• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mormon with IBC Pastor friend... feeling confusion and guilt

• Members

Today you can pray to God and ask Christ to save you from your sins, tell him you are sorry, ask him to cleanse you from your sins and give you eternal life. Then, and only then, will Jesus know you. 

​Thank you for your post. I asked G_d long ago to save me from my sins and such. I'm a Christian so I believe just as all Christian's believe.

• Members

JESUS CHRIST OF THE BIBLE IS GOD INCARNATE IN MAN

John 1:1, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

John 1:14, “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” 

John 10:30 “I and my Father are one.” Jesus claimed to be one with the Father. 

In John 14:9, Jesus said to see him is to see the Father.

In John 8:25, 56-59, 18:6,8 Jesus used the Jehovistic “I AM,” identifying Himself as God.

In Matthew 22:42-45, Jesus claimed to be the Old Testament “Adonai.”

In Mark 2:5-7, Jesus forgave sin, a prerogative belonging only to God.

In Matthew 14:33; 28:9; and John 20:28-29, Jesus asserted Himself as God by allowing men to worship Him.

John 1:3 states that Jesus is the Creator, and Genesis 1:1 states that God was the Creator.

Only those who believe in the real Biblical God and Jesus Christ have the right to use the name “Christian.” The Mormon prophets historically have openly ridiculed those who believe in the God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit that the Bible reveals.

One question that I would ask all Mormons is this: “If I accept you as a Christian, will you accept me as a Mormon?” Would you accept me as a Mormon if I reject Joseph Smith and all the LDS prophets as being prophets of God. If I do not believe in the Book of Mormon or the LDS Scriptures, baptisms for the dead, the temple endowments, the LDS gospel, would you accept me as a Mormon? The answer is obviously, you would not. In like manner, when Mormonism denies the Bible and every Christian doctrine do you think that Biblical Christians should accept Mormons as Christians? Again the answer is very obvious, no we will not. You cannot legitimately claim to be Christians when you refuse to accept what the Bible teaches and what a true Christian believes.

I would implore Mormons to honestly and openly examine their teachings about God and Jesus Christ and examine who the Bible defines as being a Christian. There is no benefit in calling yourself a “Christian” when Biblically you are not.

Because we love the souls of men and want to see them, too, spend eternity in Heaven with our Savior, we strongly object to anyone proclaiming to the world a false Jesus Christ. We do not want to see anyone miss having their sins forgiven and receiving eternal life, because they were deceived.

Jesus said that He alone was the truth, the way and the life--

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (John 14:6).

Belief in the real Jesus Christ is the only way a man can receive forgiveness of sin and eternal life. The LDS, church in presenting a false Christ is, in fact, leading souls away from salvation and the real Jesus. They reject God’s truth and substitute another Jesus who does not exist and cannot save. Only those who believe in the Biblical Jesus Christ will go to heaven when they die. Those who put their trust in a false Christ will be eternally lost. Every true Child of God knows this, and that is why we try so hard to point men away from false churches, prophets, gods and Christs, that they may find God’s true Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and be saved.

Let God speak for Himself by His Word-- 

Matt. 24:24, “For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” 

“Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:10-12).

http://www.wayoflife.org/index_files/are_mormons_christians.html

• Members

OK, I understand what you are saying. Thank you for taking the time to explain it.

The thing is how can G_d have a son then they suddenly become one? What happen to G_d then? 

Sorry this must seem like a stupid question but seriously it doesn't make sense to me. To me they are separate working together in unity.

Then how to explain this verse? "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46 KJV He's obviously calling out to his father, G_d right?

think about water, being solid, liquid, or gas, and yet still being water.

• Members

I think about God the Father, In order to create He has to Speak, [the Word Jn 1:1] in order to Speak he has to breath. [Gen 1:2]

But there is no one nor anything which can be compared unto The LORD.

Jer 10:6 Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O LORD; thou art great, and thy name is great in might.