• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation Bible Study.

• Members

Physical Blessings in the Kingdom

Isaiah 11:6-9

Verse 6-9, “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’s den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.”

“The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb...” During the One Thousand Year Reign of Christ, the animals of the world will be as it was in the Garden of Eden. This blessing of the Animal Kingdom is a literal change in the behavior of the wild animals of the earth. They will become docile and the wolf will change from being an animal to be feared to an animal that will be docile and be able to dwell with a lamb.

“... the leopard shall lie down with the kid..” The wild beasts of the jungle forest will be included in the transformation of the Animal Kingdom.

“... and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together:” The wild animals of the world, such as the lion, will be herded as the cattle of the field.

Please note the scriptures says, ‘little child.’ Even the cattle shall change to be more docile. A little child does not normally herd cattle.

“... and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.” The wild carnivorous animals will change their feeding habits to that of an ox eating straw, or hay, or grasses.

“And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp...” The smallest babe in arms will be able to play with the asp. The feared poisonous asps of the world will lose the desire, and ability, to inject poison.

In the Garden of Eden, Eve was not afraid of the animals, snakes, and various other forms of beasts in the Animal Kingdom.

God will take away the hurtful aspects of the Animal Kingdom. Some, not all, of the curse that God gave upon the world in Genesis 3:17, 18 and 9:2 will be lifted in the Kingdom of God, the One Thousand Year Reign of Christ, on the earth.

Job 39

In Job chapter 39 God gives Job a discourse on how He knows all of the aspects of the Animal Kingdom.

In this discourse, in connection with the Ostrich, Job 39:13-19, God gives us some insight of His ability to control the natural instincts, and behavior, of the animals of the world. Job 39:17 says, “Because God hath deprived her of wisdom, neither hath he imparted to her understanding.”

God either imparts, or deprives, the animals, the insects, the reptiles, the beasts of the earth, the fowls of the air, and the creatures of the sea the ability, the natural instincts, or the wisdom, or the lack of wisdom, to every creature in the Animal Kingdom.

“... and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’s den.” According to Webster’s 1828 dictionary, a cockatrice is a King Serpent. Some commentators say it is viper, or a venomous snake. In times past, the word has also meant a mythical beast. For this lesson, we will label a cockatrice as a venomous snake; a viper.

In the Kingdom of God on the earth, during the 1,000 Year of Christ, the weaned child, a small child 2-5 years for illustrations sake, will be able to, without any harm, put his hand in a vipers den, and have no harm. Like a little rabbit, the viper will not harm the child.

“They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: ...” The ‘holy mountain’ is a direct reference to the House of the Lord that is to be built in Jerusalem during the 1000 Year Reign of Christ on earth. Isaiah 2:1-4, “The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go up and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

The Temple will be rebuilt, see Ezekiel chapter 40-48, the Law will be re-instated for the express reason to ‘teach the ways of the LORD.’ I have already covered this aspect of the restoration of the rebuilt Temple in my Revelation chapter 19-22 Study: Here is the link to this aspect of the Kingdom in the Revelation chapter 19-22 Study: http://www.onlinebaptist.com/home/topic/23115-revelation-chapter-19-22-study/?page=3

“... for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.” The Lord Jesus will reign over the whole earth. The knowledge of the LORD will fill the earth.

“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.” Proverbs 1:7

Psalm 72

Psalms 72 gives us some insight of the aspects of the rule over the whole earth of the Lord Jesus during the time His 1000 Year Reign. I would like to direct the reader in his personal study to look closely at every aspect of Psalm 72

In this study I would like to bring to our attention of two of these verses that are in direct reference to Isaiah 11:9

1. Psalm 72:8, “He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.”

2. Psalm 72:11, “Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.”

Edited by Alan
grammer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Isaiah 11:10-12, “A Root of Jesse.”

Verse 10-12, “And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.”

“And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse... “ The prophet Isaiah continues his discourse that started in verse 1. As stated before, the root of Jesse is the Lord Jesus Christ. “And in that day,” is a reference to the day when these prophecies are fulfilled. None of the prophecies given in Isaiah chapter 11 (nor in Isaiah 12), have been fulfilled either symbolically, literally, figurative, or allegorically, at any time previous to this day.

“... which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: ...” The Apostle Paul quotes this phrase in Romans 12:7. Romans 12:7 is continuation of a discourse that Paul started in Romans 12:8, so, we till quote the whole section.

Christ Confirms the Promises and Reign over the Gentiles

Romans 15:8-12, “Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcism for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.”

The Lord Jesus, the root of Jesse, was a minister to the Jews. Except for a few notable occasions, the ministry of the Lord Jesus was to the Jews. The Lord Jesus confirmed that all of the promises made to the Jewish Fathers; Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the twelve tribes of Israel, where still in force and all of the promises would be fulfilled.

The Apostle Paul had previously stated, “Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises.” Romans 9:3

Please note that in Romans 15:6 it says “promises,” and in Romans 9:3 we read “covenants,” and “promises.” All of the covenants given to the Jewish Fathers, and then the promises given to the Jews by the prophets will one day be literally fulfilled.

The Gentiles are included as Paul stated by, “his mercy,” in eternal salvation and in the “rest” that shall come upon the earth when the Root of Jesse will reign. The saved Gentiles, in the Church Age, are “grafted into,” the nation of Israel, through the mercy of God. Please study Romans 11:13-28

“A Rest for the People of God”

“... and his rest shall be glorious.”

Genesis 2:2, “And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.” Hebrews 4:4, “For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.”

Psalm 95:7 & 8, “For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To-day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness.”

Hebrews 4:9, “There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.”

The Jews who had no faith in God in the wilderness, and had a hard heart, were denied entrance to the Promised Land due to an unbelieving heart. The Promised Land is a literal land of promise and a type of heaven. The Jews who had no faith in God in the Old Testament never entered into eternal rest in heaven and therefore, any other of the “rest" promises of God.

Matthew 11:28-30, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” When a person, either Jew or Gentile, trusts in the Lord Jesus with their heart, they can have eternal rest for the soul in heaven and a heart of rest on the earth.

Please study Hebrews 3:7-19 and 4:1-11 and Revelation 14:13. For this particular verse, Isaiah 11:10, “... and his rest shall be glorious” we will concentrate our efforts on the 1000 years of rest from turmoil and war on the face of this earth.

During the 1000 Year Reign of Christ, as revealed in Revelation 20:4-6, the earth will be at rest. The Lord Jesus will cause wars to cease. “And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.” Isaiah 2:4

The prophet Micah prophesied of this day in Micah 4:1-7. Micah 4:3 says, “And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.”

“And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.”

When the Jews returned home to the land of Israel after the Babylonian Captivity this prophecy was not fulfilled. Nor was this verse fulfilled spiritually, allegorically, figuratively, symbolically, or in any other way, since that age. Nor was this verse fulfilled after the creation of the nation of Israel in May 1948.

God cast the Jews out of the land because of their sin of unbelief and the Jews are still wandering among the nations of the world. “My God will cast them away, because they did not hearken unto him: and they shall be wanderers among the nations.” Micah 9:17

Therefore, it is still in the future. The Lord Jesus will gather all of the outcasts, every Jew on the face of the earth, and bring them back to the land of Israel. “...; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.” Isaiah 11:16b

• Moderators

I wanted to throw something in on the issue of 'quickly'. Behold I come quickly.   There is, to my mind, a simple explanation: It has nothing to do with when, as in speaking of how long it will be until He comes, though as has been said before, to a God to whom a day is as 1000 years, and vice-versa, that's not an issue, especially since that fact is mentioned twice in scripture and is something believers ought to understand.

However, I don't believe this is what He meant-I believe it has to do not with WHEN he's coming, but how speedily His coming will be when it occurs. We know when He comes it will be in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye-a moment and a twinkling of an eye are both very quick; I believe Jesus is speaking to how quickly it will occur. Behold, I come fast, I come in the twinkling of an eye-when I come, it will be so quick, so fast, it will boggle the mind. It is a reference to the speed of the trip, not when the trip will occur. I may be planning to go to see my daughter next year, but it will be quickly made, because she lives nearby. 

So the word being given that once He begins His return, there won't be time to get right, no time to change a mind-the lost won't see us one by one going up, and repent while it's going on to try to be included, and when He returns as conquering King there will be no time to repent-it will also be **BOOM!** there He is! He returned so quickly, there was no time to prepare! So we'd best be prepared!

Whaddaya think? 

• Members

Any other thoughts on the aspect of word quickly and the Second Coming of Christ?

Revelation  1:1, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John."

Revelations 22:6 & 7, "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book."

Alan

• Members
21 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

We know when He comes it will be in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye-a moment and a twinkling of an eye are both very quick; I believe Jesus is speaking to how quickly it will occur. Behold, I come fast, I come in the twinkling of an eye-when I come, it will be so quick, so fast, it will boggle the mind.

Amen!

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." 1 Corinthians 15:52

21 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

So the word being given that once He begins His return, there won't be time to get right, no time to change a mind-the lost won't see us one by one going up, and repent while it's going on to try to be included, and when He returns as conquering King there will be no time to repent-it will also be **BOOM!** there He is! He returned so quickly, there was no time to prepare! So we'd best be prepared!

Amen!

The time of salvation is now. The time to prepare in now. The time to repent is now. When Jesus comes for His bride there will be no more time to prepare to meet Him. The fastness of His coming will truly boggle the mind.

• Members

John Young,

Glad to know that you liked the lesson.

Any other thoughts or comments before the next lesson is uploaded?

In the next lesson, Isaiah 11:13-16, we will connect the whole passage together, in relationship with the Millennium,and the prophecy of the Lord Jesus in Matthew 24:29-35

Regards,

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammer

• Members

Before we upload the next lesson on Isaiah 11:13-16 I would like to bring out an addendum on the "rest' of the whole earth during the one thousand reign of Christ and tie it in with Revelation 20:1-3

Isaiah 14: 7 & 8 with Revelation 20:1-3

Rest on the Earth

In the immediate interval between the conclusion of the 7 Year Tribulation Period, and the start of the 1000 Year of Christ, we read that Satan will be bound during the Millennium. “And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.” Revelation 20:1-3

Isaiah had prophesied of the time of rest from the deceit of the devil. “The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing. Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.” Isaiah 14:7 and 8 Isaiah continues his prophesy of Satan cast down into hell in Isaiah 14:9-17

In Revelation 20:2 and 3 we see the set the time limit for Satan cast into hell for one thousand years. This is a literal one thousand years and can in no way be interpreted any other way.

• Members

John Young,

Very happy to hear that the lesson was a blessing to you. It is very encouraging to know that in eternity we will have eternal rest and that one day on the earth (among other wonderful blessings), for one thousand years, there will be rest on the earth from the deceitful lies of Satan.

Alan

• Members

Ronda,

As of today the electricity problem (in our area), is still not resolved. A lot of the debris has been cleared, a lot of electrical power has has been restored, but, the amount of downed lines, transformers damaged, trees downed, and other related problems is huge. On Saturday the military started to help the local authorities. Our area is still not yet fully recovered. For the time being, I have to do my computer work at our church (which is in a different city).

Alan

P.S. We are all safe but somewhat tired.

"O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." Psalm 107:1

Alan

Edited by Alan
added the P.S.

• Members

Isaiah 11:13-16, “The Return of Israel to the Promised Land.”

“The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim. But they shall fly upon the shoulders of the Philistines toward the west; they shall spoil them of the east together: they shall lay their hand upon Edom and Moab; and the children of Ammon shall obey them. And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod. And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.”

“The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.”

The Fulfillment of Ezekiel 37:15-20

“The Vision of the Sticks”

“The word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? Say unto them, thus saith the LORD GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. And say unto them, Thus saith the LORD GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.” Ezekiel 37:15-20

This prophecy of Ezekiel was not fulfilled after the Babylonian Captivity, nor was it allegorically fulfilled at the Cross of Calvary, nor is it fulfilled in any manner in the Church Age, nor was it fulfilled when the Jews, under the United Nations mandate, became a nation in May 1948.

The prophecy of Ezekiel in Ezekiel 37:15-20 will be fulfilled at the beginning of the 1000 Reign of Christ.

The Fulfillment of Hebrews 8:8-10

“A New Covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah”

Please take very careful note. This, “New Covenant,” is not with the church (in any manner or fashion), it is made, “... with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.” The church has not replaced Israel nor does the Lord give any Covenants with the Church.

“For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:” Hebrews 8:8-10

“But they shall fly upon the shoulders of the Philistines toward the west; they shall spoil them of the east together: they shall lay their hand upon Edom and Moab; and the children of Ammon shall obey them.”

The is the fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah in chapter 4. Again, this prophecy, including the prophecy in Isaiah chapter 4, was not fulfilled after the Babylonian Captivity, nor any time in the Church Age, nor when Israel became a nation in May 1948. This prophecy, and the one given in Isaiah chapter 4, will be fulfilled during the Millennium.

“... like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.”

The return of the remnant of the Jews from the four corners of the earth after the 7 Year Tribulation period will be as dramatic, yea, even more dramatic, than the return of the nation of Israel under the guiding hand of Moses.

The literal return of the all of the Jews on the face of the earth under the guiding hand of the Lord Jesus as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS will be earth changing in its scope, miraculous in its execution and breadth, majesty, and completeness.

Isaiah Chapter 12

Isaiah chapter 12 is the aftermath of the events in Isaiah 11. It is a prophetic Song of Praise from the lips of Isaiah and ushers the reader into the glorious 1000 Year of REIGN OF JEHOVAH THE MESSIAH.

Edited by Alan
grammer 'stink' to 'stick' (3 times) 'wither' to 'whither' On Jan. 18, 2017 changed the title of Ezekiel 37:15-20