• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Opinions On Atheists?

• Members

Hi Miss Daisy!

"why do you even care what our opinions of atheists are?"

Good question! Besides plain old curiosity, it's primarily because I've noticed atheists tend to receive a lot of negative stigma and I felt that perhaps I could clear up some negative and untruthful attitudes. Obviously we all don't live in a vacuum, our beliefs influence our actions and if our interactions happen to be with those we know our atheists, having unfairly biased opinions or a misunderstanding about who they are don't help in easing tension between the two groups. This assessment, of course, goes both ways.

Edited by Professor_Physika

• Members

Hi LindaR!

Can you define "true atheist"? Also, what does the converse term, "false atheist", imply in meaning?

Thanks

Since an atheist "claims" to deny the existence of God and since those who "claim" to be atheists believe in the existence of the some type of "spiritual" being, those persons are not "true" atheists and neither are those persons "false" atheists.  They are non-atheists making false claims about God and the Bible. The existence of God is proven in the Bible and creation (Psalms 19:1).  Even the devils believe in God AND tremble:

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Professor_Physika, do you believe in a universe?

• Members

Hi LindaR!

"Professor_Physika, do you believe in a universe?"

I'm going to make a possibly unfounded assumption about your gender based on your moniker and say yes ma'am, I do.

Professor_Physika,

That response means that you have to believe in God. The word "universe" is made up of two parts...."uni" meaning ONE and "verse" meaning TO SPEAK.  If there is a universe, it came from ONE SPOKEN WORD.  Only an Intelligent Being can speak...that Intelligent Being is none other than God Himself.

• Members

Hi LindaR!

The Online Etymology Dictionary describes the etymological history of the word universe as:

"universe (n.) 
1580s, "the whole world, cosmos, the totality of existing things," from Old French univers (12c.), from Latin universum "all things, everybody, all people, the whole world," noun use of neuter of adjective universus "all together, all in one, whole, entire, relating to all," literally "turned into one," from unus "one" (see one) + versus, past participle of vertere "to turn" (see versus)."

But regardless of the etymology of the word "universe", this seems to be little more than an unsubstantiated semantic trick. Obviously the term "universe" no longer refers to this "spoken verse" premise and refers to the totality of space, time, matter, energy, etc. However, if me stating I believe in the universe is still an issue, I will amend my earlier statement and say I believe in the cosmos (just a synonym of universe without the apparent baggage).

• Members

Professor_Physika,

That response means that you have to believe in God. The word "universe" is made up of two parts...."uni" meaning ONE and "verse" meaning TO SPEAK.  If there is a universe, it came from ONE SPOKEN WORD.  Only an Intelligent Being can speak...that Intelligent Being is none other than God Himself.

Atheists believe they are smarter and better than God, or at least as good and as smart as God...that is how they put Him below themselves as long as they think they are exempt from the fire of Hell.  They will twist everything around as they flatter themselves in their pride, fooling themselves into thinking they are wise when in reality they are fools drawn to the fire of Hell like moths to the flame.

Modern culture pumps up atheists in their pride the same way Hitler pumped up youths to turn them into the murderous "Hitler youths".   Smarty pants atheist will intellectualize the torture, persecution, and execution of Christians and look coldly on them the same way Hitler youths looked coldly on people who suffered like the Jews under Hitler, or were punished for opposing him.  I believe that once they have made up their mind to reject God, He hardens their hearts the same as He did Pharaoh's, and the best thing you can do for them is what Jesus did with the Pharisees when He said to them, "Woe, to you..." and called them children of Hell.....and say it loud and clear so everybody around can hear it.  It won't do the Hell bound proud person any good, but others who are listening may take heed and get saved....and who knows, maybe the apparently Hell-bound hard hearted atheist we give some Hell fire and brimstone to is not quite as hard hearted as they seem.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

I have already answered all your questions if you want answers.  You want confusion, and you invent enough of that for yourself.  I'm not interested in atheism.  If you want to discuss the answers I have given you, fine.  If not, I won't be toying with you.  An atheist is a fool, plain and simple, with one foot in the grave and the other foot on thin ice melting over the fire of Hell.  That's pretty much all Jesus had to say to the Pharisees who thought they were too good to be left in the Lake of Fire forever, and I don't see why I should say more to you.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

Hi LindaR!

While I'm certainly willing to accept that you believe God describes atheists as fools and that this may even be their defining characteristic, surely you agree that this is not the definition of atheism.

To illustrate, not all fools are atheists (although you would argue that all atheists are fools). Because of these discrepancies in description, logic necessitates that there be some other defining characteristics for what we call atheists and atheism. Unless, of course, you do believe all fools are atheists.

Thanks   

• Members

Hi all,

This post is going out to every forum I have commented on. I have come to the conclusion that my presence is most likely unwanted and unappreciated. I came to this forum under the pretenses that I would be able to enjoy serious discussions concerning theological issues rather than simply being told that my motives are suspect, I am a liar, I am filth, etc etc.

I hold no ill will towards anyone here and understand that these are your sincerely held beliefs. Unfortunately, the negative reception I have received makes me all the more reserved in my thoughts about being honest with those who don't know my beliefs.

I hope my presence has not caused any undue secession amongst your ranks and I now respectively depart from this site. I will attempt to delete my account, although a moderator may be required to do that. If this is the case, I ask that it be done.

Good day to all and thank you for the answers I've received.