• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Freemasonary in the midst of the brethren

• Members
2 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

That’s amazing. They are honestly looking for the truth, but I feel they never get the opportunity to really “look” at it.

You're right...with Freemasonry, they DON'T get the chance to look for the truth. It's all designed to keep them inside the group and away from God. Like one of my family members said...they have a form of godliness, but they DENY the power of the one true God.

• Members

When my grandfather passed it was revealed he was a Mason and nobody had any inkling that he was. They showed up at his funeral.

Even more shocking is my maternal great grandparents were KKK with him being a higher up in the organization and this was in New Jersey not the South. Nobody had any idea except my one uncle and he found out from an outside source.

I think for my grandfather it was more about making allies and creating contacts in the business world rather than any plot to subvert the Constitution or take over the nation. It was a good ol' boys club. He loved America, was very patriotic and made a profession of faith in Christ a few years before he died.

Like I've said before I think the Masons have become irrelevant and has been replaced by other secret societies that are far more dangerous. These subverters are always one step ahead.

• Members
8 hours ago, SureWord said:

When my grandfather passed it was revealed he was a Mason and nobody had any inkling that he was. They showed up at his funeral.

Even more shocking is my maternal great grandparents were KKK with him being a higher up in the organization and this was in New Jersey not the South. Nobody had any idea except my one uncle and he found out from an outside source.

I think for my grandfather it was more about making allies and creating contacts in the business world rather than any plot to subvert the Constitution or take over the nation. It was a good ol' boys club. He loved America, was very patriotic and made a profession of faith in Christ a few years before he died.

Like I've said before I think the Masons have become irrelevant and has been replaced by other secret societies that are far more dangerous. These subverters are always one step ahead.

My maternal grandfather used to be a member of the Order of the Oddfellows...but he got tired of the rituals and the secretive actions. He resigned. Many members would no longer speak to him. Didn't bother him any. My MIL used to be a member of the Rebecca's...Order of the Eastern Star...this was a really strange group, and my MIL finally left them as they started to really go off the rails!  

• Members
4 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

My maternal grandfather used to be a member of the Order of the Oddfellows...but he got tired of the rituals and the secretive actions. He resigned. Many members would no longer speak to him. Didn't bother him any. My MIL used to be a member of the Rebecca's...Order of the Eastern Star...this was a really strange group, and my MIL finally left them as they started to really go off the rails!  

There's so many off them out there. Ben Franklin was a member of the Oddfellows. He was also a member of the Hellfire Club which was a pretty wretched affair. I hate it when I find out about these things how a person I admire like Ben Franklin was involved in such a thing. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

I was baptized when I was 9 into the Mormon Church and once in a while, not as much as I used too, I hear from them trying to get me back into the cult. They have a lot of bizarre secret rituals and apparently Joseph Smith's father was deep into the Masons. 

• 3 months later...
  • Members
On 5/30/2015 at 9:28 PM, Old-Pilgrim said:

How many times are Christians warned against the cult of Freemasonry?

I can't remember ever hearing any warnings against Freemasonry from the pulpit. Other than one time I travelled about 35 miles to hear a guest speaker from the other side of the world.

Any views?

They do teach works based salvation, and many Baptists do belong to them!