• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hurricane Season

• Members

This month starts the Hurricane season on the Atlantic coast and the Gulf our local news stations are putting out brochures online and in all the local grocery stores on how to be prepared, one of the local stations Live 5(fox news) is airing a program remembering Hugo, in which I remember very well , I did not live here at the time but I arrived three days after Hurricane Hugo had past with a team the company I worked for had sent to help we brought our bibles many bible tracks along with food ,water, and medical supplies with us,  it was unlike anything I had ever seen over 3,000 souls where lost within just a few short hours and destruction was in every direction the eye looked ( I wont got into details because this not what this post is about)

As we go into the hurricane season here not knowing if there will be another Hugo or even worse hit again, I was thinking about all the information and brochures being placed in the stores and many other places of how to prepare,and right now it's on many folks mind of how to prepare not just here but on the whole Atlantic coast and the Gulf coast , I begin to think about what I saw when I arrived here on Sept,20 1989 why should one wait to after the Storm hits and try help, so I begin to work on a brochure to place in as many places as possible , this brochure will not focus on the material things one needs but on the soul and how to be prepared, ( 3,000 souls died )

I haven't really did any brochures other that for the Youth Ministry and it's sad to say that some of the folks I've contacted don't seem to have the time to help out , So I'm turning to my brothers and sister's on OLB I'm asking for your thoughts, Ideas , use of scripture, etc. which will be greatly welcome, it would also be wonderful to have a Bible track to hand out  while this season is on the thoughts and minds of many.

I do ask That first and foremost you be in prayer that it be the Lord our Gods will and not of mine or any others ' for all Glory is His the Lord our God. Amen  

If you post to this thread please do so kindly with the love of Jesus our lord and Savior in your heart for the lost souls of this world. 

Thank you ' and may the lord bless your day

• Members

This is an excellent idea and something that could apply even more broadly, whether using one basic tract/brochure or having slightly different ones for different areas.

Each year a portion of the country faces the threat of hurricanes while a large area faces the threat of tornadoes and other threats which are also potentially life and death in various parts of the country from wildfires to blizzards, etc.

It would be good to have something which addresses these matters while folks minds are thinking of such. As important as our homes are, having food, clothing and shelter and such is, there is nothing more important (or eternal!) than the state of our souls.

I'm sorry I have no help to offer in creating a tract/brochure, but I will lift this up in prayer and I encourage you to pursue this idea as you are able.

• Members

This is an excellent idea and something that could apply even more broadly, whether using one basic tract/brochure or having slightly different ones for different areas.

Each year a portion of the country faces the threat of hurricanes while a large area faces the threat of tornadoes and other threats which are also potentially life and death in various parts of the country from wildfires to blizzards, etc.

It would be good to have something which addresses these matters while folks minds are thinking of such. As important as our homes are, having food, clothing and shelter and such is, there is nothing more important (or eternal!) than the state of our souls.

I'm sorry I have no help to offer in creating a tract/brochure, but I will lift this up in prayer and I encourage you to pursue this idea as you are able.

​Yes you have brother encouragement and prayer is sometimes all one needs, and I thank you for both

Brother I do have some news to share about this , two night's ago I spoke with my youngest son about this, today he called and told me that  the company he works for is willing to take the brochures/ or bible tracks and place them in there place of business.they are very large company here, Praising the Lord

John we get over 5 million vacationers during the season here which slows in September, think about the number of lost lives it could have been it Hugo had hit here in July, last year we were side swiped by a hurricane on the 4th of July with over one million visitors.

brother there is only a small number of IFB left here and I ask that you would pray God send the much need labors

Nation wide would be a blessing ,remember the tornadoes that ripped across our Nation and the great loss of lives , the fires that hit Cal.with a great loss of lives.

Brother Thank you very much and remember I love you with the love Jesus from my heart

• 4 weeks later...