• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Being sneaky... (Lame soulwinning joke)

• Members

Which actually raises a good point which I sometimes use with folks who claim to have "tried Jesus but it didn't work out".

If they had truly "tried Jesus" they would still be with Jesus.

This sometimes opens doors to explain a person doesn't "try Jesus" simply by deciding to try and obey the ten commandments or keeping the golden rule, doing this or that, avoiding certain things. To truly "try Jesus" a person must indeed make a commitment (and it is a long term commitment!) to Christ Himself.

• Members

I'm of the opinion the Gospel saves.  Some people get excited about miracles some even look for them.  Like healings and such.  Which are wonderful of course.  You see the Gospel save and that's probably the greatest thing I have ever seen.  I do what I do I just do it I'm there.  To watch that is something Salvation. Tongues all the other things people participate in I guess?.  Really want to see something?  Get out there on outreach.  Preach the Gospel to people that need saving.  In my opinion.  I need go no further than that.  Faith without works is dead.  Pray for enablement.  I consider myself really, really blessed to get to do what I do.  I am very grateful.  Being a missionary might be the ulitmate in my opinion.  In a land that doesn't have Christ.  

Edited by Potatochip