• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can You Tell the Difference?

• Members

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: Matthew 25:32

Several weeks ago, I sold two 3 month old rams to a young lady from Bay County. A couple of weeks later I got a call from a Bay County Animal Control officer saying that one of my "goats" had been hit by a train, they had traced it to my farm via the ear tag, and he needed my permission to euthanize it.. I told the man that I had no goats, the animal could not be mine and that I could not give permission; He should use his own discretion.  Then I asked him about the color and he said it was brown and black. Then I remembered selling the sheep to the girl. Anyway, they had already taken the animal to a veterinarian who also identified it as a "goat".

I have people mention my "goats" quite frequently and it seems that, unless the sheep has "wool", they can't tell the difference. So I'm wondering if and how this relates to the verse about the shepherd separating the sheep from the goats. It seems most people could not even identify which is sheep or goat, but a shepherd can.

Here's a simple way to differentiate; There are many subtle differences but one good identifier, which is not too readily noticeable, is that a sheep has a divided upper lip and a goat does not. But the most obvious one is that a sheep always hangs its tail down while a goat keeps the tail raised. This is our ram "Big Man".....

11082625_971451369554330_572829901812055

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: Matthew 25:32

Several weeks ago, I sold two 3 month old rams to a young lady from Bay County. A coupleinsisted of weeks later I got a call from a Bay County Animal Control officer saying that one of my "goats" had been hit by a train, they had traced it to my farm via the ear tag, and he needed my permission to euthanize it.. I told the man that I had no goats, the animal could not be mine and that I could not give permission; He should use his own discretion.  Then I asked him about the color and he said it was brown and black. Then I remembered selling the sheep to the girl. Anyway, they had already taken the animal to a veterinarian who also identified it as a "goat".

I have people mention my "goats" quite frequently and it seems that, unless the sheep has "wool", they can't tell the difference. So I'm wondering if and how this relates to the verse about the shepherd separating the sheep from the goats. It seems most people could not even identify which is sheep or goat, but a shepherd can.

Here's a simple way to differentiate; There are many subtle differences but one good identifier, which is not too readily noticeable, is that a sheep has a divided upper lip and a goat does not. But the most obvious one is that a sheep always hangs its tail down while a goat keeps the tail raised. This is our ram "Big Man".....

We once kept ducks and we had one large white Aylesbury duck.. Most people who saw it insisted she was a goose.

• Members

He deserved to get RAMMED

https://www.facebook.com/MOJOOutdoorsTV/videos/10152841447382595/?pnref=story  

Would a RAM prefer to RAM a car then another RAM? Softer impact?

I installed some working pens made with factory seconds sign substrate. The stuff is red with a glossy finish and one of my young rams kept attacking his reflection in the panels. It's possible the ram in the movie briefly saw his own reflection in the vehicle and lunged. At any rate, I know better than to drive my new pickup truck into a field with the rams.