• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation Bible Study.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
On 2016/3/27 at 4:07 PM, Rebecca said:

I'm hoarding my two cents at the moment :ph34r:, but just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the lessons and studies you have posted about the book of Revelation, they have been beneficial to me. And I enjoyed the song. :)

Rebecca,

Thank you for adding your :twocents: .

I am very, very happy that you enjoyed the lessons on the book of Revelation. It is my sincere prayer that the studies have been beneficial to others as well. 

It also brings joy to my heart that the song was a blessing to you. One of the joys of salvation is the songs that the Lord puts on our hearts.

God Bless!

Alan

• Members

Genevanpreacher,

On 2016/4/24 at 2:21 AM, Genevanpreacher said:

So will the NH & NE be created before the millenium, Alan?

No. The New Heaven and the New Earth will be created after the Millennium.

The order of events in Revelation, especially chapter 19-22, are very clear.

1. The 1000 Year reign of Christ as KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORDS take place in Revelation 20:4-6

2. Satan is released from the bottomless pit and deceives the nations of the earth and is completely defeated and permanently cast into the Lake of Fire in Revelation 20:7-10

3.The Great White Throne of Judgment takes place in Revelation 20:11-15

4. The New Heaven and the New Earth is created, in the eyesight of all of the redeemed, in Revelation 22:1, "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."

This is in fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah 66:23, "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain."

Also, Isaiah 51:6 says, "Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished." 

The destruction of this current world, and the heavens, are consumed by fire as foretold by the Apostle Peter. "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." 2 Peter 10-13

"The day of the Lord..." starts at the Second Coming of Christ and ends at the Great White Throne of Judgment.

"..a new earth..." is created in Revelation 22:1 immediately after the Great White Throne of Judgment.

Two Notes.

1. The events of the book of Revelation, as a whole, are in order. The prophecies of the Old Testament prophets are not necessarily in the order of fulfillment.  This is why some people are confused as to the order of fulfillment and this is also why Paul the Apostle wrote, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

2. The complete destruction of the current earth and the current heavens may take place at the commencement of the Great White Throne of Judgment in Revelation 21:11 or at Revelation 22:1 For this study, I place it at Revelation 22:1 Any thoughts?

God bless!

Alan

• Members
On 4/24/2016 at 2:21 PM, Genevanpreacher said:

So will the NH & NE be created before the millenium, Alan?

The new heaven and new earth will also be created before the 1000 year reign of Christ, see Isaiah 65:17-25.

Notice there will be long life but death and sin after the recreation of the surface of the earth.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

11 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

The new heaven and new earth will also be created before the 1000 year reign of Christ, see Isaiah 65:17-25.

Brother Eric, I respectfully yet strongly disagree. A quick study in Revelation 20 dispels that statement.

v. 7 "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison" 

We then read that God destroys the devil and those who revolted with him at the end of the millennium, THEN we see the great white throne judgment

v. 11 "And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them."

The heaven and earth flee from God's face THEN, and that's AFTER the millennium. 

We next see the judgment of the rest of the dead v. 15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

What happens then? Rev. 21 starts out with verse 1-2

1 "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."2  "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

The rest of chapter 21 goes into detail about the New Jerusalem. This cannot happen until after the millennium because the heaven and earth don't flee from God's face until Rev. 20:11, AFTER the millennium, after the final revolt of the devil, and after the devil is cast into the lake of fire in Rev. 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

There will still be sin on earth during the millennium. Christ will be there to rule and reign in righteousness, but even though conditions are wonderful, mankind still will have sin in his heart. That's why many will willfully CHOOSE to follow the devil after he is loosed from the bottomless pit at the end of the thousand years to deceive the nations.  The new heaven and new earth cannot be created while he yet has sway over mankind. He is defeated once and for all, cast into the lake of fire, the rest of dead are all judged accordingly, and THEN the new heavens and new earth according to Rev. 20-21.

• Members
On 5/7/2016 at 4:28 PM, Ronda said:

Brother Eric, I respectfully yet strongly disagree. A quick study in Revelation 20 dispels that statement.

v. 7 "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison" 

We then read that God destroys the devil and those who revolted with him at the end of the millennium, THEN we see the great white throne judgment

v. 11 "And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them."

The heaven and earth flee from God's face THEN, and that's AFTER the millennium. 

We next see the judgment of the rest of the dead v. 15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

What happens then? Rev. 21 starts out with verse 1-2

1 "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."2  "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

The rest of chapter 21 goes into detail about the New Jerusalem. This cannot happen until after the millennium because the heaven and earth don't flee from God's face until Rev. 20:11, AFTER the millennium, after the final revolt of the devil, and after the devil is cast into the lake of fire in Rev. 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

There will still be sin on earth during the millennium. Christ will be there to rule and reign in righteousness, but even though conditions are wonderful, mankind still will have sin in his heart. That's why many will willfully CHOOSE to follow the devil after he is loosed from the bottomless pit at the end of the thousand years to deceive the nations.  The new heaven and new earth cannot be created while he yet has sway over mankind. He is defeated once and for all, cast into the lake of fire, the rest of dead are all judged accordingly, and THEN the new heavens and new earth according to Rev. 20-21.

Ronda,

It is a fun time when someone gets to learn something new. Please read Isaiah 65:17-25 there will be sin and birth and death. After the tribulation the survivors will be judged see Matthew 25:36-45 the righteous will repopulate the earth with children that will have to accept Jesus because they will still have a sin nature. Jesus will fix the earth so they can live on it through the 1000 year reign of Christ.

In Revelation 21:4 there will be no death or sorrow.

• Members

Eric,

Yes, It is a "fun time" when anyone learns something new.  Christ will "fix the earth" as you say, so it can be repopulated throughout the millennium. But again.... I strongly urge you to read/re-read Revelation chapters 20 and 21... note it isn't until  AFTER the devil has been defeated for the FINAL time that God creates a new heaven and a new earth. That's not at all the same as refurbishing or "fixing up" the earth.  It is a total destruction of this earth and a new one created. 

Next, AFTER Rev. 20 comes Rev. 21... which opens up with v.1-2 " 1 "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."2  "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

Read v. 5 "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new..."  He does not say refurbished here.. it is a totally NEW creation where NO unrighteousness will dwell. Again, this entirely NEW creation can't be made until after the devil is defeated the final time.  I do hope you will read the chronology of events and understand that the "refurbishing" is not the same event as the creation of an entirely new and perfect, sinless heaven and earth. 

God bless! 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

My, my my, after my coffee break  :coffee2: I can see that Eric Stahl and Ronda had an ongoing discussion on Isaiah 65:17-25, Matthew 25: 36-45 and its relationship with Revelation chapter 20 and 21 with an emphasis on Revelation 21:4. Wow!!! :sign0200: 

In order not to stir that pot :stirthepot: anymore I will continue where I left off with my last post on the prophesies in the Old Testament that deal specifically with the Kingdom of God on the earth, the 1000 Year Reign of Christ as depicted in Revelation 20:4-6

In order to remind ourselves, and keep on track, below is the last post with the Old Testament prophecies and promises:

On ‎2015‎年‎9‎月‎13‎日 at 8:06 PM, Alan said:

All of the verses listed below are literal promises yet to be fulfilled. None of them have been fulfilled as of this date. They were not fulfilled after the Babylonian captivity, the Resurrection of Christ, 70 a.d., at no time either literally or symbolically fulfilled in the church Age, and none of them are given to the church in any fashion.

Isaiah 9:6 tells us there will be no end to the Kingdom. The Kingdom will continue throughout eternity.

Isaiah chapter 11 the animal kingdom will be changed among other physical blessings.

Isaiah 24:23 After the horrific happenings listed in Isaiah 24:1-22 the, “... LORD of hosts shall reign in Mt Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.”

Isaiah chapter 35 tells us of the great physical blessings in the Millennium.

Isaiah 30:18-26 Please look carefully at verse 20, 21, and 26. None of these have been fulfilled yet.

Isaiah chapter 60 tells us that the Lord will not only restore the nation of Israel but He will glorify the nation of Israel. Isaiah 60:12, “For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yes, those nations shall be utterly wasted.” May I at this juncture remind the Saved Gentiles that the church did not, ‘replace,’ Israel, but the Saved Gentiles are, ‘grafted,’ into the nation of Israel. Romans 11

Isaiah 65:17-25 tells us of the increase of longevity and, ‘... the wolf and the lamb shall feed together...’ see also Zechariah 8:1-8

Ezekiel chapter 47 tells us further great physical changes and blessings.

Hosea 3:5 David will be King over Israel.

Micah 4:1-7 tells us all nations will come to the Millennial Temple.

Zechariah chapter 3 the LORD will take away the filthy garments of the Joshua the High priest in order to serve, ‘... my servant the BRANCH.’ The, BRANCH,’ is the Lord Jesus as KING.

Zechariah 8:21-23 tells us of the restoration of the Jew to international prominence.

Zechariah 9:10 tells us how far the dominion will cover.

Zechariah 12:9-14 tell how the Jews will mourn for the previous unbelief.

Zechariah chapter 14:4-11 and 16-21 tells us of changes of the land and the nations.

Joel 3:18; 2:24-26

Amos 9:13

Isaiah 55:12 & 13

Psalm 67:6

Alan

We will study these promises and prophecies, as they pertain to Revelation 20:4-7, in the above listed order. If possible, let us not get side tracked as these were initially given to prove the contention that Revelation 20:4-7 is the literal fulfillment of these promises and prophesies.

1. Isaiah 9:6, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

First of all this is a direct reference to the incarnation of Christ. Please note that Isaiah was speaking as a Jew, to the Jewish nation of Israel, "...for unto us..." Romans 9:4, states, "Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises." The promise of a literal government, ruled by the Messiah, on Jewish soil, is unkept has not been fulfilled.

"... and the government shall be upon his shoulder:.." The government of the land of Israel has not fallen upon the shoulders of the Lord Jesus in the land of Israel up to our point in time. Therefore, the government of the land of Israel is still future.

Revelation 19:16 gives us the title of the Lord Jesus when He returns physically upon the face of this earth. "And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." At that time, and the time period including Revelation 19:3-7, the government of Israel, and the world, will be upon His shoulders.

Alan

Edited by Alan
spelling spelling strike out & changed one phrase

• Members

Brethren,

Isaiah chapter 11 is quite extensive in its scope. The chapter (to me), breaks down into four different areas, so, I decided to break it down into four lessons.

I do hope that this lesson will be a good starting point to the whole chapter.

Isaiah 11:1-16, “Blessings of the Kingdom of God on the Earth.”

First Section - Verse 1-5

The events set forth by the prophet Isaiah in Isaiah 11 will be fulfilled in its entirety at the Millennial Reign of Christ as depicted in Revelation 19:11-21 and 20:4-6 The initial verse gives all mankind the character of the Lord Jesus, so, naturally that does partially pertain to all peoples in all ages.

The events of Isaiah 11 are literal and not symbolic, allegorical, nor a simile, nor can they be spiritualized in any fashion. Apart from the birth of the Lord Jesus as the Stem of Jesse, none of the events portrayed in Isaiah 11 has occured at any point in the history of Jewish nation of Israel.

Nor has any of these events in Isaiah 11 occured after the resurrection of Christ nor at any time during the Church Age. Nor have they been transferred to the Church in any fashion. The events are literal.

The Character and Work of the Lord Jesus

Verse 1-5, “And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: and the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.”  

The Lord Jesus is out of the lineage ‘the stem,’ of Jesse. The Lord Jesus is the ‘Branch.’ Zechariah 3:8, “Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.”

The character of the Lord Jesus is brought forth in verse 2 and 3.

“... and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes...” This is a direct reference to the judgment as referred to in Revelation 20:4. All of the people, incidents, timing mentioned in Revelation is literal and in absolutely no way can be considered as allegorical, spiritualized, or in any way pertaining to the church age.

“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which not had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.” Revelation 20:4

The Sermon on the Mount

In order to enter the kingdom of God on the earth the individual must enter the kingdom of God in heaven through the salvation of the soul. Please take note that in Matthew 5:1-7:29 the Lord Jesus says, ‘Kingdom of Heaven.’ In the same sermon recorded in Luke 6:20-49 the Lord Jesus says, ‘Kingdom of God.’

In the Sermon on the Mount, the Lord Jesus taught us to pray, “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.” Matthew 6:9 One day God’s will be done on the face of the earth for one thousand years.

“But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, In the Sermon on the Mount, in a direct reference to the Kingdom of God on the earth, in His opening remarks, the Lord Jesus plainly stated, “Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 5:3 The poor in spirit, who are not only righteous in salvation, but poor in spirit, will one day obtain the right to dwell in the kingdom of heaven on the earth.

“... and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: ...” “Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.” Matthew 6:5 One day the meek will inherit the earth.

“... and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.”  This is a graphic depiction of the events in Revelation 19:11-21 as Jesus returns as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS in preparation for His Millennial reign.

“And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.”  Please study Isaiah chapter 60. Revelation 19:11, “And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.”

• Moderators

I can give one simple verse to clear up the issue of the time of the New Heaven and New Earth:

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea." (Rev 21:1)

Notice: New heaven a new earth-why? because the FIRST heaven and FIRST earth were passed away. Clearly, until this point, after the tribulation, the wrath, the earthly millennial kingdom and the GWT Judgment, there has only been ONE earth, and ONE heaven, each referred to here as the first.  So when Christ returns to reign, He does a lot to fix things, to make it pleasant to live upon, but there will still be remnants of the curse, like the seasons, including winter, because the Lord said in Gen 8: 22, "While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease." BUT, it will be more pleasant, the deserts will bloom, etc. Anytime my wife throws a cherry seed or something out of the car, she likes to say, "When God returns, he will make all those seeds grow into trees!" I don't know that I agree with her, but it will be more pleasant.

See, Rhonda, we DO agree sometimes! :lol: