• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation Bible Study.

• Members

Brethren,

We are currently studying the prophecies of the Old Testament that give us detailed information concerning the 1000 Year Reign of Christ, the Millenium, as depicted in Revelation 20:4-7.

All of your comments, thoughts, and questions are welcomed and appreciated. We will be studying 19 passages in the Old Testament that correlate with Revelation 20:4-7. These 19 passages (or lessons), are listed in my September 13, 2015 post in this thread. Each passage is considered one lesson for this study.

God bless all  of you.

Alan

September 7, 2016 update 

Salyan,

Thank you for the break on the Revelation chapter 19-22 study. We do appreciate the break in order to relfect on all that was written.

I am ready to continue the study. We can either continue on the last lesson, Revelation 22:16 & 17, or I can upload the next lesson, Revelation 22:18 and 19. I have no personal preferance.

Thank you.

Reagrds,

Alan

Edited by Alan
September 7, 2016 update (written in blue)

• Members

looking forward to the study again. I'm in prayer that all will go well and many will be blessed.

Kindly thanking you brother Alan for taking of your time to share Gods Word with all of us whom hunger in our hearts for Gods Word.

God bless brother.

• Members

Salyan,

I have just finished the lesson on Revelation 22: 20 & 21, "Surely I come quickly, your friend, Jesus." This is also the last lesson in the Revelation chapter 19-22 study.

If you would like for me to incorporate it into the previous lesson, Revelation 22:18 & 19, and then just have one last complete lesson, that is fine with me. As before, I have no personal preferance.

Regards,

Alan

• Members

"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Salyan,

Thank you for allowing the posting of the final lesson in the Revelation Chapter 19-22 Study. I do appreciate it very much.

Moderators,

Thank you for your help involved in the moderating of the lessons in the Revelation studies.

Brethren,

Thank you (for the most part), for the fine discussions, ideas, spirit, questions, and thoughts brought out throughout the study. It is my hope that the study was a blessing to you as it was to me. During the discussions I learned quite a bit, the questions made me think a little bit harder,  and I appreciated the fellowship.

Alan

• Members

John 81

I understand the question and am not sure how to answer. For the most part the discussions in the Revelation was beneficial and helpful to all concerned. But, due to the contentious spirit of just a few men (three unamed men at this juncture),they were able to derail the study for awhile until I was able to finish and allowed to upload the final lesson.   

You will notice in the last lesson, specifically, Revelation 22:18 & 19, that there is a severe warning to those who change: (1) any of the prophecies of the Book of Revelation, and; (2) any of the words of the book of Revelation and/or the scriptures. Both of these severe warnings would undoutedly cause some contentions on the thread due to individuals, in my opinion, violating these warnings, due to their changing of the doctrines contained in the Book of Revelation. And, that some of the brethren here on OnLine Baptist do not use the KJV in their churches but use the NASV or the NIV. Some of the brethren are not convinced that God did preserve His word. Maybe, just maybe, that was the reason for locking the thread.

The above are my own thoughts and I cannot speak for others: nor for the actions of the moderators. Nor do I want to debate, nor even discuss, the actions of the moderators. The actions of the moderators were appropriate.

If you, or any other of the brethren, would like to have a different thread to discuss the last lesson, or maybe ask your questions on this thread, and the moderators deem it ok, than I would happy to coninue the discussion. I did mention in the Revelation thread though (to Covenanter), that I would not debate, nor argue, in the Revelation thread, or in any other thread. I also mentioned to one of the other brethren that I normally will discuss a particular issue only twice; after the second time I drop the issue as it normally turns into an arugument after that.

HappyChristian and eswarden

Thank you for enjoying the last lesson on Revelation. I am glad it was a blessing to you and am encouraged by your, 'like.'

Any of the brethren have any thoughts on this matter?

Alan

• Moderators

How are we supposed to discuss the final lesson if the thread is locked?

I was the one who unlocked the thread long enough for the brief conclusion to be posted. Other mods were aware of my action, it was not done behind their backs. The reason I re-locked was simple -- I did not originally lock it and am not going to leave it open thus countermanding another mod's decision. Doing so would have been rude to the mod and stepping out of place.

• Members

I was the one who unlocked the thread long enough for the brief conclusion to be posted. Other mods were aware of my action, it was not done behind their backs. The reason I re-locked was simple -- I did not originally lock it and am not going to leave it open thus countermanding another mod's decision. Doing so would have been rude to the mod and stepping out of place.

Thank you, that makes sense.

• Members

HappyChristian,

Thank you for your advice. I am sure that all of us appreciate it very much.

Brethren,

Right now I am at our new church computer in a different city from my personal computer. Unless I am re-directed by a moderator, in a little over three hours I will be able to start the new thread for comments, discussions, and questions concerning the Revelation thread; primarily the last lesson, Revelation 22:18-21. 

Alan

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

John Young,

We appreciate you liking the study. If there are any particular comments that stand out and you think would be a blessing to the other readers, please comment on them. Part of this lesson will be to edify and encourage one another so that all of us can realize the blessing of eternity.

Alan

• Members

A  book I recommend that shows how the modern versions take away, and change the meaning of verses is, "Look What's Missing"  by David W Daniels

you are correct,... A person who embraces or teaches false teaching is not in agreement with God, and is therefore, not walking with Him.

• Members

A  book I recommend that shows how the modern versions take away, and change the meaning of verses is, "Look What's Missing"  by David W Daniels

you are correct,... A person who embraces or teaches false teaching is not in agreement with God, and is therefore, not walking with Him.

The book, "Look What's Missing," by David W. Daniels is an excellent book on the deceitfulness of these these modern versions. It is an easy to be understood book and written for the layman in mind. I would heartedly recommend it to all of the brethren. It is available by Chick Publications and if you go to the following link to Chick Publications you can browse through the book before you purchase it. http://www.chick.com/catalog/books/excerpts/1271_ex.asp

Standing Firm in Christ,

Thank you very much for bringing the book, "Look What's Missing," to our attention. We do appreciate it very much.

Alan

Edited by Alan

• Members

Brethren,

I received a private message requesting discussing two items that I wrote about:

1. "The first three chapters are the history of 7 churches that John the Apostle knew about. These 7 churches represent the 7 different types of churches in the church Age and they represent the 7 different ages of the Church Age."

I did not go into any detail concerning this comment as it did not pertain to main points of Revelation 21:18-21. The above statement is a very broad statement and is not considered doctrine in any sense of the word. So, there is much differences of opinion within the independent Baptist ranks.  I purposely did not explain myself very much. If any of the brethren want to expound on this statement, comment on it, or let my know why they would not say such a thing, and you feel it is worthwhile to discuss the issue, than please do so.

2.  “And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”

The false prophets, false ministers, false teachers, and the translators of these false bibles, are to receive the harshest punishments possible. These punishments are plainly listed and need little comment.

1. The plagues written in the Book of Revelation will be increased.

2. They will not be able to partake of the Tree of Life.

3. They will not be able to partake of the Water of Life.

4. They will not be able to Reign with Christ in His 1000 Year Reign. Revelation 20:4-6

5. They will not be with God on the earth for eternity. Revelation 21:3

2 Peter 2:9, “The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished.”

The above statement could you some clarification.

Evidently, there are some people who use the above verses to prove, or insinuate, that a person could lose their salvation due to the above sin of, "adding or taking away," from God's word.

The scriptures are very clear. Once a person is saved, that person is eternally secure in Christ Jesus. In the scriptures, when God says we have, everlasting life," that is exactly what He means. A saved person cannot lose his/her salvation and is "sealed" by the Holy Spirit the moment of salvation until the redemption of the body when Jesus comes. Ephesians 4:30, "And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed until the day of redemption." 

I also want to remind the reader what I previously wrote in Psalm 12:6-8, “The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.” In the sight of God, the translators who tamper the written scriptures are, "wicked," and "vile." They are not saved nor where they ever saved. "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God." Psalm 9:17

Rebecca said something in the Laodicea thread that is applicable to these translators (false prophets):

Of course Alan believes the Bible is our final authority! It's quite obvious by the context that the sentence is talking about the churches today who disregard God's Word, it is not their final authority. Alan is correct, in this day and age more and more churches are laying aside the Bible in favor of books written by man. Once upon a time, the Bible was revered, it was considered holy, and it was treated as such by those in the churches throughout the world. But, in this day and age the Bible is offensive even to some of those in the church so they disregard it or change it to suit their warped beliefs. If the churches truly loved the Word of God, there would not be so many perverted bibles on the market today, the people of God would be too terrified to change God's holy words. But they're not scared, not even a tad bit worried. And that's because they don't believe the Bible is the very Word of God, to them it's just a book.

These translators have no fear of God nor of the Judgment of God.

2 Peter chapter 2 is primarily a chapter about false prophets. Please also note that in the last statement I quoted 2 Peter 2:9 “The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished.” God, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, told us that the false prophets are, "unjust." They are not, "justified," they are unjust and still in their sins. The false prophets were never saved; just like the multitude of false prophets in our age. They say they are saved and know how to talk like a Christian but in the sight of God they are, "unjust."

In conclusion, I also previously mentioned one of the root causes of the problem with these translators (false prophets), is that they lack spiritual discernment. Like the Mormons and the J.W.'s they are the blind leading the blind. Matthew 15:10-14; 1 Corinthians 2:14; 1 John 4:1 and Romans 8:9, "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

I hope that I clarified my position. If there are any of the brethren who would like to add their own comments than please do so.

Alan

Edited by Alan
phraseology wrong