• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

A warning for Christian ladies: this post may be inappropriate for you.  Make sure to get a permission from your husband or pastor before you attempt to read this post in its whole.

One of the affiliates of my church specializes in preaching to various deviants, including preaching at California nude beaches.  He believes that, where appropriate and useful, such manner is justified by Isaiah's ministry.  I'm not sure I completely agree, especially when it comes to ministering to satanic women, of which there are plenty at such venues.  Nevetheless, he does lead people to Salvation.  Here's one letter to his ministry that he shared with us:

My dearest Pastor Brother Tony,

It is with tears in my eyes that I am writing you this email to let you know just how much Jesus helped transform my life.  I also want you to know that I received a permission from my husband to write you this email to thank you for the hard work that you do.  

Since the day that you've approached me at the Garrapata beach and I heard you preach out loud about Jesus and how He saves people who are His elect, I couldn't get these good news out of my mind.  I felt truly touched and I just knew that I was one of His children.  Even though I was all smelly, drunk, and high on marijuana, I came home and looked at myself in the mirror, I praised Jesus for being alive, repented of my sins like you preached that I should, and accepted Jesus as my Savior.  Since then I never drunk anything with alcohol, not even used mouthwash anymore, and never again smoked pot or been a harlot.  I moved to Kansas, found a good Christian Church, and last December I was married to a good Christian husband who takes care of me, and I will be taking care of our home for him.  We recently moved to Georgia, and I go to Pastor Richardson's church every day and every day read the Bible for one hour in the morning and one hour in the evening like you taught me that I need to do.   

I can't thank you enough for helping my find Jesus and change my life away from sin. 

Chantel   

does she sound fabricated to you

​Not necessarily-many in the bond and gall of wickedness just needed to hear the gospel at the God-appointed time and place, and were wonderfully changed. Its just seems so seldom any more, that its easy to dismiss as maybe fabricated. Like the Chick tracts, where every horrible, wicked person just hears the gospel once and is amazingly changed every time. But it DOES happen. I have seen men intoxicated, hear the gospel, and were immediately sobered by the hand of God and born again.

This being said, I DO hope that this fellow doesn't go to nude beaches NUDE and preach the gospel. Isaiah was an unusual example-God used His prophets in the OT time in strange and unusual ways, but the command to do so was always clear and always for THEM. So to use Isaiah's example as a justification to preach naked is taking something given for ONE man at ONE time, way out of context, and I would not do it.

And personally, I don't know that I could justify going to a nude beach to preach at all, but then, I know my own weaknesses, and would not do it, but another whom God has given the ability to withstand against the wickedness placed into the mind by such sights, maybe a blind man?, then maybe I could see it. But judging by my past, I wouldn't, lest I fall to sin.

Edited by Ukulelemike

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Donald
      My wife and I regularly sing in Church; And there is a song, that she has suggested that we sing called, “just one more soul”; But I have been against the idea, because I just didn’t like this song.  And this morning the Lord has shown me why “I don’t like it”: Because it is UnBiblical;  In several ways.
      Here is a line from the first verse.... “The preachers are weary, the singers are tired”:
      For one thing, if this is the case in your Church, than the preachers and singers, need to either find some other ministry to do(one God is calling them to), or they need to get saved.  Because doing things in the Spirit, will not be wearisome.
      But the next line, just might be right.... “The Church as we know it, is losing its fire”
      For sure, when members of a local Church are “laboring in the flesh”, they will lose God’s fire!
      And the last line of the first verse, gives the wrong response to this problem.....
      “But we must determine to keep pressing on”!
      If your laboring in the flesh, “more labor” is not the answer!
      Jesus said......
      "Come unto me, all [ye] that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)
      ------------------------
      Sure enough, there is some “work” involved, in staying close to the Lord; Such as Prayer and Bible study and Church attendance!  But, the fruit of this labor, is learning to follow the Lord’s instructions: And His instructions are not Burdensome!  They are fun!

• By beameup
      We are Ambassadors.  Just as an earthly kingdom or nation would have an Ambassador, so too Christ has representatives of his Heavenly Kingdom.                    2 Corinthians 5:17-21   Our Ministry is one of Reconciliation - we are to spread the Word of Reconciliation (how that God wants men to be Reconciled to Him, through his Son, the Lord Jesus Christ).
      Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us [proclaim] the word of reconciliation. Now then we are Ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

• By Preacherman
      Hey Guys!
      My name is Evangelist Jeremy Hull and i deeply desire the prayers of Gods people! Over 6 years ago, i surrendered to the call to preach. I have been through Bible college with an Associates in Biblical Ministries. I'm in an online college course right now. The lord has allowed me to preach atleast once a week for the past 6 years but i'm hungry for more. I would love for the Lord to give me a 52 week schedule! I'm interested in campmeetings, revivals, youth meetings, and basically any opportunity to preach the Word of God! I currently work a fulltime self-employed job but would like to get some support to free up a day or two a week for visitation, soul-winning and witnessing. I'm trusting the Lord to give me the desires of my heart and patients until that time. I would also ask if anyone has any ideas on how to get my name into the hands of potential Churches/Pastors so they might prayerfully consider using me. Here's what i have tried so far...1. various private messages on social media to those within a few hundred miles of my home (no positive responses). 2. various email messages to Baptist Churches within a few hundred miles of my home (no positive responses).Attending every meeting near my home as time will allow so as to meet new Pastors (a few positive responses). I had thought about trying to get a "missionary support list of Churches" like what a missionary would use for contacts while on deputation but i'm not sure if that would be a good approach. I NEED YOUR PRAYERS ON THIS MATTER!!! I NEED YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON THIS MATTER!!! Thanks so much in advance. Feel free to comment, send a private message, or if you would like i can provide contact info for any who are interested!