• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chrome

Pastor Matt

• Members

One thing I like about Firefox is color tabs, its a add on, hope they make them for Chrome. Took me a bit to figure out the bookmarks, seems like they will work real good.

Seems they hid everything out of sight, but it all seems to work real good.

According to what I've read this browser has been well received and many have downloaded it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I haven't had that trouble, but I can't get it to work with http://setmy.browsersize.com/. Oddly enough http://setmy.browsersize.com/ works with FF and Safari, but not with Opera. That's another similarity to opera, while supposedly being built on the Safari rendering engine. Hmm.

• Members

I've noticed to, its spell check is not as good as Outlook Express nor Firefox. I'm not that great of speller nor typer, some of my words are spelled so bad that it want show the proper spelling.

Here is an article from PC magazine.

Google's Chrome: 7 Reasons for It and 7 Reasons Against It

http://www.pcworld.com/article/150585/article.html?tk=nl_sbxnws

• Members

I've been having trouble on and off with my IE on my main computer, for some reason something is stuck in my mouse (or who knows what) and the menu bar keeps flashing up and down. Anyway so used Chrome a few times and it is pretty fast and easy to use. I like it better than Opera, I think, the way its set up. And I rarely use spellcheck so that's not a feature I worry about.

• Members
I've been having trouble on and off with my IE on my main computer' date=' for some reason something is stuck in my mouse (or who knows what) and the menu bar keeps flashing up and down. Anyway so used Chrome a few times and it is pretty fast and easy to use. I like it better than Opera, I think, the way its set up. And I rarely use spellcheck so that's not a feature I worry about.[/quote']

Must be nice to be a good speller!

Yes, it is much faster than either IE, Firefox, or Opera. I'm using it 95 % of the time, it does everything I need it to do and perhaps they will get those things I've complained about fixed rather soon.

Which a lot of the time I will write my post out in Outlook Express them copy and paste them into the post.

• Members
Dwayner, I rightly don't know what you mean, I'm not a computer geek.

Suzy, who are you saying that to?

I'm just saying I agree. Chrome's spell checker is nowhere near as good as Fire fox's... (though I am not sure what being a geek has to do with that sentence ;-) )

And Suzy, I would if I could but I can't. 12 years of Private Christian school, and all I got was a reliance on autocorrect in Word. Without it, I'd be up a creek.