• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Has anyone else ever heard of him? He's apparently an IFB preacher somewhere who's now getting attention due to his recent comments about Bruce Jenner and he denies Holocaust. I'll try to post link to what I received.

www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=33519 

• Members

He hates Jews more than Muslims. He is running a campaign to go out to Michigan and hand out a DVD to Muslims entitled "The Jews and Their Lies". He believes Jesus went to hell for 3 days. He seeks and thrives on controversy. He has a good view on the KJB and Calvinism but because of his other doctrines I cannot support him.

• Members

this was the first I'd heard of him. but wow! there's a reason we're independent, so we can't be tied to fools like him!

The problem is that the news stories call him a fundamental independent baptist, without mentioning the fact that the majority of independent baptists reject him as a nutter.

They tar us all with the same brush.

And I  would say Satan wants it that way.

• Members

The problem is that the news stories call him a fundamental independent baptist, without mentioning the fact that the majority of independent baptists reject him as a nutter.

They tar us all with the same brush.

And I  would say Satan wants it that way.

​Likewise with Westboro Baptist. The media, driven by their father the devil, loves to link true followers of Christ with any radical nut they can.

They have done a good job of linking the term "fundamentalist" with crazies and radicals and even extended it to attempts to tie true Christian fundamentalists to the likes of radical, terrorist Islamists which they also call fundamentalists.

• Members

I have watched Brother Steven Anderson for several years now and while I can and do disagree with several issues to which he holds to I will never stand with the wicked to condemn him or the Baptist church he pastors. I can and do count him as a Brother in the Faith and a man of honesty and character. Bro. Anderson is hardly "bible deficient" but just browsing or listening to just a few sermons he preaches (even if one disagrees with his conclusions) one can easily see that he strives to be very biblically accurate and consistent with his doctrine. 

I do not agree with the "News Article" sited above nor the many slanderous news articles like them on the net. They spend much time sensationalizing and twisting whatever he says for the simple fact that he is anti-Zionist and they are very pro-Zionist. He is hardly a "Jew hater" or anti-Semite but rather the condemns their claim that lost Jews or the followers of the false religion of Judaism can possibly be "the children of God". He contends that only Jews and Gentiles which have accepted Christ and have become Christians are children of God. He also points out that today's Jews and their religion is not the same one as portrayed in the bible.

This "husky394xp" (Bryan Denlinger, you tube only / house church only guy) referenced in the news article also seems to have more serious problems then Anderson. His life's mission seems to be "expose" the problems of "IBF Churches" and his latest favorite is Brother Anderson. "husky394xp" will nitpick everything Anderson does (or which ever thing he is targeting) as wrong and then in unrelated videos will do or approve of the very same or similar thing! Additionally "husky394xp" is very contradictory across his biblical and other teachings depending on what he is targeting for "exposure". He is very dubious and I would not trust much of what this guy says about other people. Bryan Denlinger's videos: (​https://www.youtube.com/user/husky394xp/videos).

Everything Brother Anderson does is online and open for his church and anyone to critique for themselves. I do not expect everyone to like or agree with Steven Anderson but I would hope that the opinion formulated about him and his church is one born from honest reflection. If anyone wants to learn more about His stand on anything, instead of reading media garbage articles, they can see it all on his Church's website and on his YouTube channel here:

http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/page2.html 

https://www.youtube.com/user/sanderson1611/videos

Edited by John Young

• Members

Yep everyone has a black list these days. His just happens to be online,,,,, ;) While I agree with Anderson on the technical nuances of Repentance of sin for salvation vs Repentance unto salvation, I think the issue is one of wording and is way overblown and a "blacklist" for the issue is not necessary particularly because many listed do believe and preach Salvation is by grace thru faith in Christ's work alone. 

Edited by John Young

• Members

I have watched Brother Steven Anderson for several years now and while I can and do disagree with several issues to which he holds to I will never stand with the wicked to condemn him or the Baptist church he pastors. I can and do count him as a Brother in the Faith and a man of honesty and character. Bro. Anderson is hardly "bible deficient" but just browsing or listening to just a few sermons he preaches (even if one disagrees with his conclusions) one can easily see that he strives to be very biblically accurate and consistent with his doctrine. 

I do not agree with the "News Article" sited above nor the many slanderous news articles like them on the net. They spend much time sensationalizing and twisting whatever he says for the simple fact that he is anti-Zionist and they are very pro-Zionist. He is hardly a "Jew hater" or anti-Semite but rather the condemns their claim that lost Jews or the followers of the false religion of Judaism can possibly be "the children of God". He contends that only Jews and Gentiles which have accepted Christ and have become Christians are children of God. He also points out that today's Jews and their religion is not the same one as portrayed in the bible.

This "husky394xp" (Bryan Denlinger, you tube only / house church only guy) referenced in the news article also seems to have more serious problems then Anderson. His life's mission seems to be "expose" the problems of "IBF Churches" and his latest favorite is Brother Anderson. "husky394xp" will nitpick everything Anderson does (or which ever thing he is targeting) as wrong and then in unrelated videos will do or approve of the very same or similar thing! Additionally "husky394xp" is very contradictory across his biblical and other teachings depending on what he is targeting for "exposure". He is very dubious and I would not trust much of what this guy says about other people. Bryan Denlinger's videos: (​https://www.youtube.com/user/husky394xp/videos).

Everything Brother Anderson does is online and open for his church and anyone to critique for themselves. I do not expect everyone to like or agree with Steven Anderson but I would hope that the opinion formulated about him and his church is one born from honest reflection. If anyone wants to learn more about His stand on anything, instead of reading media garbage articles, they can see it all on his Church's website and on his YouTube channel here:

http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/page2.html 

https://www.youtube.com/user/sanderson1611/videos

​I've watched Bro. Denlinger's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFx45cyQJGU where he talks about Steven Anderson's latest movie.  He seems to do a good job refuting it.  Steven Anderson is an anti-dispensationalist who believes we should be stoning sodomites in the street.  He agrees with Westboro Baptist about God hating fags.  He is a post-trib believer that preaches repentance is a work.  His wife has a blog that shows how wacky she is, conspiracy theorist who believes the government drugged the man that shot up that theater outside Denver.  And after watching Bryan's hit-piece, I would have to believe Steve is a jew-hating  anti-Semite.  But yes, on the same beliefs I share with Steven Anderson, he does a very good job preaching the Bible.  

• Members

Steven Anderson teaches Replacement Theology (just one of his false teachings). I don't understand why he can even call himself a Baptist.  The majority of what he teaches isn't taught in IFB churches.  I watched the video he recently made (Marching To Zion).  This documentary is anti-semitic and anti-Israel...and the teaching of Replacement Theology is quite evident.  I have "marked Steven Anderson" and will "avoid him" according to Romans 16:17.  He's no Baptist.

Edited by LindaR
Attempted to unembed video but my attempt failed...watch it at your own discretion.

• Members

​If you don't believe that Steven Anderson is a Jew-hater/anti-semite, listen to this video.  He denies that 6 million Jews died in Hitler's holocaust.  He tries to "rationalize" the entire scenario about the gas chambers.  At the end of this video, Steven Anderson promotes a book "The Holocaust Hoax Exposed" by Victor Thorn.  Victor Thorn also promotes the "conspiracy" theory that Israel was behind 9-11.

Edited by LindaR
Adding more information