• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Preaching like Isaiah!

• Members

A warning for Christian ladies: this post may be inappropriate for you.  Make sure to get a permission from your husband or pastor before you attempt to read this post in its whole.

One of the affiliates of my church specializes in preaching to various deviants, including preaching at California nude beaches.  He believes that, where appropriate and useful, such manner is justified by Isaiah's ministry.  I'm not sure I completely agree, especially when it comes to ministering to satanic women, of which there are plenty at such venues.  Nevetheless, he does lead people to Salvation.  Here's one letter to his ministry that he shared with us:

My dearest Pastor Brother Tony,

It is with tears in my eyes that I am writing you this email to let you know just how much Jesus helped transform my life.  I also want you to know that I received a permission from my husband to write you this email to thank you for the hard work that you do.  

Since the day that you've approached me at the Garrapata beach and I heard you preach out loud about Jesus and how He saves people who are His elect, I couldn't get these good news out of my mind.  I felt truly touched and I just knew that I was one of His children.  Even though I was all smelly, drunk, and high on marijuana, I came home and looked at myself in the mirror, I praised Jesus for being alive, repented of my sins like you preached that I should, and accepted Jesus as my Savior.  Since then I never drunk anything with alcohol, not even used mouthwash anymore, and never again smoked pot or been a harlot.  I moved to Kansas, found a good Christian Church, and last December I was married to a good Christian husband who takes care of me, and I will be taking care of our home for him.  We recently moved to Georgia, and I go to Pastor Richardson's church every day and every day read the Bible for one hour in the morning and one hour in the evening like you taught me that I need to do.   

I can't thank you enough for helping my find Jesus and change my life away from sin. 

Chantel   

• Moderators

does she sound fabricated to you

​Not necessarily-many in the bond and gall of wickedness just needed to hear the gospel at the God-appointed time and place, and were wonderfully changed. Its just seems so seldom any more, that its easy to dismiss as maybe fabricated. Like the Chick tracts, where every horrible, wicked person just hears the gospel once and is amazingly changed every time. But it DOES happen. I have seen men intoxicated, hear the gospel, and were immediately sobered by the hand of God and born again.

This being said, I DO hope that this fellow doesn't go to nude beaches NUDE and preach the gospel. Isaiah was an unusual example-God used His prophets in the OT time in strange and unusual ways, but the command to do so was always clear and always for THEM. So to use Isaiah's example as a justification to preach naked is taking something given for ONE man at ONE time, way out of context, and I would not do it.

And personally, I don't know that I could justify going to a nude beach to preach at all, but then, I know my own weaknesses, and would not do it, but another whom God has given the ability to withstand against the wickedness placed into the mind by such sights, maybe a blind man?, then maybe I could see it. But judging by my past, I wouldn't, lest I fall to sin.

Edited by Ukulelemike