• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Opinions About Evolution?

• Members

As I have stated, I'll not have any discussions with you.

You can paint it any way you wish, gloss it over if you wish...but the fact remains (and you have just admitted) that you are using faith.

You are placing your faith in something that you also admitted is only an example for explaining life, its diversity, and its origins. That's all you will ever have, because evolution cannot and will not be...observed. Therefore, evolution isn't...science. Evolution falls under "natural science". Therefore, if it can't be observed, it's not science. That alone should cause you to question your object of faith.

You are placing your faith in something that you also admitted to have only read about.

You have also admitted that the only observed research that you have personally been involved with proves adaptation...not evolution.

You put your faith in an ever-changing "book" that is proven wrong by it's own "writers" as new "chapters" are written that show previous "verses" to be wrong...even though they claimed to be true when they were written.

I have a book authored by one Person, a book that never changes, and a book that has never been proven wrong and will never be proven wrong. The same truths that were recorded in it thousands of years ago still hold true today. History has validated the truths of this book. Archaeology has validated the truths of this book. SCIENCE has validated the truths of this book.

Seems awfully logical to accept something that has been proven to be true.

You need to get saved Professor. You need to repent of this foolish logic that has you blinded to God and headed to an eternity of pain and torment in the lake of fire. You're a sinner, and as a sinner you will die and go to hell. Then, one day in the future, you will stand before God and be judged. There will be no excuses, no second chances, and no pleas of mercy will help. You will be cast alive into the lake of fire where you will spend eternity. Your only hope is to accept the Lord Jesus Christ's death, burial, and resurrection as the payment for your sins.

Professor, the Lord Jesus Christ loves you. He died for you, he was buried for you, and he rose from the grave for you.

Read it ---> http://john3verse7.weebly.com/

• Members

Hi all,

This post is going out to every forum I have commented on. I have come to the conclusion that my presence is most likely unwanted and unappreciated. I came to this forum under the pretenses that I would be able to enjoy serious discussions concerning theological issues rather than simply being told that my motives are suspect, I am a liar, I am filth, etc etc.

I hold no ill will towards anyone here and understand that these are your sincerely held beliefs. Unfortunately, the negative reception I have received makes me all the more reserved in my thoughts about being honest with those who don't know my beliefs.

I hope my presence has not caused any undue secession amongst your ranks and I now respectively depart from this site. I will attempt to delete my account, although a moderator may be required to do that. If this is the case, I ask that it be done.

Good day to all and thank you for the answers I've received.

• Members

He doesn't like anybody telling him that he deserves to die and burn in Hell the same as everybody else...he doesn't want the truth...his own words, though perhaps a Freudian slip in poor English, state that what he was doing here was a "pretense",  defined by the Oxford dictionary as "an attempt to make something that is not the case appear true".  He's not finding enough people here who are willing to entertain his "wisdom" and "science", so now he leaves with a general insult against all Christians.  So much for Mr. Nice Guy.

"I came to this forum under the pretenses that I would be able to enjoy serious discussions concerning theological issues...."

Saying he wanted to enjoy serious discussions of theological issues was a pretense, making his true motive of desiring to destroy the faith of Christians by the same means he has been persuaded to reject God, the atheistic gurus he idolizes with all their atheistic beliefs masked under the pretense of science....my guess is a first or second year college student since that "changes in alleles in populations" stuff  is Bio 101 evolutionary propaganda.  The poor kid has bought into it for some reason thinks he needs to sell it to others, and that is what he came here for.  Atheism is self-delusional, so it becomes hard for an atheist to be honest about the motivations of their beliefs.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

Jordan Kurecki, and Brethren,

Thank you very much for letting the brethren know about the book, "Darwin's Black Box."

I have read, and studied very closely, "Darwin's Black box," by Michael J. Behe. It is an excellent book refuting Evolution in a scrientific manner. Any inteligent, and open-minded person, who reads the book can only come to the concrete conclusion that Darwin's theory of evolution is non-scrientific in the Biochemical realm of science. It is my recommendation that all of the brethern obtain a copy of the book and study it closely.

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

http://www.amazon.com/The-Devils-Delusion-Scientific-Pretensions/dp/0465019374

consider this book and consider a review of it:

"I suppose most people like to at least appear to be open-minded, but sometimes I wonder how often (say) a conservative Republican sits down to read Noam Chomsky's political screeds, or a dedicated leftist sits down to enjoy Adam Smith. I picked up "The Devil's Delusion" in just that spirit, fully expecting to find a book which would argue against most of my own beliefs.

I wasn't really expecting something as brilliant, challenging, and engaging as this. If you think that the only people who don't believe in evolution are Fundamentalist knuckle-dragging Georgia swamp-dwellers, you're in for a big surprise. Berlinski himself is an agnostic of Jewish descent, an astonishingly erudite man and a brilliant thinker. He also writes frightfully well. And it is often hard to disagree with him. As he notes in the opening pages of this book --- concerning religion, God, and the rest: "I do not know whether any of this is true. I am certain that the scientific community does not know that it is false."

You might want to read those two sentences again, because they form the logical heart and soul of this book. Berlinski is not on a mission to preach religion; his task is to make plain just how little we actually know about the universe, and to try and re-awaken our sense of wonder. In this, he succeeds brilliantly.

The book cannot really be summarized in a brief review, but let me try to show you at least his thoughts about cosmology and the Big Bang. First, he makes it clear that the atheist camp has always had a hankering for an eternal universe (funny, that describes me, too) and a huge dislike for a universe which had an actual beginning, and then he demonstrates that all of current cosmological theory and knowledge points to the Big Bang as a singularity --- and not a universe which is constantly expanding and then contracting. So it comes Scarily Close to "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." He then amuses himself (and us) by skewering all of the "objective scientists" who are trying to wiggle out of this "difficulty." It really does sound like "objective scientists" accept the "scientific facts" which suit their own biases.

"We have no idea how the ordered physical, moral, mental, aesthetic and social world in which we live could ever have arisen from the seething anarchy of the elementary particles." One thing I can add is that, the last time I checked, we don't even know how genes and RNA manage to control the color of the eyes. We may be able to draw the hereditary chart and point to the right place in the DNA, but we have no idea at all how the genotype turns into the phenotype.

Berlinski is a Senior Fellow at the Discovery Institute, which is a place devoted to the idea of Intelligent Design, but, as an agnostic, he's something of a maverick even there. You can find him in Wikipedia and on YouTube as well."

All of this jibberish is what the Bible calls "science, so called" and "ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."  Pardon me if I have slighty misquoted the Bible here, but it's close enough for accuracy of meaning.  There is nothing impressive in Berlinski's book for a Bible believer. 

A much more powerful and truthful statement, much more eloquent than any of the Berlinski jibberish, is "By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things seen were not made out of things which do appear."  And before any science fan assumes I am simpleminded on the subject, I will have to agree that I simply believe God and never believed my college professors who taught this pseudo-science pseudo-philosophical religious nonsense.  I always have been and always will be a hobbyist of physics...it comes easy to me for some reason, I simply enjoy it....and I enjoy watching the pseudo-intellectuals in their pride never able to come to the knowledge of their truth even though any truth they find in their science always supports and never refutes the word of God.

Why in the world should a Christian study an agnostic to learn how to answer an atheistic evolutionary scientist?  The Bible has all the answers.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

http://www.amazon.com/The-Devils-Delusion-Scientific-Pretensions/dp/0465019374

consider this book and consider a review of it:

"I suppose most people like to at least appear to be open-minded, but sometimes I wonder how often (say) a conservative Republican sits down to read Noam Chomsky's political screeds, or a dedicated leftist sits down to enjoy Adam Smith. I picked up "The Devil's Delusion" in just that spirit, fully expecting to find a book which would argue against most of my own beliefs.

I wasn't really expecting something as brilliant, challenging, and engaging as this. If you think that the only people who don't believe in evolution are Fundamentalist knuckle-dragging Georgia swamp-dwellers, you're in for a big surprise. Berlinski himself is an agnostic of Jewish descent, an astonishingly erudite man and a brilliant thinker. He also writes frightfully well. And it is often hard to disagree with him. As he notes in the opening pages of this book --- concerning religion, God, and the rest: "I do not know whether any of this is true. I am certain that the scientific community does not know that it is false."

You might want to read those two sentences again, because they form the logical heart and soul of this book. Berlinski is not on a mission to preach religion; his task is to make plain just how little we actually know about the universe, and to try and re-awaken our sense of wonder. In this, he succeeds brilliantly.

The book cannot really be summarized in a brief review, but let me try to show you at least his thoughts about cosmology and the Big Bang. First, he makes it clear that the atheist camp has always had a hankering for an eternal universe (funny, that describes me, too) and a huge dislike for a universe which had an actual beginning, and then he demonstrates that all of current cosmological theory and knowledge points to the Big Bang as a singularity --- and not a universe which is constantly expanding and then contracting. So it comes Scarily Close to "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." He then amuses himself (and us) by skewering all of the "objective scientists" who are trying to wiggle out of this "difficulty." It really does sound like "objective scientists" accept the "scientific facts" which suit their own biases.

"We have no idea how the ordered physical, moral, mental, aesthetic and social world in which we live could ever have arisen from the seething anarchy of the elementary particles." One thing I can add is that, the last time I checked, we don't even know how genes and RNA manage to control the color of the eyes. We may be able to draw the hereditary chart and point to the right place in the DNA, but we have no idea at all how the genotype turns into the phenotype.

Berlinski is a Senior Fellow at the Discovery Institute, which is a place devoted to the idea of Intelligent Design, but, as an agnostic, he's something of a maverick even there. You can find him in Wikipedia and on YouTube as well."

The only people who have no idea of how genes and RNA manage to control the color of eyes are people who deny God's design and His rule over it.  There is no good reason that any Christian should elevate as admirable an intellect that underestimates God....no good reason to elevate my own intellect as His thoughts and His ways are much higher than mine.  The only thing good that might be found in my intellect is the possibility that it can be a vessel God can use to glorify Himself, His miracle in action for His own purpose and glory.  Intellectual pride is a all too common of a plague among Christians today.

"When I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of Glory died,

my richest gain I count but loss, and pour contempt on all my pride"

"Were the whole realm of glory mine, that were a present far too small

Love so amazing, so divine, demand my life, my heart, my all"

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

i was simply trying to point out that there are unbelieving scientists that do not believe in Darwinian Evolution.

Yes, I understand that, but they still do not have the beginning of wisdom, knowledge, or understanding by Biblical boundaries.  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.   An agnostic is a fool, even if he does dispute evolutionary scientists.  And by the way, "agnostic" is only a euphemism for atheist, a pretense of being an intellectual and deeper thinking atheist.  Both of them can be classified as existential religions the same as Hinduism or Bhudism...however Boodism is spelled....it's all atheistic nonsense.  The Bible is much better reading than any agnostic or atheistic genius of worldly acclaim.

A solid Biblical understanding is much more powerful than any amount of agnostic encyclopedia commentary on religion, science, or philosophy.  There is no wisdom, or counsel, or understanding against the Lord, and Berlinski is obviously full of garbage trying to stand against the Lord in agnostic atheism.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

i was simply trying to point out that there are unbelieving scientists that do not believe in Darwinian Evolution.

From what I read and here, increasing numbers of honest scientists lean toward believing in intelligent design due to their own studies.  This still does not make them better than any other evolutionary atheistic fool.  Until they fear God, they know nothing worth knowing and they have nothing to teach Christians.  When an agnostic says "we don't know", they need to be rebuked rather than applauded.  The agnostic does not know because he rejects knowing God.  Christians know by the word of God.  Agnostics try to speak for Christians when they say "we don't know".  Whenever they tell me "we don't know", I can simply say "YOU don't know, I know".  They want to convince themselves that nobody can know God in order to justify their own rejection of Him.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

Evolution and the Bible do not mix at all.  I don't see how anybody can honestly believe Jesus is God who died for their sin and rose bodily from the grave at the same time they believe evolutionary doctrines.  Maybe I'm wrong and a person really can be saved and still believe in evolution...but I can't help being skeptical of people who are skeptical of the Bible as they incorporate evolutionary doctrine and uphold it over the Bible's rejection of it.

• Members

He doesn't like anybody telling him that he deserves to die and burn in Hell the same as everybody else...he doesn't want the truth...his own words, though perhaps a Freudian slip in poor English, state that what he was doing here was a "pretense",  defined by the Oxford dictionary as "an attempt to make something that is not the case appear true".  He's not finding enough people here who are willing to entertain his "wisdom" and "science", so now he leaves with a general insult against all Christians.  So much for Mr. Nice Guy.

"I came to this forum under the pretenses that I would be able to enjoy serious discussions concerning theological issues...."

Saying he wanted to enjoy serious discussions of theological issues was a pretense...

I'm not defending his coming here, since the board rules clearly say this is a fellowship forum and not a debate form, meaning not a place for others to come in and debate our fundamental beliefs, but I've gotta comment on the bit above. He's saying he came here under pretenses, so what he's saying is that he was told he'd be able to have serious discussions when he was invited here, but that it transpires (according to him) that were no serious discussions to be had. He's saying he was invited here under a pretense. Whether TheSword really did invite him and whether he really did tell this guy that this forum was a place for debate, I don't really care since the guy still should have read the forum rules.

• Members

Oh, I see.....so he is accusing Sword of being deceptive or accusing me and others here of being unwilling to provide discussion of theological issues.  The only issues he wanted to discuss are his reasons for believing he is justified to exist outside of Hell.  I see how I misunderstood what he was saying about pretenses, but I still think the wording he used was a Freudian slip showing that in reality it was him who came under pretense of discussion.  He did not want back and forth discussion; he wanted to teach anti-Christian beliefs.

I saw no pretense from anybody on this site.  Atheists are so full of pretenses that they can't see outside of their pretenses....it's willful ignorance.  It seems to me that the only thing you can do other than to pray for them is to try to make them see that their life cannot be justified by anything they do or believe, and can only be justified by faith in the blood of Christ.  The youngster left because he's heard it all before and rejected it, and he's trying to blame everybody else, ultimately trying to blame God, for his choice of unbelief.

Whatever Sword told him, I'm sure it was well intended.   I really feel sorry for the young atheist, but my experience in debating with them is that they become progressively hard hearted and quicker to resort to progressively nasty insults.  I try to get them to see that they can't justify themselves in any way, and their belief in science or evolution is a cheap and useless excuse for rejecting God.  Usually when they come for "discussion" with Christians, they try to dominate and steer everything with unanswerable rhetoric such as "you have not given me any evidence, I see no evidence, there is no evidence".  John was falling into that never-ending rabbit trail discussion.  The guy is rejecting evidence automatically and didn't want to discuss anything other than his own evolutionary atheistic beliefs. 

I suppose Creation scientists persuade some atheists to believe the gospel and get saved, but arguing the science angle for my style seems like a waste of time.  It might take five years to convince an atheist that a rock is not as old as it appears to be in order to cast doubt on their belief in science as the god of everything.  Today might be the last chance they have to hear the gospel and be saved.   If he can see his need of salvation, and believe the gospel, everything else will fall in line with God's word sooner or later.....so many dying in danger of Hell, and so little time.

• Moderators

A shame he ran off so quickly. The fallacies of evolution and merits of creationism are easily shown. unfortunately, its clear he isn't really interested in truth, thus could not be honest enough to receive it, as is the case with many evolutionists.

Its interesting to me that there ARE some honest people out there who, when faced with an honest scientific appraisal of evolution, found it so severely wanting and full of opinion and bias, that many saw the only viable option being the Lord, and were thereby born again. The idea often put out by evolutionists, that there are no actual true scientists that believe in a literal six-day creation, is completely unfounded, and easily dismissed by looking at the staff of such organizations as ICR, etc.