• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Lords Promises

• Members

Many hard days followed but never once have I doubted my Saviors promise to those whom are His,they will not feel the sting of death

​Great story brother. This statement is puzzling however in the context of physical death, which your story is. Could you expound on it?

Also, this is a great second chance story in the least. I assume you were saved at this time? Curious how it affected your walk with God, soulwinning, urgency, etc.. Did it light a fire and is this fire still lit some 15 years later?

Edited by wretched

• Members

​Great story brother. This statement is puzzling however in the context of physical death, which your story is. Could you expound on it?

Also, this is a great second chance story in the least. I assume you were saved at this time? Curious how it affected your walk with God, soulwinning, urgency, etc.. Did it light a fire and is this fire still lit some 15 years later?

​Thanks for the questions brother

Yes I was saved at the time- had been for about 20 years.

when I started this thread I was still not quite awake but the intent from my heart was to try and to show the fear that I had been hiding for the past 15 years and repent that I focused more on myself than the Lord

that day I faced leaving this world for certain and knowing in my heart I would have been with My Savior I had no fear yet the Lord Jesus showed me something far greater '' His Love  overcame death on the Cross for all whom come to Him putting their total trust in Him as their lord and Savior ''

Earlier that morning as I prayed I had took no thought of how my day was going to end my total trust was in Jesus being with me all day, and later that morning I was focused on preparing for a meeting and in an instant my life was in my Saviors hands , had I not been Born Again I would have hopelessly faced death and hell .

for many years I've served as a faithful servant in the youth ministry and many other ministries as well and my hearts desire is to lead and direct the lost sinners to the lord Jesus

I have no shame or fear in sharing the Gospel with the lost yet I let fear make me selfish to hide this testimony in my heart and as I thought about it this morning I begin to think about Jesus upon the cross how he defeated Death for all whom will come unto him as their Lord and Savior and how He is faithful to keep his promise of everlasting life to all whom come unto him.

There's another promise our Lord Jesus makes that's everlasting life in hell for those whom reject his Gospel of salvation , the fire in my is heart is to share it with everyone I can and continual doing so each day.  

I cannot explain in detail what happen that morning of July 17 2000 , yet I can explain that My Savior gave me a little more time do His will, to share His Wonderful Gospel to the Lost Souls of this world.

Just as I that morning had no idea how my day would end and this applies to everyone we are not promised tomorrow , are we prepared to bowl before our Lord In His Glory or Face the torments of Hell.

I'm not trying to draw attention to myself nor claim to be someone special because of what happen ' if anything its made my desire to reach the lost 100% stronger .

and my hopes is that every born again Christian will have this same desire in their hearts because before this is posted someone will face the torments of hell, and it could have very well been I .

as for the co-workers  one did trust in Jesus as his Lord and Savior and is working today in the Cherokee Nations in the Ministry I see him often when I'm there Working with the youth and the elderly as for the others I lost contact with them yet I continue to pray for them

I know that many of my brothers and sisters in the Lord here on OLB are saved yet I do not know the hearts of the many guest that come here and my hopes are that this small testimony may change ones thoughts and heart and trust in the Lord Jesus as their Savior because we are not promised tomorrow.

God Bless my friend

Loving you with love of Jesus in my heart  

• Members

The extent of my injuries where a broken neck , my spine was collapsed rendering me to wheel

Thank you sir, very encouraging post. I enjoyed reading it!

​Thank you  Brother ,  the extent of my injuries was a broken neck, brain injury , collapsed spine, shatter hip, broken arm, and a great loss of blood I hope this will kind of explain my condition a bit better.

In route to the hospital my wife called our pastor for prayer and he told her that him and some of the men of the church had just gather for prayer '' oh what a wonderful thing that was " to have these men right then in prayer .

Much Prayer' Great Faith' the Love for our Savior Jesus and  the desire in my heart to do His will is how he healed me to return again serving Him in the ministry.

Thank you brother for helping to encourage me.

God Bless Brother

• Members

How much of your life did you recover? Can you still walk? etc. 

How much of your life did you recover? Can you still walk? etc. 

​Yes my friend with many prayers and great faith in our Lord today I'm very able to walk I still have some pain but its nothing I cant live with , about six years ago one of my doctors  did an MRI and explained to me that my spine was rocking because of the other surgeries I had and he wanted replace a section of my spine he said it would to be done in two parts about 2 years to complete the replacement and there would be a 60% chance I wouldn't walk again, I told him that I'm walking now that God had healed me and my faith was totally in Him and at some point in my life I cant walk again it would be Gods will, as for my neck it has healed but I'm limited to movement, I had two surgeries on my hip and the last one was a success feels normal again, the hardest to recover from has been the brain injury I had a great deal of short term memory lost for about three years which was very hard on me mentally but the hardest has been seizures caused from the brain injury, I begin having seizures shortly after the accident until 2 years ago, I had traveled a long distance to see my brother and while I was there I had a seizure my brother ask if I would try and herb he knew of and I agreed to. the medicine the doctors had me taking was doing me no good I'd give it a try. the next morning he got the herb and made a tea from it he explain how to prepare it and how often I needed take the tea. I took the tea 3 times a day for about six months and my seizures had almost completely stopped. I take the tea about once a month now and haven't had a seizure in over a year.  today I'm 100% back on the path the Lord put me on years ago and will remain there until he calls me home.

The most important thing is that a lot of Good things has happen in many of folks lives  ''  ALL THE GLORY TO GOD ''

Thank you MC for the concern in your heart

Loving you with the love of Jesus from my heart ''  God Bless

• Members

what was the herb? thanks for sharing your story! very inspiring! have you been able to work since your accident?

​The herb is call skull cap, I 'll have to ask my brother what the Medical name is he's a Herbologist , I'm on disability , I worked on my job for 30 years and it was very hard not being able to work anymore , my wife and I started a small business in 08 which I work in the office about fours hours a day three days a week. I returned to the youth ministry in 04 full time and retired as a youth pastor in 010, I am still very active in the ministry today I'm working with two of my son's that God has called into the ministry. 

God bless Miss Daisy

• Members

Thanks for the info! Praise God for all your work for him! That's wonderful that your sons are called to the ministry also!  I've been on disability for a few years after 20 years as a nurse and it is very hard to not be able to work like I did also.

I tried to like it but said I was over my quota, but yours is the first I tried to like.?? 

• Members

​Thank you Miss Daisy , it was very hard to lose my job but the hurt I had the most was the chance of leading one lost teen to the Lord and caring for the ones in our youth ministry that I loved so very much , Miss Daisy God new the desires of my heart to do His will in the ministry he had called into and He filled that desire by allowing me to serve Him in the Ministry for another 5 years. God will take away our heartaches and will fill the heart with His wonderful peace if we will yield our lives totally to Him, Miss Daisy God knows the love you have in your heart for your neighbor and the desire for her to be saved continue in His will Miss Daisy , you're in my prayers.

Loving you with the love of Jesus our Savior from my heart

what was the herb? thanks for sharing your story! very inspiring! have you been able to work since your accident?

​The herb is call skull cap, I 'll have to ask my brother what the Medical name is he's a Herbologist  I'm on disability , I worked on my job for 30 years and it was very hard not being able to work anymore , my wife and I started a small business in 08 which I work in the office about fours hours a day three days a week. I returned to the youth ministry in 04 full time and retired as a youth pastor in 010, I am still very active in the youth ministry today I'm working with two of my son's that God has called into the ministry