive the free gift of Salvation.

God Bless,

Daniel

• Members

Daniel,

Thank you for your thoughts concerning the exposition of the book of Revelation (20:4-6 specificly),Ā and prophecies concerning the millennial kingdom.Ā God gave us the book of Revelation so that we know the events of the future. Revelation 1:3 and 22:7 still holds true to all those love the book of Revelation and the prophecies it contains. It is a blessing to read, and study, the book of Revelation. IĀ take great joy in knowingĀ how God is going to fulfill all of His words as written by the prophets. When there is imagery in the scriptures; the scriptures will self-interpretĀ itself. Ā 

Thank you for the thoughts on the coming of Christ as an "imminent" event. Hopefully the Lord will come today.

Alan

• Members
On 12/16/2017 at 2:39 PM, Alan said:

John Young,

At the foreseeable future, I am not sure if I can do a separate study on, "The Word of the Lord."

If you still interested in doing a separate study on the, "Word of the Lord," I think you would do a good job and I would be interested in reading your study on the matter.

Alan

John Young,

When it comes to people saying "The Word of the Lord", "The Word of God, etc.,Ā Ā you'd have to ask them what they mean. Ā As far as these terms in scripture are concerned, they are clearly similar, but it would depend on a specific context. As to Ezekiel, he is called "son of man", whereas Christ is THE "son of man" -- meaning that our Lord is not only a human being (i.e., a "son of man"), but He is THE one and only Son of God who is also a "son of man" -- because He had to become human as well as God in order to bear our sins and save us from condemnation. Christ is thus unique in the human race and paralleled only by Adam -- and only in respect to Adam being unique in being first and the only other man who was without sin . . . temporarily; therefore standing for us in contrast THE perfect Son of Man / Son of God (cf. Rom.5:14-19).

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (1st Corinthians 15:21-22) Ā  Ā  Ā 

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. ( 1st Corinthians 15:45-49)

God Bless,

Daniel

• 2 months later...
  • Members
On 12/16/2017 at 2:39 PM, Alan said:

John Young,

I'm still interested in doing one but I doubt it will be any time soon. I currently still have several other projects I'm working on for church that I have to finish before I can get to It. I will also be working on a larger project on "The Word". Basically how God transmits HisĀ Word by the Spirit to Spirit filled Men who speak and write it down, and how God preserves it for every generation, and how the devil triesĀ to corrupt the Word, how many modern bible versions ignore how God's proper transmission methods,Ā Ā etc. I may integrate the study on the various terms intoĀ that study.

On 1/26/2018 at 6:19 AM, (Omega) said:

John Young,

When it comes to people saying "The Word of the Lord", "The Word of God, etc.,Ā Ā you'd have to ask them what they mean.

The particular study referenced would be how the Bible uses those particular terms rather then how men use them generically.Ā 

• Members
On 7/6/2017 at 8:16 AM, Alan said:

In reviewing the lessons in preparation for formatting into a PDF file, on September 13, 2015 I said, "Lesson # 7: Isaiah 65:17-25 tells us of the increase of longevity and, ā€˜... the wolf and the lamb shall feed together...ā€™ see also Zechariah 8:1-8" But, I failed to comment on, or allow for a discussion on, Zechariah 8:1-8

Ā 

Next week, when I have more time, I will do a lesson on Zechariah 8:1-8. If you have the time, it may help all of us understand the passage better if you read Zechariah 8:1-8 and lesson # 7.

Ā 

Alan

Ā 

P.S.

Lesson # 7 is on Page 4 in this study.

Alan

Ā 

Ā 

Brethren,

I have not forgotten in stating that I will put this study on the prophecies of the Old Testament prophecies and Revelation 20:4-6 into a PDF format. The necessary major work changes in our ministryĀ  have precluded the study, the work, the categorizing the Old Testament prophesies into proper order (as I listed on the charts that were uploaded on August 31, 2017), the sifting through the various lessons in correcting mistakes and adding new lessons on passages of scripture that I failed to mention is a task for which I do not have the time for in this period of our ministry.

I have some of the work accomplished. And, as time goes on I will need to add a few more passages in this study before I finish.

Alan

4 hours ago, John Young said:

I'm still interested in doing one but I doubt it will be any time soon. I currently still have several other projects I'm working on for church that I have to finish before I can get to It. I will also be working on a larger project on "The Word". Basically how God transmits HisĀ Word by the Spirit to Spirit filled Men who speak and write it down, and how God preserves it for every generation, and how the devil triesĀ to corrupt the Word, how many modern bible versions ignore how God's proper transmission methods,Ā Ā etc. I may integrate the study on the various terms intoĀ that study.

The particular study referenced would be how the Bible uses those particular terms rather then how men use them generically.Ā 

John Young,

We are looking forward when you can do the work on, "The Word of the Lord," and the Old Testament prophecies. I am sue that the study will be a blessing to all of us.

Alan

Ā 

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Brethren,

In a private e-mail, I received a request to consider doing some more lessons on prophecies of the Old Testament and Revelation 20:4-6, 'The Millennium.'

I will be doing the next lesson on Jeremiah 23:5-8. It may take me some time though to go back through my previous lessons and double-check if I mentioned anything about Jeremiah 23:5-8.

So, crack open the book of Jeremiah, oil the hinges to the pages, and let's see what kind of discussion we can have in Jeremiah 23:5-8 concerning the reign of the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS on the face of this war weary planet.

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammar

• Members

Jeremiah 23:5-8, ā€œThe Magnitude of the Gathering of the Jewsā€

Ā 

Jeremiah 23:5-8, ā€œBehold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous BRANCH, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; But, the LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the land of north country, and from all the countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.ā€

Ā 

Verse 5 ā€œā€¦ a righteous Branch and a King ...ā€

Ā 

ā€œā€¦ a righteous branch ...ā€ I had previously commented on the Lord Jesus being the BRANCH in my Lesson # 11, ā€œThe BRANCH.ā€ Also, in Lesson # 11, I quoted Jeremiah 23:5-8, and Lesson # 12, Zechariah 8:20-23, as a reference in connection with the Lord Jesus being the BRANCH.

Ā 

In my previous lessons we clearly saw that the Lord Jesus Christ is the 'righteous Branch' and the 'King that shall reign. Now, Jeremiah makes it crystal clear that the 'reign' of the Lord Jesus as King will occur on the earth. The teaching by the Seventh Day Adventist that the reign of Christ in the Millennium is in heaven is a complete falsehood.

Ā 

Verse 6-8 The extent of the gathering of the Israel will exceed the magnitude of the exodus of the nation of Israel out of Egypt.

Ā 

I had previously discussed the borders of the nation of Israel during the Millennial reign of Christ in lesson # 8, Ezekiel 47:13-23, ā€œThe Borders of the Kingdomā€ and ā€œThe Borders of the Kingdom,ā€ and in lesson # 2, ā€œThe Return of Israel to the Promised Land.ā€ In this lesson I will dwell on the aspects of the physical land of Israel on other passages of scripture not mentioned in Lesson # 2, 8, 11 or 12.

Ā 

The Land of Israel

Ā 

ā€œā€¦ and from all the countries whither I had driven them ...ā€ Since 70 A. D., God using the nations of the world, has driven the Jews from the land of Israel.

Ā 

The events of Revelation chapter 6 to chapter 19, the ā€œTribulation Period,ā€ among other reasons, is comparable to the judgment of Egypt on a world-wide scale. As the Lord judged Egypt in order to bring the nation of Israel out of Egypt, so will the Lord will Judge the entire world in order to bring the Jews out of the countries of the world that He has driven them to the land of Israel.

Ā 

From Revelation Chapter 6-19 is a steady stream of judgments, the wrath of God, poured out on the entire world for the deliberate disobedience of the commandments of God as revealed in Exodus, the rejection of the Lord Jesus by the vast majority of the earth, the worship of idolatry on a world-wide scale, and the work of God to return His people, the sons of Jacob back to the land of Israel.

Ā 

The salvation, both in the salvation of the soul, and the salvation of the physical sons of Jacob, on a world-wide scale, as prophesied by Jeremiah, will exceed the magnitude of the Exodus by Moses pale in comparison. The magnitude of the salvation of the Jewish race, both in the salvation of the souls, and the salvation of the Jewish race, will be remembered to the extent that the Exodus by the leadership of Moses will be small in comparison. ā€œBut, the LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the land of north country, and from all the countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.ā€

Ā 

Steven Anderson

Ā 

Pastor Steven Anderson has two audio sermons on Jeremiah Chapter 23. One is on YouTube and one is on the ā€œSoundCloudā€ audio video website. The following audio transcription, written by Alan, is from the audio tape uploaded onto ā€œSoundCloud.ā€

Ā 

Pastor Anderson does believe that the Lord Jesus is the King, the righteous Branch, reigning in a literal millennium, as spoken in Jeremiah 23:5 and Revelation 20:4-6. The following quote by Anderson is a direct reference to Jeremiah 23:6-8.

Ā 

In a direct reference to Independent Fundamental Baptist pastors, who believe that God will restore the nation of Israel, and a reference to the promises of God spoken by Jeremiah in Jeremiah 23:6-8, Anderson states, ā€œNow they [ IFB pastors] will show you all kinds of Old Testament scriptures that have no relevance in the New Testament because of the fact that He had to make a new covenant because they [ a reference to the Jews ] continued not in the covenant. They [ the Jews ] don't get those promises, it was taken from them and given to the Gentiles. Ok. So they [ IFB pastors ] will only quote Old Testament stuff from Zechariah and from Jeremiah.ā€ Anderson then states that the verses taken by ā€œold schoolā€ IFB's from the Old Testament are, ā€œtaken out of context.ā€i The immediate context of Pastor Anderson in stating ā€œstuff,ā€ and ā€œtaken out of context,ā€ is Jeremiah 23:6-8

Ā 

Pastor Steven Anderson is incorrect on the following points: (1) The prophecy of Jeremiah 23:6-8 is relevant to the restoration of the nation of Israel. (2) The promise given to the nation of Israel in Jeremiah 23:6-8, and the other prophets, are still in effect and will be fulfilled. (3) Gentiles were given 'spiritual' promises and not 'physical land' promises. (4) The prophecies of Jeremiah 23:6-8 and Zechariah are not 'stuff.' (5) The prophecy of Jeremiah 23:6-8, and other prophecies, are not taken out of context.

Ā 

ā€œStuffā€

Ā 

In the immediate context, Pastor Anderson clearly stated that the prophecies of Jeremiah 23:6-8 and Zechariah, when referring to the restoration of the nation of Israel, were Old Testament ā€œstuff.ā€ As one listens to the tone of Anderson's voice he is clearly denigrating the literal interpretation of Jeremiah 23: 6-8, the other Old Testament prophecies dealing with the future salvation of the nation of Israel in the usage of the word: ā€œstuff.ā€ Anderson has no reverence, respect, belief, and the acceptance of the written words of the prophets concerning the nation of Israel in the Old Testament.

Ā 

The American Heritage Language Dictionary lists the definition of ā€œstuff,ā€ when used as an informal, or slang, usage of the word as Anderson used it, as follows. ā€œstuff (1)The material out of which something is made of or formed; substance. (2) Informal a. Worthless objects. (3) Slang. Foolish or empty words or ideas.ā€ii

Ā 

Pastor Anderson, by his mocking tone and usage of the word 'stuff' in his comments on Jeremiah 23:6-8 clearly indicated that he considers the prophecies of the restoration of the nation of Israel as 'foolish words or ideas.'

Ā 

The information that the prophet Jeremiah in Jeremiah 23:6-8 gave are detailed in observation, persons, land locations, and changes in the population of the Jews around the world. It is clear that Jeremiah's prophecy in Jeremiah 23:6-8 is literal in interpretation. In absolutely no manner can this prophecy be construed as symbolic, allegorical, figurative, a metaphor, or given to the Gentiles.

Ā 

Furthermore, due to the detailed observable information given,the events of Jeremiah 23:6-8 has not occurred in the nation of Israel in previous times nor in modern times. Nor is there is anything symbolic, figurative, allegorical, spiritual, or anything pertaining to the Church Age in these verses.

Ā 

Therefore, due to the detailed, and observable facts, this prophecy of Jeremiah 23:5-8, is literal and still future and, according to the book of Revelation, can only be fulfilled as written in Revelation 20:4-6

Ā 

i Anderson, Pastor Steven soundcloud.com/bible-preaching/2016-08-17p-jeremiah-23 Copied on November 24, 2018.

ii ā€œStuff.ā€ The American Heritage Language Dictionary, (New York, NY.: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt). 2012.

Ā 

Edited by Alan
grammar doubled scripture verse

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Brethren,

I would like to add another lesson to Jeremiah 23:5-8. We will be looking more closely at Jeremiah 23:7 & 8 and Matthew 24:31.

In connection with this prophecy we will be discussing Hebrews 3 and a couple of companion passages in Revelation.

Alan

Ā 

Edited by Alan
grammar