• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

1. swathdiver

swathdiver

• Similar Content

• By Professor_Physika
      Hi all  
      I would like to know your opinions on atheism being defined as a religion. Some questions to discuss:
      1) Is atheism a religion?
      2) What is the definition of atheism?
      3) What is the definition of religion?
      4) How did you reach your conclusions?
      Thanks  
    • By Professor_Physika
      Hi all! 
      This topic isn't so much about arguing the merits of evolution versus creationism, but rather for me, an outsider (as a "believer" in evolution), to understand what it is exactly members of this forum believe about the theory of evolution.
      I appreciate any input and here are a list of suggested content to be discussed: what do you think evolution is? Why do you reject evolution? What do you think a theory is? What led you to be interested in this topic? Why do you think evolutionary theory is popular in biology? Can you define a "kind"? To what extent can a creature evolve if you believe it's possible? Why is there an extent to which a creature can evolve? And, of course, why do you hold those beliefs?
      If I have the chance or feel the need, I'll jump in and express my opinion, but I'll more than likely just be asking for clarification for my benefit and understanding (and hopefully your's too!)
      Thanks  
    • By Professor_Physika
      Hi all! This is my first real post so I'm gonna get right to it.
      I believe it's possible that the following syllogism prohibits the idea of free will and actually supports the idea that it is an illusion.
      1) God created the universe.
      2) God is timeless.
      3) God is omniscient.
      4) God had a choice in creating the universe.
      5) If God knew beforehand the events of this universe as His timeless omniscience would seem to imply, He bears ultimate responsibility for all actions taken in said universe, acting, in a way, as the "prime mover" of a Rube Goldberg-esque machine. In the same way that a domino has no choice but to fall over when hit by the domino triggered before it, so do people also lack the free will to alter their decisions. Therefore, free will does not actually exist and is instead an illusion.
      My question is this: where am I wrong, how did you determine that I'm wrong, do you support a contrary position, and why?
      Thanks