• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Opinions About Evolution?

• Members

Please allow me to clear some of this up. As I was reading a news story with an evolutionary slant on a website, I engaged with him and others on the errors of evolutionary theory and deep time. He clearly wanted to have a more involved debate than the limited space of the comment section would allow and my network doesn't seem work well with the site anyway; so I gave him some reference material and said he could find me on here if he wanted to continue the discussion. My intent was never for him to jump head-first into the forum, but rather to have a personal conversation with him and go from there.

I'm a little disappointed that a good witnessing opportunity was squandered so quickly. He may never have relented or changed his mind and come to saving faith, but you don't know that he wouldn't. I seriously doubt anyone on this board would potentially be swayed by any of his arguments, and so I would have expected a kinder and more Christian approach to be taken with someone who willingly ventured into an environment opposed to his worldview. Rather than using his willingness to engage the Christian community in a civil manner to patiently and genuinely present Christ, this thread turned into an all-out assault as if the wall of faith was somehow penetrable. I'm saddened by the lost opportunity to chip away at a lost soul's faulty worldview and honestly sow some good seed. We are all called (and held responsible) to sow the Gospel seed. How people respond to that is in God's hands (1 Cor 3:7-8). We should be willing to offer the Gospel and explain/defend our faith with meekness, fear, and love as many times as someone is willing to listen to it (1 Pet 3:15). If we truly have the love of God and love for God and are concerned to do His will, we will never stop offering someone a chance to hear the truth and come to Jesus until they refuse to hear it any more. We should never stop chipping away at unbelief. If God is concerned with every soul, and so should we be.

So what if he was here with an agenda and is intent on sowing doubt. Is your faith shakable? His might be; but you'll never know if you don't try.

So what if he rejects every fact and argument. Is your willingness to endure his unbelief with patience limited to his willingness to believe you? God waits patiently for every sinner, and so should we (2 Pet 3:9).

So what if he'll never accept the truth. Does that change your relationship with Jesus? Is it too much for you to let him exhaust his excuses? Eventually he will either accept the truth or disengage show his true heart on the matter.

I understand that this site is not geared specifically toward evangelism, but when we willingly reject an opportunity to witness to an unbeliever, we're out of tune with the mission of Jesus Christ and we've forfeited the eternal reward being a faithful servant.

• Members

A shame he ran off so quickly. The fallacies of evolution and merits of creationism are easily shown. unfortunately, its clear he isn't really interested in truth, thus could not be honest enough to receive it, as is the case with many evolutionists.

Did you see the following, bearing in mind the guy is but a youth still living with his parents. I highlighted some of the comments.

Opinions On Atheists?

Hi all :)

As some of you may know, I'm a recent member invited by another member of this online forum. I'm also an atheist.

So far, I have been treated fairly respectably on this board which I greatly appreciate, but there have been some inklings by fellow board members as to the intent of some of my posts.

In an effort to help me further understand Christian doctrine and the opinions of Christians in general, I've started this thread so that the following question can be answered: what do you think about atheists and why?

(Possible suggestions for discussion: what do you think an atheist is, what do you think an atheist believes or doesn't believe, do you have any atheistic friends, etc etc; by the way, fill free to express your honest opinion, I don't offend easy ;) )

Started by Professor_Physika, Saturday at 7:32 PM
Edited Saturday at 7:33 PM by Professor_Physika
Grammatical issues!

RevBob
Posted Saturday at 8:21 PM
>>>>>There are only two faiths in the world--true Christianity and satanism. (Matt 12:30)  You belong to the later.  "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." John 8:44

Any time you think of yourself, any time you look at yourself in the mirror, you should take a hard look and give a serious thought to the kind of filth that you are.  Jesus hates you (Ps. 5:5) and He will send you to Hell, to be tortured there for eternity.  You will wallow in burning sulfurous pit, you'll be burning, weeping and gnashing your teeth(Luke 13:28, Matt. 8:12) while Satan and his devils will tearing your flesh apart.

But all that doesn't have to be that way because Jesus, in His infinite mercy, gave you a way out!  Repent, accept Him as your Savior, and you might be Saved, and become one of those that Jesus loves and accepts into His kingdom of joy, peace, and happiness. Praise!<<<<<

• Members

I'm not defending his coming here, since the board rules clearly say this is a fellowship forum and not a debate form, meaning not a place for others to come in and debate our fundamental beliefs, but I've gotta comment on the bit above. He's saying he came here under pretenses, so what he's saying is that he was told he'd be able to have serious discussions when he was invited here, but that it transpires (according to him) that were no serious discussions to be had. He's saying he was invited here under a pretense. Whether TheSword really did invite him and whether he really did tell this guy that this forum was a place for debate, I don't really care since the guy still should have read the forum rules.

Perhaps he meant that The Swords invite was some what of a pretence, although I think Matt was just trying to lead the guy to some light filled discussion, but instead he got the Rev Bob and his wrapped truth. Sorry Bob you seem to be blind with the gall of bitterness, that's my best diagnosis.

• 2 weeks later...