• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

church of philadelphia

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

No he doesn't believe satan will rapture people. He believes the rapture is Just for the chuch of Philidelphia. Rev.3:10 (to the Church of Philidelphia) Because you have obeyed my command to perserve, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world... He believes satan's rapture is people yelling they are going to be raptured, yet they follow false Doctrins.. Philidelphia , means Love, Jesus said the whole law was bases on the first two laws, Love God 1st and then love others as you love yourself. Also the Church of Phili. heard Gods commands and chose to Obey them. Jesus said pray always that you are counted worthy to get out of the tribulation in luke 21:36. How many people pray every day to get out of the tribulation. If you arent then you aren't preserving God's command. If you aren't loving God (Hateing evil ), And treating others as you hope to be treated. etc... Then how can we hope to be raptured? :amen:

• Members
There is a man on the NET calling himself Pastor Harry Walther' date=' Is he some kind of false prophet? He uses the BibleCode to preach about the end times? He also claimes to know who the Anti-Christ is. He sais the Beast is Maitreya????[/quote']

You said in a previous post that Harry Walther is your pastor...

So, I don't really understand your reason behind this thread. Unless it's another man with your pastor's name.

• Members

Well if my understanding is correct Maitreya is a good possibility to be the anti christ. Maitreya is not his name it is Just the name of the next Buddha they are waiting for like the Muslims waiting for the 12th Imam. I believe Maitrey is supposed to be the world teacher. Every religion in the world is waiting for theie "messiah" Except for biblical Christianity. I will do alittle more research on it and get back to you. God bless. :)

• Members
There is a man on the NET calling himself Pastor Harry Walther' date=' Is he some kind of false prophet? He uses the BibleCode to preach about the end times? He also claimes to know who the Anti-Christ is. He sais the Beast is Maitreya????[/quote']

Yes. He's a heretic, an antichrist himself, and a nutcase. :)

From his visually (and mentally) painful website:

Ok, we'll check back in a month and a half and see what his excuse is. "Oops, I forgot to transpose those two glyphs! Hee hee! It's Obama after all!"

• Members

I believe Pastor Harry is write that the Church of Philidelphia is the one true Church. They are the only church to get raptured in Revelation 3:10. The others are told to repent or else. or else what? they were not promissed the rapture so I would guess that they will be left behind. But what is the Church of Phili.? Philidelphia means Brotherly Love. Jesus Said the whole law was to Love God first then love others as we love our self. But be careful when you say I love God, the Bible sais to love God is to hate evil. But once again you have to be careful we are to do unto others as we would have doen unto us, that is the love of others. so if some one sins against us we need to hate the evil but forgive them any way. The church of Phili also kept the word of Jesus patience. They did exactly as Jesus told them to do. Jesus said in Matthew 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worty to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the son of man. (KJV) If you are not praying to get out of the tribulation you will be left behind with the Luke warm christian who are vomited out Christs mouth.
:amen::clap: :pray

• Members

I believe Pastor Harry is write that the Church of Philidelphia is the one true Church. They are the only church to get raptured in Revelation 3:10. The others are told to repent or else. or else what? they were not promissed the rapture so I would guess that the or else is that they will be left behind. But what is the Church of Phili.? Philidelphia means Brotherly Love. Jesus Said the whole law was to Love God first then love others as we love our self. But be careful when you say I love God, the Bible sais to love God is to hate evil. But once again you have to be careful we are to do unto others as we would have doen unto us, that is the love of others. so if some one sins against us we need to hate the evil but forgive them any way. The church of Phili also kept the word of Jesus patience. They did exactly as Jesus told them to do. Jesus said in Matthew 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worty to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the son of man. (KJV) If you are not praying to get out of the tribulation you will be left behind with the Luke warm christian who are vomited out Christs mouth.
:amen::clap: :pray

• 9 months later...
  • Members

this whole goofy concept is derived from the false "Seven Church Ages Doctrine" invented in WEngland by John Darby & spread in the USA by the charlatan pentecostal teleminister William Marrion Branham.(1909-1965) This doctrine is phony as a football bat. Jesus had John write to seven churches which were in existence at that time. Now, while types of all those churches exist now, they did NOT go thru any "age" when each type was prevalent. That's just a buncha man-made hokey and heresy.

And so are "Bible codes". Anyone with computer programming skills can invent such a code! For example, a coupla Swedish computer whizzes invented a code that extracted "Jesus", Christ", and "God" from Hitler's Mein Kampf more times than it did from Luther's German Bible!

GOD means for His word to be UNDERSTOOD! Now, while none of us can COMPLETELY understand it to the nth degree since we are not equal to GOD, we CAN understand it enough to know how to properly worship Him and resist Satan.

My personal 'take' of Scripture is to believe it LITERALLY AS POSSIBLE. While I know it contains some similes, metaphors, imagery & analogies, when it sez "thou shalt not STEAL", I believe it means JUST THAT, that ANY type of theft, the unlawful or immoral taking or using of any property or service not mine, or paid for by me, is a sin, no questions asked, even if a loophole in man's law allows it. That is a basic Fundamentalist concept, and I see no valid arguments against it.

• Members

this whole goofy concept is derived from the false "Seven Church Ages Doctrine" invented in WEngland by John Darby & spread in the USA by the charlatan pentecostal teleminister William Marrion Branham.(1909-1965) This doctrine is phony as a football bat. Jesus had John write to seven churches which were in existence at that time. Now, while types of all those churches exist now, they did NOT go thru any "age" when each type was prevalent. That's just a buncha man-made hokey and heresy.

And so are "Bible codes". Anyone with computer programming skills can invent such a code! For example, a coupla Swedish computer whizzes invented a code that extracted "Jesus", Christ", and "God" from Hitler's Mein Kampf more times than it did from Luther's German Bible!

GOD means for His word to be UNDERSTOOD! Now, while none of us can COMPLETELY understand it to the nth degree since we are not equal to GOD, we CAN understand it enough to know how to properly worship Him and resist Satan.

My personal 'take' of Scripture is to believe it LITERALLY AS POSSIBLE. While I know it contains some similes, metaphors, imagery & analogies, when it sez "thou shalt not STEAL", I believe it means JUST THAT, that ANY type of theft, the unlawful or immoral taking or using of any property or service not mine, or paid for by me, is a sin, no questions asked, even if a loophole in man's law allows it. That is a basic Fundamentalist concept, and I see no valid arguments against it.

The only charlatan is you steelmaker. Stop posing as a fundamentalist.

The "Seven Ages" are there whether you like it or not. As is the seven kinds of local churches, seven historical churches, and seven churches on this earth during the Great Tribulation.

• Members

Jesus did NOT introduce any "seven church ages" doctrine. He had John write letters to seven churches in existence at that time, and nothing more. Now, while I'll be the first to agree that there are types of all 7 of those churches around today, there was NO "age" for each type of these churches, and anything else beyond what JESUS had John do is man-made & false.

And Branham was as much a charlatan as any operating today.

And, BTW, I AM a fundie, whether you like it or not, whether you believe it or not, Witchblah, prolly more so than you, as you believe at least one man-made false doctrine, while I believe NO doc of worship invented by man.