• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who Wins ????

Who wins  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Obama & Biden
    • McCain & Palin

Why do you guys always go so against Homosexuals? Why not go against liars or drunkards or druggies or people who had premarital sex or something. hmmmm it was wrong when the Dems pointed out a sin that hapened in one of the canidates family recently but go after obama. Conservatives support little government control so why use the government to go against homosexuals? Thought you wanted the Gov. out of our lives. Do not think you can have it both ways.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Why do you guys always go so against Homosexuals? Why not go against liars or drunkards or druggies or people who had premarital sex or something. hmmmm it was wrong when the Dems pointed out a sin that hapened in one of the canidates family recently but go after obama. Conservatives support little government control so why use the government to go against homosexuals? Thought you wanted the Gov. out of our lives. Do not think you can have it both ways.

Homosexuals in the Bible deserved the same punishment as a murderer. It is an abomination. They are lucky God isn't their government on earth.

The government can stay out of their homes, but allowing gay marriage or equal rights for gay couples is actually getting into OUR lives and affecting US, not just them. Of course they can do as they like in the privacy of their home, but to demand equal rights is NOT right. They have the right to do disgusting things, but that right includes accepting the consequences (disease, people thinking they are gross, and not getting governmental tax breaks or anything else).

• Members

Where do you come up with this stuff?

I have seen many here speak out against drunkeness, drugs, premarital sex, etc., but the hot issue of the day is giving federal and state benefits to homosexuals. THIS IS WRONG. I do not want to pay for their sin! I don't want them in my military. I also don't like the fact that SSI goes to drunkards and druggies. I don't want my tax dollars going for abortions. I am against socialized medicine, and I don't support affirmative action. So yes, I want less gov't in my life, and this includes their pro-homosexual agenda. I can't think of too many here at OB that would disagree with me on this either, except maybe you.

What's your agenda?

• Members

I know of some people who are on SSD because their alcoholics. I was dismayed when I found out that being an alcoholic qualified one to be disabled and collect SSD. I know of cases around out part of the country where people who had a terminal illness had great difficulty in getting SSD while and alcoholic didn't.

No doubt, there are somethings our tax money ought not help support, among them are homosexuals, abortions, and alcoholics.

Edited to add.

Homosexuality would be one of the sins that would fall under church disciplining. As is an alcoholic. Those who are living in such sins brings disgrace on both Jesus and His Churches.

They need to be confronted about their sins, if not they will continue in them thinking that its OK for a member of one of Jesus' Churches to live in such sins.

Of course this is done for their own good, it is done in love.

5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

1 Cor 5:5-6 (KJV)

I've wondered about that to, I've never seen anyone who has a great friend in the hospital turned away from visiting their dear friend in the hospital. Except at times when the doctor or nurses may be in the room, even at such times they will usually ask family members to step out of the room for a few minutes.

Sinners will use any ploy to try and make their sins legitimate and many Christians will fall for it.

• Members
I've wondered about that to, I've never seen anyone who has a great friend in the hospital turned away from visiting their dear friend in the hospital. Except at times when the doctor or nurses may be in the room, even at such times they will usually ask family members to step out of the room for a few minutes.

Yep, its just an excuse to further the cause of gay rights.

What drives me insane is that gays are considered a "minority" as if they were born with a handicap or different color....its a CHOICE.

• Members

I have seen many here speak out against drunkeness, drugs, premarital sex, etc., but the hot issue of the day is giving federal and state benefits to homosexuals. THIS IS WRONG. I do not want to pay for their sin! I don't want them in my military. I also don't like the fact that SSI goes to drunkards and druggies. I don't want my tax dollars going for abortions. I am against socialized medicine, and I don't support affirmative action. So yes, I want less gov't in my life, and this includes their pro-homosexual agenda. I can't think of too many here at OB that would disagree with me on this either, except maybe you.

My question is why do you keep disobeying God by knowingly paying taxes that you admit support those sins?

C

• Members

My question is why do you keep disobeying God by knowingly paying taxes that you admit support those sins?

C

What a wonderfully Pharisaical question:

Mat 22:15 Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk.
Mat 22:16 And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men.
Mat 22:17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?
Mat 22:18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?
Mat 22:19 Show me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
Mat 22:20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
Mat 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Also:
1Pe 2:13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
1Pe 2:14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
1Pe 2:15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
1Pe 2:16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

So I am actually following Jesus' example and obeying God by following the manmade laws that I find myself under.

Ok I went ahead and voted that I think McCain/Palin will win' date=' by a narrow margin. I think it will be close, but I think America is not ready for Obama yet, and I think we know it.[/quote']

I agree. Somehow Bush got into office for a second term, even though a lot of people were complaining about the war and everything else he was doing. I think there are enough conservatives out there to vote for the right guy. The liberals just like to make themselves seem big. (Kinda like what the sodomites do... they make it seem like they're a huge group, but in reality, there aren't as many of them as you'd think)

• Members

What a wonderfully Pharisaical question:

Mat 22:15 Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk.
Mat 22:16 And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men.
Mat 22:17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?
Mat 22:18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?
Mat 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Also:
1Pe 2:13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
1Pe 2:14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
1Pe 2:15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
1Pe 2:16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

So I am actually following Jesus' example and obeying God by following the manmade laws that I find myself under.

So you will knowingly support sin, in disobedience of God to obey man made laws. What ever happened to we should obey God rather than men?
C

Jesus told us to pay taxes, so by paying taxes we ARE obeying God.

The only tax we can morally and Biblically question is income tax, because it's unconstitutional. I'm not saying we shouldn't pay it, but it's the only tax I'd question.

Taxes don't JUST pay for welfare and the homosexuals. Taxes pay for our roads, our military, police officers, etc. Those are all important things that our local and national governments are able to provide for us through taxes. I know that a lot of tax dollars get wasted on things that aren't important, but it doesn't mean we should get out of paying taxes because of it.

• Members
So you will knowingly support sin, in disobedience of God to obey man made laws. What ever happened to we should obey God rather than men?
C

Did you read the scripture I posted??????????????????????????????

Following your so-called logic above, Jesus not only knowing supported, but mandated supporting sin in Matthew 22.

Do you pay taxes?

What is the point you are trying to make here? What is your angle? If this is the way you truly interpret scripture I'm glad I don't have a Cowboy Preacher. :loco

This passage says nothing about taxes. We need to be careful when reading the Bible to make sure that we read it properly. This passage is talking about tribute, and tribute is a tax upon a conquered country by the people that conquered them.