• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who Wins ????

Who wins  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Obama & Biden
    • McCain & Palin

• Members

OK, now that we know who gong to be the running mates, who do you suppose will win this election.

I'm not asking you who you will vote for, just who you pick to win.

Many are saying because McCain picked Palin, a woman, many of those who were for Hillary will vote for the McCain ticket. But I feel that is not true. Most of her follower firmly believe in a woman's choice to abort if she wants to, with Palin against that, I just feel she will not get hardly any of the.

I've though all along that Obama would go all the way, I still feel that he will, unless he makes a major mistake.

But I must say, seems with McCain picking Palin has help him a bit, but not enough to win.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think its too early to tell at this point. A debate or two are necessary before we can get a true feel for how it is going. Given the choices though, I honestly don't care. They are both bad for the country. This is the worst I've felt about any election and I haven't been very warm and fuzzy about the last four or five. I am putting all my trust in God as to how things are going to go here in America and throughout the world.

• Members
I think its too early to tell at this point. A debate or two are necessary before we can get a true feel for how it is going.

True. Right now it looks pretty even, but we all know how limited polls are in showing future actual results. The current consensus is that it will go right down to the wire, like the 2000 election. A pessimist by nature, I tend to think Obama will win...but then I get to thinking about how extremely liberal he is, and have second thoughts. In recent years, Democrats have won by being "moderate." They have avoided the "liberal" label for twenty to thirty years, because they know it has not been popular with the American people since Jimmy Carter. Obama is unabashedly on the extreme left end of the spectrum. McCain comes across as more moderate, or "independent/maverick," even though he is in fact pretty conservative, especially on social issues. HOWEVER...Young voters are too young to remember the negative associations of the word "liberal." And they haven't been around long enough to see how very badly things go under a "liberal" president. So...Young Dems might just like the sound of Obama's extremist rhetoric, because to them it seems like he's "shaking things up," advocating "change," and trying "new" things. Those of us who are older know Obama's ideas are just the same old tried-and-failed policies of the sixties and early eighties.

So, who will win? I guess I'll have to be like my husband during March Madness...If its a toss-up between his favorite team and an evenly-matched rival, he goes with his heart. So, I'll go with mine, and say MCCAIN will win!

• Members
I think its too early to tell at this point. A debate or two are necessary before we can get a true feel for how it is going. Given the choices though' date=' I honestly don't care. They are both bad for the country. This is the worst I've felt about any election and I haven't been very warm and fuzzy about the last four or five. I am putting all my trust in God as to how things are going to go here in America and throughout the world.[/quote']
Agreed.

Although I see that Obama is up by about 8 points in the polls now.

The Palin choice will be interesting (from a politics in America standpoint).

• Administrators

I chose McCain/Palin for the poll, but really don't know! Obama is up a few points right now, but it has been neck and neck before that. And BO should have been far ahead, given the war, the supposed bad economy, and everyone's supposed hatred of Dubya. His lead right now actually should have been about 15 points after the Dem convention, but he didn't bounce until this weekend. And it was only 7-8 points (depending on which poll you see). Most believe it's because McCain announced his pick right after the convention.

BO is a supposed breath of fresh air, but I kinda think he made a mistake choosing Biden. Biden is not the change in DC that BO has been on about. He also will have to walk a very tight line when debating with Palin. If he's seen to be patronizing (which he can be), people won't like it. And if he's seen to be too aggressive (which he is, that being the main reason BO chose him), people will be angry. And all the criticism he had of BO is going to come back and haunt him.

Annie, I agree that there are a lot of young Dems who will follow BO - much like when BC ran. But there are a lot of young Reps that are out stumping for McCain, too. I was just reading this morning about how they are really working over Chicago, which is quite in support of BO...and they are finding results, which kind of surprised me.

I am praying that Obama does not get in. I don't like McCain, and would rather have someone who is stronger on things that we need in this country. But I do have to say, at least McCain is stronger in some good areas than BO is. I honestly cannot think of anything good that BO would bring to the office of POTUS.

• Members

I don't even have a guess at who is gonna win, but I can tell you who is going to lose. The American people are going to lose no matter who wins. We are going to lose more rights. We are going to lose more liberty. We are going to lose more money in our pockets. We are going to lose more freedoms. And the list goes on because it doesn't matter who wins neither one of the two main parties has the interests of the American people at heart, they only have their own interests and agendas.

C

• Members

Its never to early to have an opinion who is going to win.

And as we all know, from one hour to the next things can change, that is why those who do polls are constantly having new polls. Later on we can too!

And of course, if you have no opinon don't vote in the poll.

But I see Obama is up by one, I thought it would be more than that.

Seems the Democrats are trying to make a big deal out of Palin, they better be careful this might be their donwfall.

• Members

Seems the Democrats are trying to make a big deal out of Palin, they better be careful this might be their donwfall.

Seems like all the GOP pundits and many plain old republicans are making a big deal out of Palin as well. From all the talk you would think she is capable of single-handedly saving the world from all its woes. She walks higher above the water than Obama.

At this time I think it is too close to call. I honestly don't know which set of losers will win.

• Members

Seems like all the GOP pundits and many plain old republicans are making a big deal out of Palin as well. From all the talk you would think she is capable of single-handedly saving the world from all its woes. She walks higher above the water than Obama.

At this time I think it is too close to call. I honestly don't know which set of losers will win.

You know how it is, most poloticans think they're the best thing since cotton candy and are the savior of this nation. But all this nations does is grow even more evil and most dads & moms keep right on sacrificing their children because of their love for this world and what it offerers. To bad this nation want: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chron 7:14 (KJV)

I do not think it is the Democrats as much as the media moguls. Why do farmers who recieve government subsidies support Republicans and then say "I work for what I got." But they use government backed loans, take part in subsidies of all kinds, recieve lower interest rates, many of there children recieve other welfare benifits etc.. These are all liberal reforms and welfare. Just a thought.

• Members

I dunno. I dread the thought of Obama getting in....but I know its gonna be extremely close. The big cities are gonna pick Obama as usual, the rural areas will pick McCain as usual. It will be a scary night, November 4.

I don't love McCain, but the more I know about Obama, the more I just want anybody but him in office. Its kinda like, do you wanna live with your mother in law, or with Jeffrey Dahmer......