• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Atheism is a fool trying to be his own god while he says there is no God.  It's a self-deluding religious philosophy in which the believe attempts to convince themselves that they have in themselves the right to exist outside of the fire of Hell.  Of course they deny that they are religiously trying to be God to, for, by, and in  themselves because their dogma insists they cannot acknowledge any God.  It's self-negating nonsense, ultimately negating the believer in non-belief  from life......and I imagine that even in the fire of Hell they will never really believe that they can never get out of it.  It's pitiful, sad, intellectualized temper tantrums against God.  The atheist worships his own intellect and his own pride even though neither his intellect nor his pride can get them out of death nor keep them out of Hell.  The believe God is dispelled by their unbelief, and He is replaced by the atheist for the atheist.

I have no interest in atheism, but I do enjoy exposing it's folly and speaking the truth against it.  Every once in a while I hear of an atheist repenting and getting saved, and it's always a wonderful and powerful testimony.   The last one I heard of, other than the member of this site I read earlier today, said she was a third or fourth generation atheist whose father taught atheism as a college course.  One day she realized she was dying and had no way of being sure Hell was not real and she decided to believe on Jesus in His resurrection and she received Him as her Savior and from then on knew Him in reality and was forever changed.  The gospel is so simple a child can understand it, but somehow atheists can invest a lifetime studying their anti-religion belief hoping against hope in something they can never be sure of, in that they really do have the right to exist outside of the fire of Hell.

• Members

You bring out a good point when you speak of atheists hating God. That's a driving factor for many of them, tho few will admit it. When it comes right down to it, those who are the most outspoken against the God they claim doesn't exist, themselves believe God does exist because they hold a hatred, even bitterness towards God which is why they lash out so.

They fight the evidence all around them for the existence of God, they force down that inner conviction which tells them God is real, they fight or run from the Gospel and Holy Ghost conviction. All of this fighting against God, against their own thoughts, against Christians boils over in hatred and bitterness which if left unchecked leaves them with hardened hearts, blinded eyes and deaf ears; lost with no future but that of hellfire and torment.

• Moderators

A shame if he left, because I believe the greatest evidence of God's existence is clearly the nation of Israel.

As a nation, Israel should not exist. It is a tiny place, which was abandoned due to war almost 2,000 years ago, its inhabitants spread to the four corners of the earth, into all nations.

Yet somehow wherever they went, they maintained their national identity, split apart as they were, away from their homeland for so long, even Biblical scholars chose to reinterpret prophecies about Israel at the end to reflect replacement theology-where it came from. After all, there was no actual Israel, so they figured the Bible MUST be talking about the church, having replaced them.

yet somehow, though through great tragedy, Israel was given back to Jacob, and from every corner of the world, the Jewish people began to return to their homeland. An absolute impossibility from any earthly standpoint that the peoples who were cast out of their land millennia before, would not only return, but that the very nations that had rejected those people, would recognize the fact that it was, indeed, Israel. Give me, please, any example like that concerning any other nation.

As well, Israel, though a tiny nation, is again at the center of national news on almost a continual basis-it has the hatred of pretty much all her neighbors, who have all made it clear they intend to destroy her, though she has little to offer. And somehow, such a tiny nation has fought against, and prevailed over, vastly superior odds in battle. Another impossibility.

Everything about Israel defies the odds, and all those things point to only one possibility: that the Bible is true, and God is real and still has a plan for Israel. Otherwise, why do so many spend so much time and effort in hating them? Seriously, all they want to do is be left alone in their land. Many Palestinians already know that they have gotten along fine in Israel, and lived in peace alongside Jews, except for when the countries decide to fight against Israel. But there is such an international hatred against Israel, which can also only be explained by Bible truth.

Israel is the greatest proof of the existence of God there can be found.

• Members

We know Israel proves God and the Bible, but atheists today are systematically taught to doubt the history of Israel and the authorship of the Bible.  Atheists use textual criticism to discredit God being the author of his  word the same as modern version promoters use it to discredit the King James Bible, and they use many questionable,  well compiled, intentionally doubt-casting false histories of the world.   Atheists take the lead in the discussions by getting Christians to talk about anything other than the simple truth of the gospel and the fact that the atheist does not have the right as a sinner to exist outside of the fire of Hell.  They are on thin ice melting over the fire of Hell skating around making a show longer and more dramatic than the Ice Capades, and as long as they are leading the discussion along their own lines of historical doubt-casting and imaginations of scientific proof that God and Hell are unreal,  they feel like they are the stars of their own show validated by their religion of atheism.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I consider "religion" as any life philosophy that guides your thoughts, words and deeds.  So, yes, I consider atheism a religion.  I do not consider my faith a religion, it is a relationship.  I have a personal relationship with God.  It is not like most relationships we are familiar with, because God is spirit the relationship will be spiritual.  But I do experience God's presence and communication from Him through His Word and His Spirit.