• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I'm A New Member

• Members

Hello, My name is Janice. I am a independent Baptist. I only read & study from the King's James version bible.I grew up very early on learning & being taught about God's love, grace & mercy for all & His great forgiveness & the greatest sacrifice ever which was His only Son whom died upon that cruel cross of Calvary for all sinners & that they all would one day accept Him as their Lord & Saviour & ask Him into their hearts  believing so as to call Heaven their eternal home one day. My father was a Independent Baptist minister as long as I could remember & my mother was always right there working with my father as he served in his ministry. So very early on I learned about God, His love & forgiveness for all.

• Moderators

Welcome!

This will seem an odd question, but there is a precedence for it: Have you been born again by grace through faith in Jesus Christ?

I ask this, not to be contentious, but because I have know people who were raised right, in a good IFB church, even with a Pastor for a father, who learned and knew everything, yet, when challenged, and really looking at themselves, discovered to their dismay that they had never actually sought salvation-it was just an assumption.

A good pastor friend of mine married such a young lady, who, after almost ten years of marriage, realized she had never sought salvation, and was saved then. Another who was the child of missionaries, who only as an adult, being herself married to a missionary, found herself unsaved. So as I say, there is a precedence for my question.

Thanks. Happy to have you here.