• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is There Anywhere To Hide?

• Members

Ps 17  Hear the right, O Lord, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
2 Let my sentence come forth from thy presence; let thine eyes behold the things that are equal.
3 Thou has proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou has tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
4 Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.
5 Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.
6 I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
7 Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.
8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
9 From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.
10 They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.
11 They have now compassed us in our steps: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;
12 Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
13 Arise, O Lord, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:
14 From men which are thy hand, O Lord, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.
KJV

Another interesting and timely interview on USAWatchdog. Com

"Financial and geopolitical analyst Warren Pollock warns, “When I go swimming in the ocean, sometimes I have to duck under a wave.  This wave may be too large to duck under, and I think that is what these large events are.  I think we are seeing large events, the likes of which you and I haven’t seen, and haven’t been seen in generational memory.  80 years would be a generational memory.  We haven’t seen what a world war looks like.  We haven’t seen what a Great Depression looks like.  We haven’t seen a political crisis.  We haven’t seen total lawlessness, and these are all the things that are happening.”"

https://youtu.be/1GCEb20i9Es

• Members

It's nice to think, or even hope, Jesus will return and take us home soon, before things take a very serious bad turn, but we could very well have to go through a very dark, long valley even as so many our ancestors faced over the centuries.

As our pastor says, read and study the Word, be in much prayer, draw ever closer to the Lord as if we will soon be facing great tribulation because one day, we just might be!

As our pastor tells those who don't believe they will ever see any really bad times, it certainly won't hurt them to do those things anyway.

• Members

As our pastor tells those who don't believe they will ever see any really bad times, it certainly won't hurt them to do those things anyway.

​Or to study church history.    The wife of a retired Baptist pastor who lived near here, was told she had cancer.  He reply was "Many other people have cancer, why not me?"  She died two weeks later.  I just read a post I made on the inquisition on a recently revived thread.   If for them, why not us?  If we faithfully preach Christ   the beast from the bottomless pit will rise up against us.  Jesus said "In this world ye will have tribulation."  

Unfortunately many Christians today are so soft they think it will to happen to them. 

• Members

Invicta and I lived through WW2. The nearest bomb to me destroyed a house 30 yards away. 

That war had an end, unless you lived in Eastern Europe, or Korea , or Vietnam, or the Middle East.... or wherever today's endless wars are being fought. 

Meanwhile I look out at our rose bushes in a quiet suburban avenue. I've picked my first strawberries. I worship without fear. Why should I want to hide from doom-mongers like Pollock? 

Yet humanly speaking my peace and safety are in the control of principalities and powers who show no regard for the Law of God, nor the Gospel. Powers that have no hesitation at going to war against countries where invented enemies are said to live. And they make laws to protect us from those invented enemies, who could easily become real. 

I haven't started on 9/11 and all the unanswered questions. Has anyone else read "Methodical Illusion" by Rebekah Roth? What really happened, and who is being protected by a corrupt and all-pervasive mass communication system? 

Edited by Covenanter
Insert link

• Members

Invicta and I lived through WW2. The nearest bomb to me destroyed a house 30 yards away. 

That war had an end, unless you lived in Eastern Europe, or Korea , or Vietnam, or the Middle East.... or wherever today's endless wars are being fought. 

Meanwhile I look out at our rose bushes in a quiet suburban avenue. I've picked my first strawberries. I worship without fear. Why should I want to hide from doom-mongers like Pollock? 

Yet humanly speaking my peace and safety are in the control of principalities and powers who show no regard for the Law of God, nor the Gospel. Powers that have no hesitation at going to war against countries where invented enemies are said to live. And they make laws to protect us from those invented enemies, who could easily become real. 

I haven't started on 9/11 and all the unanswered questions. Has anyone else read "Methodical Illusion" by Rebekah Roth? What really happened, and who is being protected by a corrupt and all-pervasive mass communication system? 

​Mussolini and Hitler were both put in power by the Vatican.  Hitler's war was a crusade on behalf of Rome. The V1 flying bombs went over our house.  The loudest explosion I remembered from that time was about 2 am one morning when several houses about 200 yards away were destroyed by a German V2. rocket.  

In later years I worked for a London Newspaper during the Northern Ireland troubles.  If the paper had an article criticizing the  IRA we would get calls saying there was a bomb in the building and advised to leave the building.  Our office manager said he was in the RAF in the war and wasn't afraid of the Germans and wasn't afraid of the IRA.   One day there was and explosion similar to that which I remember as a child.  It was an IRA bomb at the Old Bailey, about 100 yards from our office.  Our manager looked out of his window at the column of   smoke arising and went white.  When security announced we had a bomb threat and should evacuate the building, he was the first out.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

What exactly is a doom monger.  What is it a doom monger does that makes him different from anyone else.  Should we not all, when seeing things happening around us which portend danger to not only ourselves but others others, give a warning.  

• Members

Warnings should be issued, but the mainstream media and governments tend to drown out and obscure warnings. Even among those who hear the warnings most won't take them seriously, others have no means to prepare or change anything in their lives based upon the warnings, some will go to extremes due to warnings and a tiny few can and will take some reasonable actions.

For myself, the warnings don't bring about fear or desires to run and hide or to fight the man or any such thing; but they do serve as points of consideration and prayer.

I know the Lord will care for myself and my family just as His Word says, but I also know many are without Christ and there are those weak in the faith who may act in haste, so there is much room for prayer and in some cases opportunities to help some prepare as they need to for what may be coming our way.

Sounding the alarm is good, it's those who take such warnings to one extreme or the other which can bring about problems but that's on them, not the watchman which gave proper warning.