• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation Bible Study.

• Members

Brethren,

Here is lesson # 6 of our study on the prophecies concerning the 1000 Year Reign of Christ (Revelation 20:4-7), as spoken by the prophets.

Isaiah 60:1-22, “The Glory of the Lord upon Israel.”

Context Note

In order to interpret Isaiah chapter 60 we need to look at Isaiah 59:20 and 21 to get the needed context. And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD. As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.” Isaiah 59:20 and 21

This is a “covenant,” that God made to Jacob and to his, “seeds, seed.” Therefore, it is a covenant with the Jacob and the sons of Israel. God made this covenant in a vision with the prophet Ezekiel. It is an unconditional covenant made to the nation of Israel.

The “Redeemer,” is the Lord Jesus Christ when He comes to Zion as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS as depicted in Revelation 19:11-21 “But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.” 1 Corinthians 1:30

“... and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob...” This prophecy only applies to those sons of Jacob who repent of their sins. I must direct the reader to study the aspects of the salvation of the Nation of Israel in the last days as revealed by Paul the Apostle in Romans 11:26-29

The Glory of the LORD upon Israel

Verse 1 and 2, “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.”

“Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.” The, “thee,” in this verse, and the following verses in this chapter, is a direct reference to the nation of Israel as referenced in Isaiah 59:20 and 60:9b, “... unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.”

“... darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people...” This is a reference to the spiritual blindness of the Gentiles through, “MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” Revelation 17:5

Once the true church leaves the earth in the Second Coming of Christ as signified by John the Apostle in Revelation 4:1, the corrupt Roman Catholic Church and her minions will spread their false doctrines and abominations throughout the earth.

Once the dark days of the Tribulation Period is over (both spiritually and physically), and the Lord Jesus reigns as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS in Jerusalem, God will glorify the nation of Israel throughout the whole earth.

Verse 3-5, “And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side. Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.”

“And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.” God will restore, magnify, and glorify the nation of Israel among the Gentiles of the whole earth. All of the nations of the world will honour and glorify the nation of Israel and recognize the Jewish beliefs, as revealed in both the Old Testament and the New Testament, as the only true spiritual light.

Verse 6 and 7, “The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah, all they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD. All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister unto thee: they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar, and I will glorify the house of my glory.”

“... they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD...” All of the Gentile nations of the world will honor the Jewish nation with their material wealth.

This prophecy has not been fulfilled in any sense of the word at any time after the age of Isaiah.

“... and I will glorify the house of my glory.”

The Millennial Temple

In Ezekiel 10:1-22 the prophet Ezekiel is shown the vision of the glory of God leaving the Temple. And, in Ezekiel 43:1 - 44:4 the prophet Ezekiel is given the vision of the Glory of God re-entering the Temple.

During the 7 Year Tribulation Period, the anti-christ will allow the Jewish people to rebuild a Temple for worship; Revelation 11:1 and 2 Hereafter called the, “Tribulation Temple.” The Glory of God will not be in the Tribulation Temple.

After the Babylonian Captivity, the Jews built the Temple: hereafter called, “The Second Temple.” No mention of the Glory of God in the Temple that they built.

Herod the Great built a Temple for the Jews. It was at the gates of this Temple that the Lord Jesus performed His miracles and preached. Hereafter, it will be called, “Herod’s Temple.” Herold’s Temple was destroyed by the Roman General Titus in 70 A.D. The Glory of God was not in Herod’s Temple.

The Glory of Christ and Herod’s Temple

When the Lord Jesus left the glories of heaven and became a man, He left one thing in heaven. The Lord Jesus left His glory in heaven. “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.” Philippians 2:5-8

The Lord Jesus left His glory, as we see in Revelation 1:10-17, in heaven. Also, when the Lord Jesus ministered on the earth he preached in the Temple court, but He was very careful not to enter the Temple itself.

Furthermore, after His resurrection, the Lord Jesus was careful not to enter into the Temple area at all.

Why? In order not to allow anyone to say that the Lord Jesus entered the Temple with His glorified body. And, to make sure that all men know that the prophecy of Ezekiel 43:1 – 44:4 has not been fulfilled either literally, figuratively, allegorically, metaphorically, spiritually or that once Herod’s Temple was destroyed, in 70 AD, the glory of Christ left the Temple.

In addition to the above facts, there is no Temple in the New heaven and the New Earth; Revelation 21:22, “And I saw not temple therein, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.”

Therefore, there will be a Temple, as described by the prophet Ezekiel in Ezekiel chapter 40-48, built during the 1000 Year of Christ: Revelation 20:4-7

In the Millennial Temple, God will bring His glory into the Holy of Holies as in the days of Moses, King David, and King Solomon. “Then brought he me the way of the north gate before the house: and I looked, and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house of the LORD: and I fell upon my face.” Ezekiel 44:4

“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1

Verse 8 and 9, “Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows? Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.”

This prophecy of Isaiah has not been fulfilled to this day in any sense of the word. Since there is no need for ‘silver and gold,’ in the New Heaven and the New Earth, the only time in the history of the Jewish nation that this prophecy can be fulfilled is in the literal 1000 reign of Christ as revealed in Revelation 20:4-7

Verse 10, “And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.”

“... for in my wrath I smote thee ...” Due to the sins of the leaders, the idolatry of the people, and the rejection of the Lord Jesus, God brought wrath upon the nation of Israel. “The King’s favour is toward a wise servant: but his wrath is against him that causeth shame.” Proverbs 14:35 the sins of the nation of Israel brought shame to the name and work of God.

Grace and Mercy

God allowed the time of, “Jacob’s Trouble,” (the 7 Year Tribulation Period; Revelation chapter 6-18), in order to bring about the salvation of the nation of Israel through His grace and mercy. In this short study, we do not have time to develop the mercy and grace of God towards the nation of Israel. But, we will direct the reader to fully study the Book of Hosea and Romans chapter 9-11 We will include a verse on Mercy and Grace in the Book of Romans as one day God will apply it to the nation of Israel.

Romans 9:16, “So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.”

Romans 11:5, “Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.”

Verse 11-13, “Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought. For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted. The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.

“For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.” In Zechariah 14:16-19 the prophet Zechariah prophesies the same prophecy and gives an example of the Feast of Tabernacles.

This prophecy of Isaiah and Ezekiel has not been fulfilled in any sense of the word. And, due to the fact that it will not be fulfilled in the Church Age, the Tribulation Period,  and that there will be no Temple in the New heaven and the New Earth, the only time that is could conceivably be fulfilled is during the Millennium; Revelation 20:4-7

“... the glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee...” As mentioned in my study on Isaiah 35:2, the Jews have not occupied the area of Lebanon after the Babylonian Captivity, after the Crucifixion, nor even after May 1948 when they became a nation.

Isaiah has continually prophesied that Lebanon will be included when the Jews are restored, or, as the Lord Jesus said, “in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit on the throne of his glory...” Matthew 19:28, in the land of Israel. See Isaiah 14: 7 and 8 Please take careful note: the Lord Jesus said, “... on the throne of his glory.”

Therefore, this prophecy is to this day unfulfilled. The time of the fulfillment of the prophesy of Isaiah for the Jews to live in Lebanon will be fulfilled in Revelation 20:4-7 “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1

Verse 14, “The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.”

The nations, and religions, of the world that has afflicted, despised, and slandered the nation of Israel will bow down before the sons of Jacob in the Millennium and glorify Jerusalem, the Temple of the Lord, and publicly glorify Zion.

Verse 15, “Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.

Throughout the history of the Jews, and to our age, the Jews have been openly despised, slandered, mocked, and persecuted. The Roman Catholic Church, the Reformers, other religious denominations (or individuals), and whosoever believes in any form of Replacement theology have tried to withhold any honor to the nation of Israel and the seed of Jacob.

God will see to it that the despising of the Jew is rectified: for eternity.

Verse 16 - 18, “Thou shalt also suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness. Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.

“Thou shalt also suck the breast of kings ...” This is continuing thought on how the Gentile nations will bring their material wealth to the nation of Israel.

“... and thy Redeemer ...” This is a reference to what Isaiah prophesied in Isaiah 59:20 that I previously remarked upon.

“Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders ...” This prophecy has never been fulfilled in any manner and in any generation. After the Babylonian Captivity the Jews lived in fear, the land was wasted, and destruction has been within the borders of Israel since that day to this day. This includes after the War of Independence in May 1948.

Since May 1948 the borders within the State of Israel has seen constant violence and fear from the enemies of the Jews. Therefore, this prophecy of Isaiah has not been fulfilled to this day and the time of the fulfillment will be in Revelation 20:4-7

“... but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.” The Jews will give names of, “Salvation,” and “Praise,” to walls within Zion.

Verse 19 and 20, “The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.”

We covered this aspect of the Isaiah’s prophecy in the Isaiah 30: 18-26 lesson: Isaiah 30:26

Verse 21 and 22, “Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the works of my hands, that I may be glorified. A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.”

“Thy people also shall be all righteous:” “Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.” Proverbs 14:34 The nation of Israel will be righteous in salvation and in conversation (the walk of the believer), in the Millennium.

“... that I may be glorified.” All honour, and glory, and thanks, are due to the Lord God in heaven and in His Son the Lord Jesus. One day, the nation of Israel will understand. “That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:31

The Lord Jesus prophesied, “in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit on the throne of his glory...” Matthew 19:28 To this date, the Lord Jesus is not sitting on the throne of His glory in the regeneration, or restoration, of the land of Israel. The only conceivable time in the scriptures that this can take place is in Revelation 20:4-7

“... in his time.” “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1 God’s timing is perfect and good.

Edited by Alan
So to Son

• Members

I am ever so grateful for my God's grace!  His abundant grace!  Recently, the Lord helped me to hide in my heart II Cor. 4:15-18...speaking of His amazing and abundant grace.  Thank you so much for the lessons in Revelation!  Our God's grace is indeed proved all thru-out the book.  It's so exciting to learn about what is to come!  I look forward to the next lesson!

• Members

WellWithMySoul,

Glad to hear that you enjoy the lessons on Revelation. God's grace is revealed throughout the scriptures in many ways. One of His ways is through His dealings with the nation of Israel.

Every time I do a lesson I appreciate the wonderful promises of God revealed to us in scriptures and the events that will happen on the face of the earth during the 1000 Year Reign of Christ.

Alan

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

Lesson # 7

Isaiah 65:17-25, “Jerusalem, a Place of Rejoicing”

Verse 17, “For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come to mind.”

The Sequence of the Prophecies Fulfillment

In a series of prophecies, Isaiah restates that God will create the new heavens in Isaiah 66:22, “For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I shall make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.”

Please note that in both of these chapters Isaiah is prophesying different prophecies concerning Jerusalem, Israel, the Kingdom (Revelation 20:4-7: 1000 years), eternity (no time involved), and earthly matters with time involved. Therefore, the events in Isaiah are obviously always not in the order of sequence that the event occurs.

In this passage, Isaiah 65: 17-25, Isaiah foretells that one day God will create new heavens and a new earth (verse 17), then Isaiah proceeds to  give details concerning the Kingdom without giving a 1000 year time limit, and the proper sequence events, that the Apostle John gives. 

The Old Testament prophets did not know about the church nor the church prophets. Therefore, they were not given all of the sequences of the their prophecies. The prophets knew the result, but not all of the events leading up to the New Heavens and New Earth. The church was a mystery and the prophecies concerning the church was a mystery. 

The Apostle Paul taught, “How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; that the Gentiles should be fellow-heirs, and of the same body and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:” Ephesians 3:3-6. See also Colossians 1:26 & 27

The majority of the prophetic events for the church was given by the Lord Jesus, Paul the Apostle, the Apostle Peter, and the Apostle John.

In connection with Isaiah 65:17 and Isaiah 66:22, the Apostle Peter writes, “Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.” 2 Peter 3:12 and 13

We have an very orderly, and systematic, sequence of the unveiling of the Old Testament prophecies being fulfilled in the Book of Revelation. 

Therefore, Isaiah was not given a time-line of the prophetic events. Furthermore, as  in the case of Revelation 20:4-7, Isaiah did not write that the Kingdom would last one thousand years, then after the final battle of Armageddon, the casting of Satan into hell, and after the White Throne of Judgment, God would create the New Heaven and New Earth and the Kingdom of Christ would extend into eternity.

Only to John the Apostle did the Lord Jesus reveal the 1000-year time-line and the events leading up, and following, the 1000 Years.

Therefore, after the last of the earthy events are concluded, John the Apostle states, “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no sea.” Revelation 22:2

Verse 18 and 19, “But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

The 1000-year reign of Christ will be a time of rejoicing; and then continue in eternity. The weeping and wailing that has occurred throughout the history of man will cease. Glory Hallelujah! Isaiah has previously, in Isaiah 51:1:1-3, prophesied this aspect of joy to the descendants of Abraham and Sarah.

Verse 20, “There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.”

The Human Life Span will be increased

The life span of the inhabitants of the Millennial Reign of Christ will be increased as before the flood of Noah. Before the flood of Noah, the life span of human beings was 300 to 900 years old. After the flood, the life span of human beings decreased to an old man was, “threescore and ten.”

The life span of humans will be hundreds of years old. In Isaiah 65:22 Isaiah further adds, “... for as the days of a tree are the days of my people”

“… for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.”

During the 1000-year reign of Christ, there will be joy and happiness due to the peace, and safety, that the Lord Jesus will bring.

But, there are two things that will not be taken away until the new heavens and new earth are complete; sin and death. The inhabitants of the Kingdom will be born with a sin nature and they will either trust in Christ or die. Romans 6:23

The reader is directed to study the Book of Romans in connection with the old nature, sin, the Law, and salvation. The priests in the Millennial Temple (Ezekiel chapter 40-48), will still conduct services, and sacrifices, due to the sin of the inhabitants of the Kingdom. This is also revealed in Revelation 20:6, “Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection, on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.”

As there will be no death in the New Heavens and in the New Earth and the average life span of humans is still not hundreds of years long, the prophecy of Isaiah remains unfulfilled to this day. The only time in the scriptures that this prophecy can be fulfilled is in Revelation 20:4-7

Therefore, as related in the notes concerning verse 17, Isaiah was not given the full sequence of events as given to John the Apostle.

The Apostle John's Revelation concerning the End of Sin and Death

The prophet John was given the revelation that once the initial 1000 years is over Satan will be released out of his prison and let loose for a little season in order to test the inhabitants of the Kingdom. Revelation 20:7, “And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are on the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.”

The prophet Isaiah was not given this information. Therefore the prophecy of Isaiah 65:17-25 and 66:2 does not give the time limit of 1000 years as the Apostle John gave in Revelation 20:4-7

The Extension of the Kingdom into Eternity

In Revelation 22:4 we read, “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” In eternity, which Isaiah the prophet also saw, there will be no more death. Because all sin, and Satan, will be eliminated from the presence of mankind, and in the New Heaven and New Earth there will be no more death. One day, Glory Hallelujah, every saint will be taken away from the presence of any sin and death.

Verse 21 -23, “And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.”

In the Millennium, the inhabitants will build their own houses, plant their own vineyards, labor (work), and enjoy the work of their own hands. The inhabitants will produce offspring and their descendants will enjoy the peace, safety, and other blessings of the one thousand year reign of Christ.

Isaiah's prophecy, in verse 18 -23, cannot be heaven, nor in the New Heavens and New Earth

The above description of the kingdom further proves that after the age of Isaiah, and up to our age, this prophecy has not been fulfilled either literally, figuratively, allegorically, given to the church in the church age, or fulfilled in any other sense of the word. And, it proves that the time limit of Isaiah 65:17 and 65:18-25 is not in its proper sequence as is revealed by John the Apostle

Furthermore, since the inhabitants build their own houses, plant their own vineyards, have jobs, and produce offspring, it cannot be Heaven, the New Jerusalem, nor the New Heavens and the New Earth as Revelation 21:1-27 describes.

1. In eternity, in the New Heaven and New Earth, the inhabitants will not be given into marriage, nor can they die. Luke 20:34 – 36, “And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.”

2. Our mansions in the Holy Jerusalem, Revelation 21:10-27, which is in the New Heavens and the New Earth, as recorded in Revelation 21:1-5, are already prepared by the hands of the Lord Jesus. “In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.” John 14:2

3.  In heaven, the trees for the nourishment of the glorified body of the saints are already prepared by God and the inhabitants will have no need to, “...plant vineyards...” Revelation 22:1, “In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.”  

4. Isaiah mentioned, “... shall be accursed.” In the New Heaven and the New Earth there shall be no “curse,’ therefore, no man shall be “accursed.” Revelation 22:3, “And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him.”

Therefore, the events as prophesied of Isaiah in verse 18-25 can only be fulfilled in a literal 1000 year time span as revealed by John the Apostle in Revelation 20:4-7 and continued after in eternity (Revelation 21:1), after the events of Revelation 20:8-15

Verse 24, “And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.”

Isaiah had previously mentioned this aspect of the Kingdom in Isaiah 30:21

Verse 25, “The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent’s meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.”

Isaiah had previously mentioned the animals of the creation being peaceful in Isaiah 11:6-8

To the individuals, like Philip Mauro, who are Preterist's, the wolf, the lamb, the lion, the bullock, the straw, the dust, and the serpents, are symbolisms. And, because they are symbols, they can mean anything that you think they mean.

To the saint who believes the Bible as it is written, in the context it is written, to whom it is written, why it was written, and has learned to, “rightly divide the word of truth,” they can clearly see that the wolf one day will feed with the lamb, the lion will eat straw like the bullock, and dust will be the serpents meat. This prophecy has not been fulfilled in any sense of the word since the days of Isaiah and the only logical time it can be fulfilled (according to the context), is in Revelation 20:4-7

“They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.”

Isaiah had previously left off the prophecy of the Kingdom in his earlier comments on the same vein of thought, Isaiah 11:9, with one concluding thought not mentioned in this passage.

We will conclude his last thought in this lesson. “... : for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.” Isaiah 11:9b During the Millennial reign of Christ, His knowledge shall cover all of the earth. Glory Hallelujah!

Edited by Alan
anther to another John to John's

• Members

I truly appreciate how you've connected the Old Testament prophecies with the New Testament.  There is consistancy and harmony between them!  A few years ago when I was leading a ladies Bible study...with several ladies that had some rather "interesting beliefs" ...I introduced a "guideline" to help them have better scriptural understanding.  The guideline was basically that if any of them found any sort of contradiction in their studies....then they needed to pray and ask the Lord to clarify their understanding so that they would see and believe the beauty of consistancy in God's Word....that God never contradicts Himself.  Thank you again for bringing the harmony out from the Old Testament to the New Testament.

• Members

Rebecca and John Young,

It is a blessing to me knowing that the lesson was a blessing to you.

WellWithMySoul,

Thank you for the kind words and thoughts. "The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat." Proverbs 15:30 Your compliment brought rejoicing to my heart and made these old spiritual bones glad.

I am glad to hear that the Lord has blessed you with the Ladies Bible study. I am sure that you are a blessing to them and that the ladies have been helped not only with correct Bible knowledge, but with spiritual discernment. The Old and New Testaments are in complete harmony; it is our lack of spiritual discernment that causes scriptural contradictions.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Lesson # 8

Ezekiel 47:1-23 and Revelation 20:4-7

Section # 1, Ezekiel 47:1-12

Ezekiel 47:1-12, “The Issuing of Waters from the Temple”

Verse 1 and 2, “Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came from down under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar. Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.”

Introduction

“Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; ...” The afterward is a continuation of the vision that God gave Ezekiel.

The, “he,” is the angel that met Ezekiel at the start of the vision that is instructing Ezekiel on the layout of the Temple (including detailed measurements), the priests of the Temple, the sacrifices of the Temple, the chambers, the ordinances, and law thereof, and the glory of God within the Temple. Ezekiel 40:3, And he brought me hither, and, behold, there was a man, whose appearance was like the appearance of brass, with a line of flax in his hand, and a measuring reed; and he stood in the gate.”

In chapter 46:19-24, the angel concluded his detailed measuring of the Temple with the utter court, the corners of the court, and the places to boil the sacrifices. Now, the angel is showing Ezekiel, in detail, the rivers of water that will issue from the outside of the Temple and the borders of the land of Israel during the Millennium.

The House, the Temple, and the Tabernacle

Throughout the vision of Ezekiel, the vast majority of the times the Temple, or Tabernacle, is mentioned it is referred to as, “the house.” It is obvious that the same building is also referred to as, “the temple.” Ezekiel 41:1 states, “Afterward he brought me to the temple, and measured the posts, six cubits broad on the one side, which was the breadth of the tabernacle.” Ezekiel 41:1

Ezekiel uses both the descriptive words: “the temple,” and, “the tabernacle,” to refer to the same building. Therefore, the descriptive words, the house, the temple, and the tabernacle, refer to the same building.

Heaven, Holy Jerusalem, the New Heaven, and the New Earth

The temple in Ezekiel vision cannot be in heaven, holy Jerusalem, the New Heaven nor in the New Earth. Revelation 21:22, “And I saw no temple therein; for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.”

The Issue of Waters from the Temple

The definition of Issue includes the following definition: Something proceeding from a specified source; an outlet.[1]

“... and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came from down under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar. Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.”

The issue of water proceeds from a specified source: from under the threshold of the house eastward. In the beginning of the measuring of the Temple, or house, the angel, immediately after measuring the wall on the outside of the house, started from this position, and after the detailed measurement and the listing of the ordinances of the Temple, ends at the starting point. “Then came he unto the gate which looketh toward the east, and went up the stairs thereof, and measured the threshold of the gate, which was one reed broad; and the other threshold of the gate, which was one reed broad.” Ezekiel 40:6

Ezekiel’s Temple and Revelation 20:4-7

Ezekiel’s temple was literal. Since the temple was not one previously built, and it is not the Tribulation Temple, and since in cannot be a temple in the new heaven and the new earth, the only time that it can be in existence is in the one thousand years as depicted in Revelation 20:4-7

The fulfillment of Ezekiel’s vision is in Revelation 20:4-7. It is verified by the statement in Revelation 20:6, “Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.” The fulfillment of the office of the priest, as recorded in Revelation 20:6, will take place in the millennium, in Ezekiel’s temple.

The Measuring of the Waters the Issued from the Temple

Verse 3-5, “And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles. And he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins. Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.”

Ezekiel mentions a lot of detail in the measuring of the waters of the issued from the temple. The first measurement of the waters was one thousand cubits. “Answers in Genesis,” [2]lists the following measurements for a cubit.

1. Hebrew (short) cubit: 17.5 inches.

2. Hebrew (long) cubit: 20.4 inches.

3. Common (short) cubit: 18 inches.

In this study, we will use the medium cubit measurement that is commonly accepted: 18 inches is one cubit.

1. From one bank, to ankle deep water, the angel and Ezekiel measure one thousand cubits. 1,000 cubits times 18 inches equals: 18,000 inches. 18,000 inches divided by 12 inches to the foot equals: 1,500 feet from the bank to ankle depth.

2. From ankle depth to knee depth: a second 1,000 cubits times 18,000 inches or 1,500 feet.

3. From knee depth to the loins (the loins of a man is the region of the thighs and the groin): [3]a third 1,000 cubits. 1,000 cubits times 18 inches equals 18,000 inches or 1,500 feet.

4. From loin depth, to the point Ezekiel had to swim and could not measure any further, is a fourth 1,000 cubits. 1,000 cubits equals 18,000 inches or 1,500 feet.

5. The issue of water at this point is not measured. And, please note the difference in writing. Ezekiel stops saying, “Waters, but now says, “a River.”

6. Four times, from the bank to the point where Ezekiel could not measure, the length of the water was 1,500 feet times 4 equals 6,000 feet.

7. The English mile[4] is 5,280 feet. Therefore, from the bank of the river to the point the waters were too deep for Ezekiel to measure, was 1 mile and 720 feet.

8. For our study, since two banks were mentioned, we will times 5, 280 feet by two:

5,280 feet times two equals 10,560 feet, or, 2 miles and 1,440 feet.

Since the middle of the river was too deep to measure, we can safely assume, at a minimum, that the river of waters that flowed from the temple was over three miles from bank to bank.

From the age of Ezekiel to our age, there has been no such river in Israel. Therefore, this is an unfulfilled prophecy.

The Banks of the Waters that Issued from the Temple

Verse 6-12, “And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river. Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were many trees on the one side and on the other. Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed. And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh. And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many. But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt. And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf for medicine.”

Engedi is located west, and near, the Dead Sea. Eneglaim is presumably located in the vicinity of the Dead Sea also. Ezekiel 37:10 is the only place in the scripture where Eneglaim is mentioned and its exact location is unknown to us.

The Water of Life, Revelation 22: 1 & 2, and Ezekiel’s Waters

“And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.” Revelation 22:1 and 2

The waters of Ezekiel’s vison and the waters in Revelation 22: 1 & 2 are similar, but not the same. In the vision of Ezekiel, the waters flow from the temple; in Revelation 22: 1 & 2 the waters flow from the throne of God.

The trees in Ezekiel’s vision are fruits for mankind on earth and the trees in Revelation 22: 1 & 2 are also for mankind, but, in Revelation 22: 2 the tree of life is also listed. The tree of life that was in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 2:9), is available for mankind. For a further study of the differences in the two issuing of waters, please see my comments in the Revelation Chapter 19-22 Study.

Here is the link: http://www.onlinebaptist.com/home/topic/23115-revelation-chapter-19-22-study/?page=4

Therefore, the waters as described by Ezekiel are not the waters as listed in Revelation 22:1 and 2

A Vision Yet Unfulfilled

Everything thus far in Ezekiel’s vision is literal. The angel is literal, the measuring reed is literal, the wall is literal, the building is literal, the chambers are literal, the waters are literal, the banks of the river are literal, the fishes in the river (and its branches), are literal, and the trees for healing and for medicine are literal.

Everything is so literal that all of Temple and waters can be measured, felt, seen, and due to the rising of the depth of the waters, Ezekiel could not proceed any further. Furthermore, the nations of the world will eat of the fishes of the river, the fruit of the trees, and the tree leaves will be used as medicine. There are no symbols, signs or allegories in Ezekiel 37

As the Apostle John, instructed by an angel, literally measured, felt, and saw the Holy Jerusalem in Revelation 21:10-27, so is the temple in Ezekiel’s vision. If one of these places is an allegory, a symbol, or a sign, than both are. Both are literal or both are not. In fact, in order to assure the Jews, and those in the New Testament church, that Ezekiel’s Temple is literal, the angel that instructs Ezekiel to measure the temple, is more detailed than the measurements of John the Apostle in Revelation 21:10-27

During the 7 Year Tribulation Period, the anti-christ will allow the Jewish people to rebuild a Temple for worship; Revelation 11:1 and 2 hereafter called the, “Tribulation Temple.” The issues of waters are not mentioned in record of Revelation 11, nor in any other verse in the Tribulation Period. Therefore, we can safely conclude that the temple that Ezekiel measured was not the Tribulation Temple.

After the Babylonian Captivity, the Jews built the Temple: hereafter called, “The Second Temple.” There was no issue of waters out of the Second Temple. Therefore, Ezekiel’s vison of the temple is not the Second Temple.

Herod the Great built a Temple for the Jews. It was at the gates of this Temple that the Lord Jesus performed His miracles and preached. Hereafter, it will be called, “Herod’s Temple.” Herold’s Temple was destroyed by the Roman General Titus in 70 A.D.

There was no issue of waters from Herod’s Temple. Therefore, we can conclude that Ezekiel’s Temple was not Herod’s Temple.

Revelation 20:8-10

As the 1000 years are fulfilled, Satan is loosed from his prison, deceives the nations of the world, and the final battle between God and Satan takes place. Therefore, the visions of Ezekiel cannot be in any way imaginable for this period.

Revelation 20:11-15

The history of the human race on Earth is completed at this time. Revelation 20:11 very clearly states, “And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.”

At this point of history, the earth as it is now is completely annihilated. All of the prophecies of the Old Testament prophets, except those in reference to heaven, hell, the Holy Jerusalem, and the new heavens and the new earth, are completed.

Therefore, the prophecies of Ezekiel are not symbolic, allegorical, and are for the Jewish race of Israel and are not for the church, nor can be in any way applicable to the church. 

Furthermore, as the visions cannot be fulfilled in eternity, nor in the new heavens and the new earth, from Revelation 20:8-10 and Revelation 20:11-15, the only period that they can be fulfilled is in Revelation 20:4-7

In conclusion, since the vision of the issues of water from the temple can only be fulfilled in Revelation 20:4-7 we have referred to the temple in Ezekiel chapter 40-48 as, “The Millennial Temple.”

[1] “Issue,” The American heritage Dictionary, Fifth ed.

[3] “loins” The American Heritage Dictionary, Fifth Edition.

[4] Wikipedia, “Mile.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mile

Edited by Alan
verse # added, "in the Tribulation Period." in to is; 4 to 40 grammer

• Members

Lesson # 8

Ezekiel 47:1-23 and Revelation 20:4-7

Section 2

Ezekiel 47:13-23, “The Borders of the Kingdom.”

Verse 13 and 14, “Thus saith the LORD GOD; This shall be the border, whereby ye shall inherit the land according to the twelve tribes of Israel: Joseph shall have two portions. And ye shall inherit it, one as well as another: concerning the which I lifted up mine hand to give it unto your fathers: and this land shall fall unto you for inheritance.”

“... This shall be the border ...” The following borders of the land of Israel has never been given to the Jews since the time of Ezekiel until the current age. This includes the boundary of Israel since 1948.

Modern Border: September 2016

Map of Israel & Occupied Territories[1]

egQcyekHgrrDyiKRARcT+34wldTkbaKm6ZnF2Dvt

OnLine Baptist Study Map Note:

If anybody has a more accurate map on the current boundaries of Israel that they would like to share, than please do so.

The modern border is the most extensive boundary of Israel since the time of Ezekiel. Therefore, the vision of Ezekiel, and the boundaries given to Ezekiel, has not been fulfilled to this day.

“... shall inherit the land according to the twelve tribes of Israel ...” This is very precise. The land boundary is given to Ezekiel for the express reason for the physical habitation of the twelve tribes of Israel. Two times Ezekiel specifically mentioned that the inheritance was, “land.”

The land is for the physical habitation of the Jewish inhabitants; not for the saved saint that will spend eternity in heaven.

The Inheritance of the Saints in the Church Age

The Apostle Paul stated we are to interpret the scriptures according to the following standard. “Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:32

The Jews are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. God gave the Jews the land of Israel for an inheritance. Not all of the Jews are saved; but they are still promised a land to inhabit in order to take care of their physical needs.

The Gentiles are the other diferent races of the world. Anybody that is not a Jew is a Gentile. In the Old Testament, they are sometimes referred to as, “strangers.”

The church of God is comprised of both saved Jews and saved Gentiles. The promises, and inheritance, of the saints in the church age are different from the promises, and inheritance, of the Jews in the scriptures.

“And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.” Colossians 3:23-25

All of the saints in the Church Age are to be rewarded. The reward of our inheritance is incorruptible, undefiled, and is waiting for us.

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.” 1 Peter 1:3 and 4

Glory Hallelujah! The reward of our inheritance is based on the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus from the dead and is incorruptible, undefiled, will not fade away, and is reserved in heaven: not on this earth.

The rewards of the saint in the New Testament church is in heaven: not on this earth. The Church Age saint has no inheritance on earth. The Church Age saint has no Covenant, or Promise, for anything physical on the face of the earth.

“For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.” Hebrews 13:14

Therefore, the inheritance that Ezekiel prophesied of has not been fulfilled in the Church Age.

Covenant, or Promise, to Israel, or Jacob

“... of Israel ...” Israel, or Jacob, was promised a physical land for the furtherance of the physical needs of his descendants.

In Genesis 28:10-22 we read of the promise from God to Jacob for the land of Israel. This covenant was made to Jacob when he was leaving Beersheba (Canaan), to journey to Pandanaram to seek a wife.

The land promise was given to Jacob in a vision while he sleep. Jacob had no say so in the agreement, nor did God give any conditions of the land promised to Jacob.

The Covenant is a continuation of the covenant of God between Abraham and God. Genesis 28:12 and 13, “And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it to thy seed.”

“... your fathers ...” This was the same Covenant that God gave Abraham in Genesis 15:18-21, to Isaac in Genesis 26:1-5, is now given to Jacob in a dream as he is leaving the land.

This promise pre-dates the giving of the Law of Moses and therefore is not subject to the Laws conditions.

Therefore, the Covenant of the land of Israel, as given to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and now given to Ezekiel, is non-conditional and does not matter whether or not the Jews (as Jacob), are in the land, disobedient, backslid (like Jacob), walking in the flesh (like Jacob), or not saved (like the rich man in hell).

This covenant has not been disannulled, nor given to the church. “Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man’s covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.” Galatians 3:15

The, “Replacement Theology, or, “Supersessionism[2],” teaching that the promises, and the prophecies, given to the Jacob (the Jews), were superseded by the coming of Christ and given to the church is erroneous.

Therefore, the land is for the physical habitation of the physical descendants of Jacob as a Covenant of Promise and has not been disannulled. To this date, the covenant has not been fulfilled.

Verse 15-21 “And this shall be the border of the land toward the north side, from the great sea, the way of Hethlon, as men go to Zedad; Hamath, Berothah, Sibraim, which is between the border of Damascus and the border of Hamath; Hazarhatticon, which is by the coast of Hauran. And the border from the sea shall be Hazarenan, the border of Damascus, and the north northward, and the border of Hamath. And this is the north side. And the east side ye shall measure from Hauran, and from Damascus, and from Gilead, and from the land of Israel by Jordan, from the border unto the east sea. And this is the east side. And the south side southward, from Tamar even to the waters of strife in Kadesh, the river to the great sea. And this is the south side southward. The west side also shall be the great sea from the border, till a man come over against Hamath. This is the west side. So shall ye divide this land unto you according to the tribes of Israel.”

Ezekiel 47:15-21 Boundaries[3]

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cd/Map_Land_of_Israel.jpg/125px-Map_Land_of_Israel.jpg

OnLine Baptist Study Map Note:

If anybody has a more accurate map on the current boundaries of Israel based on Ezekiel 47:15-21, that they would like to share, than please do so.

To this date, the nation of Israel has not obtained the boundaries as given to the prophet Ezekiel. Therefore, this prophecy of the boundary of Israel, according to Ezekiel 47:15-21, has not been fulfilled.

Verse 22 and 23, “And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel. And is shall come to pass, that in what tribe the stranger sojourneth, there shall ye give him his inheritance, saith the LORD GOD.”

“And it shall come to pass ...” Ecclesiastes 3:1, “To every thing is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” God’s purpose for the Jews will be fulfilled in God’s timing.

“... that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you ...” The division of the land will be accomplished by lot. The division of the lots are recorded in Ezekiel 48:1-29 As the division of the land is accomplished by “lot” it reveals to us that the Lord Jesus, as King over Israel, will use the method as prescribed by the law of Moses; Numbers 26:52-56

Numbers 26:55 states, “Notwithstanding the land shall be divided by lot: according to the names of the tribes of their fathers they shall inherit.”

This is a further fact that lets us know that nothing in the vision of Ezekiel has anything whatsoever to do with the saints in the Church Age. The saints in the Church Age are not to abide by the statutes of the law. “Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.” Colossians 2:16 and 17

Conclusion

The boundaries of the land of Israel, and the division of the inheritance of the tribes of Israel, according to the vision of Ezekiel in Ezekiel 47:13-23, has not been fulfilled. The fulfillment of the boundary’s, and land division, does not take place in the Church Age, nor in the 7 Year Tribulation Period.

The only logical conclusion is that the boundaries of the nation of Israel, and the land division according to the tribes of Israel, is fulfilled at the beginning of the Millennial Kingdom as revealed in Revelation 20:4-7

Edited by Alan
scripture reference grammer

• Members

On ‎2015‎年‎9‎月‎13‎日 at 5:58 AM, Invicta said:

Bro Alan

Who is the "Thee" in Isaiah 60:1-22 ?

Invicta,

I answered your question (that youasked in the 7th Shemita thread), concerning the, "thee," in Isaiah 60:2 in the lesson on Isaiah 60:1-22 lesson. But, you have not answered me yet. I plainly stated that I would answer it in due time, but, so far you have not  resonded to my answer. I am not sure it you saw my answer or not. If not, here is more proper setting to resond than in the 7th Shemita thread.

I have re-posted the lesson on Isaiah 60:1-22 in full below in order to give you the complete context of Isaiah 60:1-22

On ‎2016‎年‎8‎月‎24‎日 at 10:08 PM, Alan said:

Brethren,

Here is lesson # 6 of our study on the prophecies concerning the 1000 Year Reign of Christ (Revelation 20:4-7), as spoken by the prophets.

Isaiah 60:1-22, “The Glory of the Lord upon Israel.”

Context Note

In order to interpret Isaiah chapter 60 we need to look at Isaiah 59:20 and 21 to get the needed context. And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD. As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.” Isaiah 59:20 and 21

This is a “covenant,” that God made to Jacob and to his, “seeds, seed.” Therefore, it is a covenant with the Jacob and the sons of Israel. God made this covenant in a vision with the prophet Ezekiel. It is an unconditional covenant made to the nation of Israel.

The “Redeemer,” is the Lord Jesus Christ when He comes to Zion as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS as depicted in Revelation 19:11-21 “But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.” 1 Corinthians 1:30

“... and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob...” This prophecy only applies to those sons of Jacob who repent of their sins. I must direct the reader to study the aspects of the salvation of the Nation of Israel in the last days as revealed by Paul the Apostle in Romans 11:26-29

The Glory of the LORD upon Israel

Verse 1 and 2, “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.”

“Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.” The, “thee,” in this verse, and the following verses in this chapter, is a direct reference to the nation of Israel as referenced in Isaiah 59:20 and 60:9b, “... unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.”

“... darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people...” This is a reference to the spiritual blindness of the Gentiles through, “MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” Revelation 17:5

Once the true church leaves the earth in the Second Coming of Christ as signified by John the Apostle in Revelation 4:1, the corrupt Roman Catholic Church and her minions will spread their false doctrines and abominations throughout the earth.

Once the dark days of the Tribulation Period is over (both spiritually and physically), and the Lord Jesus reigns as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS in Jerusalem, God will glorify the nation of Israel throughout the whole earth.

Verse 3-5, “And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side. Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.”

“And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.” God will restore, magnify, and glorify the nation of Israel among the Gentiles of the whole earth. All of the nations of the world will honour and glorify the nation of Israel and recognize the Jewish beliefs, as revealed in both the Old Testament and the New Testament, as the only true spiritual light.

Verse 6 and 7, “The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah, all they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD. All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister unto thee: they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar, and I will glorify the house of my glory.”

“... they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD...” All of the Gentile nations of the world will honor the Jewish nation with their material wealth.

This prophecy has not been fulfilled in any sense of the word at any time after the age of Isaiah.

“... and I will glorify the house of my glory.”

The Millennial Temple

In Ezekiel 10:1-22 the prophet Ezekiel is shown the vision of the glory of God leaving the Temple. And, in Ezekiel 43:1 - 44:4 the prophet Ezekiel is given the vision of the Glory of God re-entering the Temple.

During the 7 Year Tribulation Period, the anti-christ will allow the Jewish people to rebuild a Temple for worship; Revelation 11:1 and 2 Hereafter called the, “Tribulation Temple.” The Glory of God will not be in the Tribulation Temple.

After the Babylonian Captivity, the Jews built the Temple: hereafter called, “The Second Temple.” No mention of the Glory of God in the Temple that they built.

Herod the Great built a Temple for the Jews. It was at the gates of this Temple that the Lord Jesus performed His miracles and preached. Hereafter, it will be called, “Herod’s Temple.” Herold’s Temple was destroyed by the Roman General Titus in 70 A.D. The Glory of God was not in Herod’s Temple.

The Glory of Christ and Herod’s Temple

When the Lord Jesus left the glories of heaven and became a man, He left one thing in heaven. The Lord Jesus left His glory in heaven. “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.” Philippians 2:5-8

The Lord Jesus left His glory, as we see in Revelation 1:10-17, in heaven. Also, when the Lord Jesus ministered on the earth he preached in the Temple court, but He was very careful not to enter the Temple itself.

Furthermore, after His resurrection, the Lord Jesus was careful not to enter into the Temple area at all.

Why? In order not to allow anyone to say that the Lord Jesus entered the Temple with His glorified body. And, to make sure that all men know that the prophecy of Ezekiel 43:1 – 44:4 has not been fulfilled either literally, figuratively, allegorically, metaphorically, spiritually or that once Herod’s Temple was destroyed, in 70 AD, the glory of Christ left the Temple.

In addition to the above facts, there is no Temple in the New heaven and the New Earth; Revelation 21:22, “And I saw not temple therein, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.”

Therefore, there will be a Temple, as described by the prophet Ezekiel in Ezekiel chapter 40-48, built during the 1000 Year of Christ: Revelation 20:4-7

In the Millennial Temple, God will bring His glory into the Holy of Holies as in the days of Moses, King David, and King Solomon. “Then brought he me the way of the north gate before the house: and I looked, and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house of the LORD: and I fell upon my face.” Ezekiel 44:4

“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1

Verse 8 and 9, “Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows? Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.”

This prophecy of Isaiah has not been fulfilled to this day in any sense of the word. Since there is no need for ‘silver and gold,’ in the New Heaven and the New Earth, the only time in the history of the Jewish nation that this prophecy can be fulfilled is in the literal 1000 reign of Christ as revealed in Revelation 20:4-7

Verse 10, “And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.”

“... for in my wrath I smote thee ...” Due to the sins of the leaders, the idolatry of the people, and the rejection of the Lord Jesus, God brought wrath upon the nation of Israel. “The King’s favour is toward a wise servant: but his wrath is against him that causeth shame.” Proverbs 14:35 the sins of the nation of Israel brought shame to the name and work of God.

Grace and Mercy

God allowed the time of, “Jacob’s Trouble,” (the 7 Year Tribulation Period; Revelation chapter 6-18), in order to bring about the salvation of the nation of Israel through His grace and mercy. In this short study, we do not have time to develop the mercy and grace of God towards the nation of Israel. But, we will direct the reader to fully study the Book of Hosea and Romans chapter 9-11 We will include a verse on Mercy and Grace in the Book of Romans as one day God will apply it to the nation of Israel.

Romans 9:16, “So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.”

Romans 11:5, “Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.”

Verse 11-13, “Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought. For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted. The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.

“For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.” In Zechariah 14:16-19 the prophet Zechariah prophesies the same prophecy and gives an example of the Feast of Tabernacles.

This prophecy of Isaiah and Ezekiel has not been fulfilled in any sense of the word. And, due to the fact that it will not be fulfilled in the Church Age, the Tribulation Period,  and that there will be no Temple in the New heaven and the New Earth, the only time that is could conceivably be fulfilled is during the Millennium; Revelation 20:4-7

“... the glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee...” As mentioned in my study on Isaiah 35:2, the Jews have not occupied the area of Lebanon after the Babylonian Captivity, after the Crucifixion, nor even after May 1948 when they became a nation.

Isaiah has continually prophesied that Lebanon will be included when the Jews are restored, or, as the Lord Jesus said, “in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit on the throne of his glory...” Matthew 19:28, in the land of Israel. See Isaiah 14: 7 and 8 Please take careful note: the Lord Jesus said, “... on the throne of his glory.”

Therefore, this prophecy is to this day unfulfilled. The time of the fulfillment of the prophesy of Isaiah for the Jews to live in Lebanon will be fulfilled in Revelation 20:4-7 “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1

Verse 14, “The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.”

The nations, and religions, of the world that has afflicted, despised, and slandered the nation of Israel will bow down before the sons of Jacob in the Millennium and glorify Jerusalem, the Temple of the Lord, and publicly glorify Zion.

Verse 15, “Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.

Throughout the history of the Jews, and to our age, the Jews have been openly despised, slandered, mocked, and persecuted. The Roman Catholic Church, the Reformers, other religious denominations (or individuals), and whosoever believes in any form of Replacement theology have tried to withhold any honor to the nation of Israel and the seed of Jacob.

God will see to it that the despising of the Jew is rectified: for eternity.

Verse 16 - 18, “Thou shalt also suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness. Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.

“Thou shalt also suck the breast of kings ...” This is continuing thought on how the Gentile nations will bring their material wealth to the nation of Israel.

“... and thy Redeemer ...” This is a reference to what Isaiah prophesied in Isaiah 59:20 that I previously remarked upon.

“Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders ...” This prophecy has never been fulfilled in any manner and in any generation. After the Babylonian Captivity the Jews lived in fear, the land was wasted, and destruction has been within the borders of Israel since that day to this day. This includes after the War of Independence in May 1948.

Since May 1948 the borders within the State of Israel has seen constant violence and fear from the enemies of the Jews. Therefore, this prophecy of Isaiah has not been fulfilled to this day and the time of the fulfillment will be in Revelation 20:4-7

“... but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.” The Jews will give names of, “Salvation,” and “Praise,” to walls within Zion.

Verse 19 and 20, “The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.”

We covered this aspect of the Isaiah’s prophecy in the Isaiah 30: 18-26 lesson: Isaiah 30:26

Verse 21 and 22, “Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the works of my hands, that I may be glorified. A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.”

“Thy people also shall be all righteous:” “Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.” Proverbs 14:34 The nation of Israel will be righteous in salvation and in conversation (the walk of the believer), in the Millennium.

“... that I may be glorified.” All honour, and glory, and thanks, are due to the Lord God in heaven and in His Son the Lord Jesus. One day, the nation of Israel will understand. “That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:31

The Lord Jesus prophesied, “in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit on the throne of his glory...” Matthew 19:28 To this date, the Lord Jesus is not sitting on the throne of His glory in the regeneration, or restoration, of the land of Israel. The only conceivable time in the scriptures that this can take place is in Revelation 20:4-7

“... in his time.” “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1 God’s timing is perfect and good.

Regards,

Alan

• Members

This last lesson is yet another great one!  There is so much to learn, but that keeps it very exciting.  Col. 3:23-25 are wonderful verses, and I'm so glad that you included them in the lesson.  Thank you, Alan...and I'm really looking forward to the portion of the study in Hosea.

• Members
On 8/24/2016 at 10:08 AM, Alan said:

I am glad you like to put things in context Alan, but your context is questionable with the phrase - "It is an unconditional covenant".

Does that mean there are no guidelines as to whom this covenant is with? I certainly hope not, because you missed something here, I think, and you need to address it for me and those reading this.

Unconditional with Israel alone, or the Jews alone, or just anybody? I know you mean Israelites period. But what kind of Israelites Alan? Just any Israelite?

If you think it is to any or all Israelites without condition, I disagree.

How about we read Isaiah 59:20 and 21 again -

20  And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto THEM that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.

21  As for me, this is my covenant with THEM, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever."

Notice the underlined and red section of verse 20?

The covenant mentioned in verse 21 to them is conditional and only for those that turn from transgression in Jacob.

That is the situation in context.

1611 KJB original has an interesting typo -

20 ¶ And the redeemer shall come to Zion, and vnto them that turne from transgression in Iacob, saith the LORD.20

21 As for me, this is my couenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is vpon thee, and my words which I haue put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of the seede, nor out of the mouth of thy seedes seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth, and for euer.

Edited by Genevanpreacher